FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Who is getting the South Korean LG G2 Variant?

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By fahad233, Member on 24th September 2013, 04:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th September 2013, 06:12 PM |#21  
OP Member

More
Completely agreed with Zentac.

The only reason I'm considering the Korean model is due to the SD card.
32GB is not enough for my media needs at all especially after taking OS and apps(games) into account.

Gonna use a 64GB microSD card.

If you're still looking for other compelling reasons then you should probably stick with the NA variant for the bigger battery.

27th September 2013, 06:13 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashshadow

I cannot, but I can say that it works for 3g on Fido, at the very least. It is possible that I need an 'LTE sim card' to get LTE speeds, this is my next step. For now, 3g for the F320S works for Fido.

Also, the antenna captures nothing, but once you pull it out, it looks like a phone from the 80s, so yeah, its awesome.

Do you know any one using WIND whose SIM you'd be able to try in your phone?
I'd be willing to meet up if you're in the GTA. :P
30th October 2013, 11:39 PM |#23  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof123

F320L/S and i have flashed it with the beta K model firmware now,and also works like a charm.

My F320S doesnt and im sure the L model doesnt too,since its practicaly the same.Only if you are lucky and the K one has it...

Hi, I notice you mention flashing the K version of the ROM onto your S/L phone. How did you get this to run? I have the 320L but like yours has s/l written inside the cover. I have the stock shipped 10K image but cannot get any rom on there apart from 320L images. Thanks, Bert
31st October 2013, 12:06 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lbert

Hi, I notice you mention flashing the K version of the ROM onto your S/L phone. How did you get this to run? I have the 320L but like yours has s/l written inside the cover. I have the stock shipped 10K image but cannot get any rom on there apart from 320L images. Thanks, Bert

You will find the nessesary explanations there There is no point to flash it now tho,by the time,it was mostly cause the K had the 11a rom (if i remember right) but now,we are already above this version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459028
31st October 2013, 12:21 AM |#25  

More
I am using F320K11D korean software version. My network is Fido and I dont receive any 4G or LTE connections, always on WCDMA (3G connection displayed at the taskbar). It sucks that it doesn't have an FM Radio which usually use, and this QVoice is in Korean language (Voice Mate in international version). I'm in Alberta btw.
31st October 2013, 08:32 AM |#26  
Flag Haarlem
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof123

You will find the nessesary explanations there There is no point to flash it now tho,by the time,it was mostly cause the K had the 11a rom (if i remember right) but now,we are already above this version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2459028

Thanks, I've found the 11C version for my phone but I'm still struggling to get it to root. is VRoot1.6 the only way to get the Korean variants to root?
31st October 2013, 08:49 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 151

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lbert

Thanks, I've found the 11C version for my phone but I'm still struggling to get it to root. is VRoot1.6 the only way to get the Korean variants to root?

I have downloaded Vroot from their website,now its 1.7.2v.This is how i did mine also..no problems at all.And to tell you the truth im kinda miss the superuser they install with the root.It has some nice features.

http://www.mgyun.com/vroot
2nd December 2013, 01:41 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
So the F320S model will not work on Tmobile. I live in Korea but will visit the US this winter for 3 weeks. What network can I get 3g with this model? Any of them? Thanks.
21st December 2013, 12:27 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGHardcore

I am using F320K11D korean software version. My network is Fido and I dont receive any 4G or LTE connections, always on WCDMA (3G connection displayed at the taskbar). It sucks that it doesn't have an FM Radio which usually use, and this QVoice is in Korean language (Voice Mate in international version). I'm in Alberta btw.

Hey LGHardcore,

Have you ever though about flashing your phone with the T-mobile version of the ROM? I think that might help you to get LTE frequencies as well as the AWS frequencies that T-mobile, Wind, and mobilicity use. That should remove a software handicap on the phone the same way that they remove a software handicap on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (model I337s for Bell, Rogers, and Telus) here in Alberta to make them compatible on the AWS frequencies also.
25th December 2013, 04:06 AM |#30  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 44

More
I would so jump on board and order this intl version if I knew/find out that it will work fully with T-mobile.
3rd January 2014, 05:20 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsubasic

Hey LGHardcore,

Have you ever though about flashing your phone with the T-mobile version of the ROM? I think that might help you to get LTE frequencies as well as the AWS frequencies that T-mobile, Wind, and mobilicity use. That should remove a software handicap on the phone the same way that they remove a software handicap on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (model I337s for Bell, Rogers, and Telus) here in Alberta to make them compatible on the AWS frequencies also.

I have actually thought of flashing this phone 3 to 1-month old after I purchased it from Korea, though it has no FM Radio pre-installed, I can now use that app which I downloaded from the Google Play, with an LTE Connection (I don't really knew what happened to this phone, I just played around some frequency-band settings one evening), AND WAIT there's more.... through UNLIMITED DATA connection! I don't want to spare more details from that cause its super AWESOME! I don't have to worry much spending too much data with my plan hahaha! Just to add things up, I am now running Android 4.4 KitKat OTA download by LG.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg g2, south korean variant

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)