"Official leak" Sprint HTC Hero getting update on April 9th, is it Android 2.1 ?

Search This thread

networx2002

Nov 6, 2007
Essential Phone
"Official leak" Sprint HTC Hero getting update on April 9th, is it Android 2.1 ?

http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint-htc-hero-getting-android-21-april-9th

htc-hero-21-update.jpg

Last edited:

jadambpharm

Dec 2, 2009
from the comments:

I spoke with sprint customer service today b/c my MMS stopped working after I updated the PRL today and they said there would be a maintenance release on april 9th to fix the MMS issue, but it was not the 2.1 update. So don't get your hopes up. --- Submitted by repinphilly247 on Thu, 03/25/2010 - 18:52.

so it may have nothing to do with 2.1 at all...

obelisk79

May 18, 2008
we shall see, I'm not dying over this, there's only a few small nagging issues left over in the 2.1 roms we already have.

subliminalurge

Mar 13, 2010
there's only a few small nagging issues left over in the 2.1 roms we already have.

Actually, none of the issues that are bugging me with DC are rumored to be fixed in the official update anyway, as far as I've heard.

I could get excited about it if they fix Gmail or have live wallpapers working with Sense, though.

dwertz

Aug 22, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
It specifically says tentatively April 9 which means that could change. I am sure they are still running tests and when its good, which they hope by April 9, then it will be released.

azyouthinkeyeiz

Jan 3, 2010
If you read more than just "Hero" and "Update" on the picture you linked...

It says

"Unable to download picture notifications.

HTC HERO

Fix will be part of the maintenance release scheduled for 04/19/10. Tickets are not needed for these picture mail issues."

Pay attention and stop posting random dumbness..

This is an internal service memo... The update will be released and announced.. Be patient

mountaindont

Mar 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
If you read more than just "Hero" and "Update" on the picture you linked...

It says

"Unable to download picture notifications.

HTC HERO

Fix will be part of the maintenance release scheduled for 04/19/10. Tickets are not needed for these picture mail issues."

Pay attention and stop posting random dumbness..

This is an internal service memo... The update will be released and announced.. Be patient

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what this could be, and is no way random dumbness.

I firmly believe this is not 2.1, but the only way to find out is to wait until 4/9.

Thanks for the post, and heres to hoping this is INDEED 2.1!

rkendle53

Feb 22, 2010
i dont know officially if it is 2.1, but internally all our updates are called "maintenance releases", no matter how big or small they may be. hell, the other day the tp2 went from 6.1 to 6.5 and we billed it as a maintenance release. but imho, this is 2.1.

rkendle53

Feb 22, 2010
i work there you big dummy. if we called wm6.1 to 6.5, how can you be sure? webos 1.3.5 to 1.4 was also a sprint "maintenance release". just be happy with that answer... and just be glad you dont have a moto droid, lol

Avalaunchmods

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2010
Kentucky
i work there you big dummy. if we called wm6.1 to 6.5, how can you be sure? webos 1.3.5 to 1.4 was also a sprint "maintenance release". just be happy with that answer... and just be glad you dont have a moto droid, lol

i agree with you but also it does clearly state what it fixes. so idk im iffy to get my hopes up. i dont think it is 2.1

mrniceguy715

Nov 19, 2009
that document contained errors and had been revised. The official word is still coming soon... the version must go thru testing no need in releasing it only to have to issue another update after a week or so right

mbell75

Mar 20, 2009
i dont know officially if it is 2.1, but internally all our updates are called "maintenance releases", no matter how big or small they may be. hell, the other day the tp2 went from 6.1 to 6.5 and we billed it as a maintenance release. but imho, this is 2.1.

Are you friends with the other Sprint employees here who swore they had inside info and the 2.1 update was coming Feb 22nd and then today March 26th? :rolleyes:

azyouthinkeyeiz

Jan 3, 2010
So...

I am digging this out of death, so that I can tell you guys, that if you read my earlier post in this thread, the reality is the exact opposite....

;)... that's all you get.

Last edited: