Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2010, 02:18 AM |#1001  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan062984

My only question for this is:

What is your Batch Number?

ME <----coming straight from experience (unfortunate Brick on my phone)

You sound like you are stuck on Recovery/ Download. You are in a much better spot than the post i quoted above you. Just as Opcow said, i would use this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=818439

to flash to stock 2.1. DO NOT USE the ODIN One click!!! If you do, and lets say you unfortunately brick your phone ("what if") then you will end up like the guy above with "phone ! pc" screen.

Good Luck

EDIT: @ linggo: btw....if your Batch Number is 1008, then the only way is to either take it back to At&t (hope for a miracle) or send it in to Samsung (takes 3-5 business days).

Batch Number:

1) remove back cover
2) remove battery
3) look under Serial Number/ you will see your batch # (ex: 1006/ 1007/ 1008/ 1009)

I have a question regarding the pit.pit file where does that need to go. thanks for your help

30th October 2010, 02:29 AM |#1002  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoyz2

I have a question regarding the pit.pit file where does that need to go. thanks for your help

There's no need for the Pit file friend. Remember, this is Odin One Click... its as easy clicking either "start" or "master clear".

That is why i wanted to point out the fact that Sebring 5's comment was Invalid. No offense. His post is correct, just not the right version of Odin.
30th October 2010, 05:06 PM |#1003  
Flag northford,ct
Thanks Meter: 105

More
I wanna say a BIG THANKYOU to XDA & DG for helping me unbrick my Cappy today!!! I was just ready to mail my bricked phone to AT&T when I used ODIN for the last time & BAM, I got to the download screen & ODIN did it's work!!Now I have 2 Cappys & have to send one back. but you guys saved me from possibly having my warranty voided since I modded out my phone prior to bricking it..you guys @ XDA & DG will be getting some beer money real soon. THANX AGAIN!!
31st October 2010, 02:37 AM |#1004  
Flag Northford, CT
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by opcow

Right-clicked the app and chose "Run as administrator"? I can't think of anything else other than to try CP3P0LOL's odin 2.1 package, which is safer anyway, because it includes the 3 button combo fix.

Leaving the one-click stock and going to the alternate worked beautifully. Thanks for the assist!

Now I can get back to work again.
31st October 2010, 07:02 PM |#1005  

More
How long for the downloading screen?
I wanted to flash back to stock so that I can install cognition, so I went with the 1 click Odin to master clear and then reset, and I'm stuck at the yellow downloading screen on my phone. I know it says it takes "a while" but it's been an hour.

Anyone have a more accurate time table then "a while?"

NW, figured it out. Worked great, thanks!
31st October 2010, 07:04 PM |#1006  
Flag Ice Station Zebra
Thanks Meter: 134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff423

I wanted to flash back to stock so that I can install cognition, so I went with the 1 click Odin to master clear and then reset, and I'm stuck at the yellow downloading screen on my phone. I know it says it takes "a while" but it's been an hour.

Anyone have a more accurate time table then "a while?"

Way, way less than an hour. There is a blue progress bar on on the download mode screen. If you don't see it after 30 seconds then something is wrong.
31st October 2010, 07:43 PM |#1007  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoyz2

Hi guys,

I have windows 7 64bit

my phone stays in download mode/recovery mode. I power it down turn it on it goes straight into download mode.

i plug it in odin recognize it COM 3

when i hit start or master reset its just say

analysing file....

or master reset...

and does nothing else. i left it like that over night and nothing change. I installed the correct drivers and everything.

Can you guess lend me some help. Thanks advance.

Odin needs to be running before you plug in the phone and put it in download mode not recovery mode, they are 2 different modes. Also you may need to run Odin as administrator with 64 bit system.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
1st November 2010, 02:43 AM |#1008  

More
Stock OS 2.1 ODIN
Newbee- here quick question. I download 2.2 froyo leak and I switched back to 2.1 stock using ODIN. Is this the true stock 2.1 eclair that came from AT&T, or is it some person who developed a 2.1 OS?
1st November 2010, 03:13 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08GMC4x4

Newbee- here quick question. I download 2.2 froyo leak and I switched back to 2.1 stock using ODIN. Is this the true stock 2.1 eclair that came from AT&T, or is it some person who developed a 2.1 OS?

I had the same question. Check this link for my comment on this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=818439&page=2

My question on the 27th of October was later answered by DemonWav, and later confirmed by C3po
1st November 2010, 11:23 PM |#1010  

More
Thumbs up 2.2 firmware
i owe u a beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just updated my firmware to 2.2
2nd November 2010, 05:08 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I just got my replacement phone (had issues with phone intermittently shutting off).
Before I do any flashing I'd like to preserve my current "stock ROM", which is not the I897UCJF6 but mine came with I897UCJH7.
How do I get a flashable copy of this? (preferably as a ODIN-1-Click)
Would I use ROM Manager to make a backup? I guess restoring that should do it?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)