Votes: 46 59.7%
  • NO

Votes: 31 40.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Alibieli

Dec 21, 2012
this method is the best!

i've bricked my phone for 4 times, yet this method never failed to work!

Lots of thanks and hug to Karim Kahale!

Reactions: Karim Kahale

chrism.brunner

Mar 26, 2008
Alaska
Good work. Had to modify some of the steps for my phone for some reason, but I am no longer bricked. Thank you......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

AnilLonely

Aug 4, 2012
Hyderabad
working perfect

:good: cheers, working perfect. i tried on windows XP-SP3.
Obeservations are:-

we cant find OMAP4430 in device manager even if u choose the option "show hidden devices"

As per tutorial we were asked to press Vol up button and hold while flashing. But in my case its 3D button and not Vol up button.

While flashing we were asked to remove battery. In my case i tried flashing while battery is in the mobile.

After all i tried to get my mobile back in perfect condition.
Thanks a lot to Karim Kahale for providing help throughout the process :good:

:good: cheers, working perfect. i tried on windows XP-SP3.
Obeservations are:-

we cant find OMAP4430 in device manager even if u choose the option "show hidden devices"

As per tutorial we were asked to press Vol up button and hold while flashing. But in my case its 3D button and not Vol up button.

While flashing we were asked to remove battery. In my case i tried flashing while battery is in the mobile.

After all i tried to get my mobile back in perfect condition.
Thanks a lot to Karim Kahale for providing help throughout the process :good:

Thanks !
I did mention that you need to plug in the battery but it doesn't matter now ! :highfive::laugh:
I'll add the 3d button notice also thanks again !

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
the LG port doesnt show up

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

am stuck at atep 7 coz i dont see any LG USB Serial Port!

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

i dont know if its coz i never used the drivers u provided! i already had other LG drivers installed

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
I used another PC and am getting some results though not all! I didn't see the LG COSMO(though it showed alot of unknown devices in device manager and I successfully installed their drivers) and Instead LG mobile USB serial port, I have some other port (LGE CDMA USB SERIAL PORT)

I didn't care about which port I saw, I just used that
Started the smart flash but the phone didn't light or do anything but the port and phone GOT RECOGNIZED by the smart flash(I had to plug in the battery) so I went ahead and did the flashing! After the flashing, I booted the phone but it went straight to recovery where I pressed reboot system

It booted but it shows the LG logo for like 10 seconds then shows an animation plus a sound and goes back to the LG logo........... then the animation and sound again .....over and over gain

Where could I have gone wrong??? Please help!

Sent from my U8800 using xda app-developers app

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
Yeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I have managed to make it work! I just downloaded the stock gingerbread ROM and flashed it from CMW! The only issue am having right now is that the ROM I just flashed has an incomplete user interface(check the image image)! It doesn't show text and btw its already rooted(found it rooted)! How can I rectify this? Can I go ahead and install official ICS or another better ics rom??? Will the LG mobile software update tool work for me???? Mind u am having LG thrill 4G(not 3D optimus)

Thanks aloooooot btw! Atleast where I am now, there is some hope! You are one good genius! I appreciate! Been stranded for days!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368429050177.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368429050177.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 56
Yeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy
I have managed to make it work! I just downloaded the stock gingerbread ROM and flashed it from CMW! The only issue am having right now is that the ROM I just flashed has an incomplete user interface(check the image image)! It doesn't show text and btw its already rooted(found it rooted)! How can I rectify this? Can I go ahead and install official ICS or another better ics rom??? Will the LG mobile software update tool work for me???? Mind u am having LG thrill 4G(not 3D optimus)

Thanks aloooooot btw! Atleast where I am now, there is some hope! You are one good genius! I appreciate! Been stranded for days!

I would recommend flashing a stock ROM using smartflash, it's way much better !

Reactions: senrog3

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
I want to flash ics but I don't think I can get a bin file for my phone! All I got was a kdz file and flashing using that LG flash tool looked hectic! Secondly I had issues with the smart flash too since some steps didn't work! I think I will just use the LG mobile update tool! My only concern is whether it will work for me since the phone is rooted and am no longer having the stock recovery!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Actually I just checked and I seem to have the stock ics ROM already on my PC! I would actually flash it now! But am worried smart flash won't work for me since some of the steps didn't work out as I explained earlier

I want to flash ics but I don't think I can get a bin file for my phone! All I got was a kdz file and flashing using that LG flash tool looked hectic! Secondly I had issues with the smart flash too since some steps didn't work! I think I will just use the LG mobile update tool! My only concern is whether it will work for me since the phone is rooted and am no longer having the stock recovery!

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

Actually I just checked and I seem to have the stock ics ROM already on my PC! I would actually flash it now! But am worried smart flash won't work for me since some of the steps didn't work out as I explained earlier

Why don't your try to uninstall your LG drivers and then try mine ?

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
My PC failed to work out so I just used another PC that has never had any LG drivers installed! Do u think it was OK that I used a different port from the one u specified coz The smart flash was able to recognise the phone and the port!

My PC failed to work out so I just used another PC that has never had any LG drivers installed! Do u think it was OK that I used a different port from the one u specified coz The smart flash was able to recognise the phone and the port!

Windows Update automatically installed the LG drivers ;)
So did it finally work and did you fix your problem ? :laugh:

senrog3

Nov 15, 2012
Kampala
I managed to unbrick and I wanna upgrade but I don't know whether the LG mobile update tool will work for me since the phone is rooted and it had CMW instead of stock recovery

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This guide is for those who want to unbrick their LG Optimus 3D P920/5 and SU760 that cannot enter normal download mode anymore.

A) REQUIREMENTS:

1. LG Drivers: Link 1 http://d-h.st/gDp Link 2 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FQhnEqbKk0bEVxTTVHdjVoMEk/edit?usp=drive_web

[*]Smartflash: Link 1 http://d-h.st/JZG Link 2 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FQhnEqbKk0OVNnZ3V3U2YteHM/edit?usp=sharing

2. Recovery ROMs:

If you don't find your model listed, check this page http://lg-phone-firmware.com/firmware-Lg+Optimus+3D-Tutti-2.html and extract the kdz firmware you chose to 2 files bin and fls using this tool http://d-h.st/kIz

3. Flashing tools:

4. Omap4boot: Link 1 http://d-h.st/0Sb Link 2 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FQhnEqbKk0eHJWWVZ5SjI3NHc/edit?usp=sharing (Credits to WKPARKS)

5. Optional: Omap4boot (EMU Version): (For users experiencing error 121) Link 1 http://d-h.st/AAF Link 2 https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1FQhnEqbKk0Z3FhSl9PYjJuV2c/edit?usp=sharing

B) INSTRUCTIONS:

1- Install LG Drivers: Extract "LG Driver.zip" and install both "LG Drivers (1)" and "LG Drivers (2)".

2- Remove the battery and plug your phone with usb cable into your PC WHILE holding vol-up. OMAP4430 device will appears, you must install the usb_drv_windows driver included in Omap4boot ( In windows 7, if OMAP4430 device appear for seconds and then disappear in your Windows Device Manager, run a cmd as an admin and type :" SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 " and press enter, then type :" devmgmt.msc " and press enter. Choose View, Show Hidden Devices, you will see now your hidden OMAP4430 device. You may now proceed to the driver installation). Keep the Windows Device Manager opened.

3- Run start_fastboot.bat and select the option depending on your device model from Omap4boot folder.

4- With the battery still removed, hold vol-up, connect your phone using the usb cable and KEEP HOLDING vol-up.
    If you get "error 121", use the optional omap4boot (EMU version) and choose option 3

5- The usbboot will start, insert the battery.

6- Your phone is now in download mode.
    DSC_0029.jpg

7- Open device manager, select the LG port and open its properties by a right-click. Go to port settings tab, then click on advanced button. When you see a drop down menu, click on it and change the port number to com41.

Steps From 8 to 15 are for P920/5 only:

8- Unplug the usb cable, then run OS_HACKING tool.

9- Pull out the battery, hold vol-up and connect your phone using the usb cable but don't keep on holding vol-up after plugging the usb cable after putting the battery.

10- Your phone should be now in fastboot mode.
    silver_lglogo.jpg

11- In device manager, you will see LG COSMO, install now its driver which is included in OS_HACKING package.

12- Now one more time run OS_HACKING tool, hold vol-up and connect your phone using the usb cable but don't keep on holding vol-up after plugging the usb cable after putting the battery. Your phone shou be in fastboot mode now.

13- Flash the GB bootloaders then flash CWM recovery.

14- Unplug the USB cable. Remove then insert your battery. If your phone boots, follow the next steps, if not, go back to download mode from omap4boot and flash your ROM (in ROM COPY TAB) using smartflash which won't be able to complete the flashing process. Then continue to the next steps (this method actually worked for me but don't forget to open windowsenabler before ).

15- If you can access cwm recovery, then you can try flashing a ROM or you can follow my next steps.

Steps from 16 to 18 are for SU760 only:

16- Run start_fastboot.bat and select the option depending on your device model from Omap4boot folder.

17- With the battery still removed, hold vol-up, connect your phone using the usb cable but DON'T HOLD vol-up.

18- You should be now in fastboot mode. Now from the platform-tools folder, press the right-click button and open command window here, then type the following commands:
    • fastboot flash x-loader files\.....\x-loader.bin
    • fastboot flash u-boot files\....\u-boot.bin
    • fastboot flash boot files\....\boot.img
    • fastboot flash recovery files\....\cwm.img
    19- If you can access cwm recovery, then you can try flashing a ROM or you can follow my next steps.

20- Now open windowsenabler in smartflash folder then run smartflash. Choose your ROM in ROM COPY TAB.

21- Plug your phone without the battery while holding vol-up and wait till LG mobile USB SERIAL PORT gets recognized (if not try to release vol-up then hold vol-up then release it again). Try also to insert battery in after plugging your phone if it doesn't work. You might find sometimes that the 3D button will work for you, you just have to try

22- Smartflash will now recognize the port, you are in download mode but with a black screen on your phone. Now you can then start flashing process ( sometimes the device gets disconnected after 1 minute though it shouldn't do that, so just repeat the flashing process again. Usually this download mode with black screen on your phone lasts LONG ).

23- Now after finishing the process, sometimes the phone doesn't boot, just flash gb bootloaders once again.

24- CONGRATULATIONS !! YOU HAVE RESCUED YOUR LOVELY OPTIMUS 3D !!!

(If you lost your IMEI, follow this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1734330)

DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE THANKS BUTTON, ANSWER THE POLL'S QUESTION AND RATE MY THREAD!!
    Thank`s your work!! But i Can not be downloaded?:confused:
    Thank`s your work!! But i Can not be downloaded?:confused:

I will fix the links when I come back home after few hours. I am so sorry but don't worry.
    Which links are broken and what files cannot be downloaded ?
    I will fix the links when I come back home after few hours. I am so sorry but don't worry.
    Which links are broken and what files cannot be downloaded ?

ok.already can be download.i will try it tomorrow!
    I have checked the links : all of them are working . Retry downloading again.