[s-off[ rumrunner s-off

Search This thread

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
is released for HTC one V. Should be compatible with both primoc and primou versions. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE THE VERSION AT/NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE DOWNLOADS PAGE THAT IS SPECIFIC TO THE ONE V. THE UNIVERSAL VERSION WILL NOT WORK.

Note, it is highly recommended (mandatory?) to be on a normal sense-based ICS rom and using an unsecure (preferably stock based) kernel. If you get poor results with other configurations, don't bother asking for help please!

Enjoy.

support is at #rumrunners on freenode.

rzarectha

Dec 12, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia XR20
Thank's a lot !

Right now i relocked my bootloader, and i'm running a RUU. I'll attempt the S-OFF asap :p
i'll edit this post and update my progress, and with some luck, a SS of the bootloader telling "S-OFF"
wish me luck^^
Edit:
progress so far:
1. relocked bootloader >flashed RUU>unlocked bootloader>flashed latest TWRP> flashed super SU+ updated> launched super su to make sure the binarys are getting updated too, not just the app>reflash TK kernel>victory :p

http://imageshack.com/a/img571/7509/5zxb.jpg

Last edited:

beaups

Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Just posted update to that f'd up linux build. If you downloaded linux version before time of this post, please redownload.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: MameTozhio

beaups

Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
Thank's a lot !

Right now i relocked my bootloader, and i'm running a RUU. I'll attempt the S-OFF asap :p

i'll edit this post and update my progress, and with some luck, a SS of the bootloader telling "S-OFF"

wish me luck^^

Edit:
progress so far:
1. relocked bootloader >flashed RUU>unlocked bootloader>flashed latest TWRP> flashed super SU+ updated> launched super su to make sure the binarys are getting updated too, not just the app.
2nd. launched soju.exe with administrator rights, waited for it to do all steps but installation failed.

it told me something along the lines of "no modifying the apk or tampering with the su binaries will help you" mor e or less.

i am retrying now and see what i missed

Flash unsecure kernel........

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrcorey

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
lol hi

vu7u9edu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sohamssd

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
Damn! You beat me to posting!

S-Off on PrimoU, using Linux Mint 64 bit
BTW. The rom on this phone at the moment is myonev 3.5 with tk kernel

Funny how the PrimoU users have jumped on this first. lol

And, thank you for all the hours of beating on this phone

Last edited:
Reactions: rzarectha

mrcorey

Mar 12, 2012
So, with a S-OFF device, we can install a ROM without using our PC to flash a kernel to it. This was a thing I loved so much with my old LG Optimus One (I see that device is still actually being developed actively). To test if this works, I just swapped over from MyOneV 3.5 (a 4.0.4 ROM requiring TK kernel) to Fabian's Mod, which is a continuation of CM 10 (a 4.1.2 ROM, requiring Hellboy CM 10 Kernel).

I have successfully booted into the ROM. No kernel push was required. Sweet!

thestory101

Aug 19, 2009
does it flash a kernel in rom.zip automatically?

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

MameTozhio

Apr 27, 2013
does it flash a kernel in rom.zip automatically?

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

yes but often the kernel isn't upto date in the ROM zip because we've never been able to take advantage of S-OFF. As of the moment all my ROMs have S-OFF support except for MiDroid. NexusPrimo also has the wrong kernel included although it still boots with that kernel. All my other ROMs have updated kernels in them.

red de0392

Mar 15, 2013
Mumbai
Does having S-Off Device add any functionality ?

EDIT: Just for Confirmation..so that I don't Face any Problem... Do I need to Go back to stock rom and unroot the device in order to do S-OFF ?? And will Developing Custom ROMS on S-OFF device become easy ??

Last edited:

r3d_ark

Dec 31, 2012
Dafq s-off!!!! Yepeeee!!!! And i think we can change/update our hboot to make it compatible for 4.4???

parkourz

Jul 8, 2011
Is it compatible with W7? Cause as I see, everybody reporting successes are using linux-based systems :/

rzarectha

Dec 12, 2012
Bucharest
Nokia XR20
Is it compatible with W7? Cause as I see, everybody reporting successes are using linux-based systems :/

I used windows 7 and i had no issues with the installation.
good luck^^
@red de0392

OP said that it's recomended to use a SENSE based ROM, as close to stock as possible.

I ran a RUU and actually went 100% stock just because i'm a tryhard. People already reported succesful S-OFF using MySense by ckpv5

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is released for HTC one V. Should be compatible with both primoc and primou versions. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE THE VERSION AT/NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE DOWNLOADS PAGE THAT IS SPECIFIC TO THE ONE V. THE UNIVERSAL VERSION WILL NOT WORK.

Note, it is highly recommended (mandatory?) to be on a normal sense-based ICS rom and using an unsecure (preferably stock based) kernel. If you get poor results with other configurations, don't bother asking for help please!

Enjoy.

support is at #rumrunners on freenode.
    Thank's a lot !

wish me luck^^
    Edit:
    progress so far:
    1. relocked bootloader >flashed RUU>unlocked bootloader>flashed latest TWRP> flashed super SU+ updated> launched super su to make sure the binarys are getting updated too, not just the app>reflash TK kernel>victory :p

http://imageshack.com/a/img571/7509/5zxb.jpg
    After 4 times Failing
    I got it done Successfully on Windows 7

Can anyone explain its Advantages ??

read this: http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.ca/2013/06/do-we-really-need-s-off.html
    Where can I download it??

http://rumrunner.us/downloads-2/

Go to the bottom of the page and get "rumrunner_primo_0.5.6.zip" or a more recent version if any is posted before you read this post.

p.s. don't use stock KERNEL, use titanium kiss for this to work. i lost 20 minutes of my life to learn this. now you don't have to :)

edit: sorry @red de0392 i typed rom though i wanted to say kernel :( so stock rom is OK, it's actually what i used, stock KERNEL on the other hand will not allow the SOFF to work

I used windows 7 and i had no issues with the installation.
    good luck^^
    @red de0392

OP said that it's recomended to use a SENSE based ROM, as close to stock as possible.

I ran a RUU and actually went 100% stock just because i'm a tryhard. People already reported succesful S-OFF using MySense by ckpv5