FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL][WINDOWS] - ADB-Filesync - Easily pull files from your Android-device via ADB

27 posts
Thanks Meter: 24

By Katana1234, Junior Member on 10th November 2013, 05:31 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

Hey there,

i'd like to share a little application i made.

The problem:
I was annoyed by the uncomfortable use of MTP in Windows.
Especially when having more and more files in one folder like the camera folder.
Windows needs several minutes to get the complete filelist.

The solution:
i created a little application which pulls files from your android-device via adb.
the app checks all specified folders from the configuration-file and pulls all files which are not existing to the destination folder.
there is also an option to change the created/modified timestamp of images/videos by parsing the filename. this function may be useful for sorting your pictures/videos.

Setting up the app:
the app creates all necessary files on the first start.
after creating, it automatically opens the configuration-file for you to edit it.
there is a comment in every line to understand what the application will do.
there are a couple more of options, read the ini-file-comments to understand.

Requirements:
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
- the ability to modify a textfile
- ADB-Debugging must be enabled on your device
- the internal path you want to sync from your android-device
if you don't know the path, install "es file explorer" or any other file-explorer and try to find out the path. see screenshot...

if you like this tool feel free to donate.

THX and have fun!

ignore the following files

Click image for larger version

Name:	adb1.png
Views:	2954
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2383670
Click image for larger version

Name:	path (Individuell).png
Views:	2978
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	2383672
Name:  donate.gif
Views: 9649
Size:  1.7 KB

--- DOWNLOAD BELOW ---
Attached Files
File Type: zip ADB Filesync 1.0.zip - [Click for QR Code] (541.7 KB, 1801 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Katana1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Katana1234 Ad-Free
17th December 2014, 08:53 PM |#2  
It's a great idea but the tool does not really work well. I tried many different things now and it either didn't sync at all saying there were no files to copy or only copies the one given directory without subdirectories.
I hope it's not programmed that way since it'd be very un-useful for those who'd want to make a backup of their phone before flashing (as example me right now).

Good idea tho, really like it yet!
7th June 2016, 10:06 PM |#3  
Flag MaturĂ­n
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Hi, thanks for your work. I have a Zenfne 2 and this works for me, but i need to copy all the sdcard folder and subfolders. What i need to do?
19th October 2016, 12:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Great no-nonsense tool!

Allow me to recommend two minor additions
1) For JPG and PNG file, examine the "DATE TAKEN" meta-tag, and use this for filestamp (by an option)

2) A flag for Traverse Subdirs.
(If not easy on the source side, it could be OK with the destination side, one could easily do a initial full copy in explorer)

ADD:
3) An option NOT to try to supply it's own ADB.exe, without a confirmation dialogue as this might be wrong compared to the version used on the system...

...And a tiny bug.
4) When "OpenAfterCopyOnly" is selected and multiple sync-sections is in use, it should ONLY open the destination folders for the dirs that got new files, not all destinations.
30th August 2017, 10:44 PM |#5  
Flag Desert Hot Springs
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Thanks! Just used this to solve my issue. Phone rebooted within 2 minutes, so doing it straight didn't work for me. Good work!
8th October 2018, 12:47 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
People interested in this, might find this little tool PortableDevicesIncrementalCopy helpful too
It can do INCREMENTAL copies via MTP of the entire tree, so very handy and reasonably quick to keep a backup including all your images on your PC
https://eskerahn.dk/wordpress/?p=1668

Note it is not a MIRROR-function, so files deleted on the device will stay on the PC.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)