FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Who is getting the South Korean LG G2 Variant?

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By fahad233, Member on 24th September 2013, 04:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd January 2014, 05:20 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsubasic

Hey LGHardcore,

Have you ever though about flashing your phone with the T-mobile version of the ROM? I think that might help you to get LTE frequencies as well as the AWS frequencies that T-mobile, Wind, and mobilicity use. That should remove a software handicap on the phone the same way that they remove a software handicap on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (model I337s for Bell, Rogers, and Telus) here in Alberta to make them compatible on the AWS frequencies also.

I have actually thought of flashing this phone 3 to 1-month old after I purchased it from Korea, though it has no FM Radio pre-installed, I can now use that app which I downloaded from the Google Play, with an LTE Connection (I don't really knew what happened to this phone, I just played around some frequency-band settings one evening), AND WAIT there's more.... through UNLIMITED DATA connection! I don't want to spare more details from that cause its super AWESOME! I don't have to worry much spending too much data with my plan hahaha! Just to add things up, I am now running Android 4.4 KitKat OTA download by LG.

15th February 2014, 08:45 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGHardcore

I have actually thought of flashing this phone 3 to 1-month old after I purchased it from Korea, though it has no FM Radio pre-installed, I can now use that app which I downloaded from the Google Play, with an LTE Connection (I don't really knew what happened to this phone, I just played around some frequency-band settings one evening), AND WAIT there's more.... through UNLIMITED DATA connection! I don't want to spare more details from that cause its super AWESOME! I don't have to worry much spending too much data with my plan hahaha! Just to add things up, I am now running Android 4.4 KitKat OTA download by LG.

How were you able to change the frequency band settings? Im kind of new at this, never rooted a phone before and I just bought a f320k g2. By what I have been reading around here it looks like i will have to root. I live in the midwest and have service through att, voice and txt work but I am unable to connect to their data network. Had to go into att store to get a new micro sim and the rep spent about a half an hour trying to get it to connect to their data network, but failed.

Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks!
20th March 2014, 10:13 PM |#33  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boges97

How were you able to change the frequency band settings? Im kind of new at this, never rooted a phone before and I just bought a f320k g2. By what I have been reading around here it looks like i will have to root. I live in the midwest and have service through att, voice and txt work but I am unable to connect to their data network. Had to go into att store to get a new micro sim and the rep spent about a half an hour trying to get it to connect to their data network, but failed.

Any help is appreciated guys, Thanks!

try this thread man! hope it helps
31st December 2014, 05:29 PM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waygookin

So the F320S model will not work on Tmobile. I live in Korea but will visit the US this winter for 3 weeks. What network can I get 3g with this model? Any of them? Thanks.

It definitely works on Tmobile but right now only 3g. Has anyone gotten 4g LTE to work on the F320s. I'm on CloudyFlex 2.7 Baseband M8974A-AAAAN. Also how do I find another battery cover back, mine came with a blue one and I'd like a different color. Has anyone used both the korean g2 and US G3. Is there any reason for me to get the US G3, I hear the battery life is not great is QHD isn't that needed for a phone, and it might be too big.

Thanks

Is there any hope of flashing a d801 tmobile or d802 global baseband to the korean f320 ls (or any US LTE band to the korean lg g2)
3rd September 2015, 10:54 PM |#35  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm digging up old bones here but out of curiosity, were you ever able to get the LG G2 F320S to work on T-Mobile 4G LTE? I can't seem to find a coherent post stating that for sure
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
lg g2, south korean variant

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)