FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-X 5.4][DATA2SD/ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 22]★★

12,752 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,733

By sbdags, Recognized Contributor on 29th August 2013, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th April 2014, 01:08 AM |#5151  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags

Nope, as far as I'm aware it doesn't work on jb 4.2.1.

How about CROMBI-KK?
16th April 2014, 04:05 AM |#5152  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will not connect to wifi
I recently unlocked and installed CROMix 5.4. I have kernel 3.1.10-10.6.1.14.8 that4+

After the install, the wifi was very unstable. I decided to wipe the tablet using the TWRP software (the package that comes up when I press power on and the volume down buttons). I used the default wipe method (it said something like "this is the wipe you will almost always need").

Now, the tablet will not connect to the wifi. It goes as far as "obtaining IP address" but does not succeed.

The table is now clean of all my apps, just what came with the installation.

At this point, I would like to get it functional, and then probably sell it.

PS: Was there a fix to correct a bug with the ASUS keyboard?

Any help is most appreciated.
16th April 2014, 04:09 AM |#5153  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 15,733

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxnardprof

I recently unlocked and installed CROMix 5.4. I have kernel 3.1.10-10.6.1.14.8 that4+

After the install, the wifi was very unstable. I decided to wipe the tablet using the TWRP software (the package that comes up when I press power on and the volume down buttons). I used the default wipe method (it said something like "this is the wipe you will almost always need").

Now, the tablet will not connect to the wifi. It goes as far as "obtaining IP address" but does not succeed.

The table is now clean of all my apps, just what came with the installation.

At this point, I would like to get it functional, and then probably sell it.

PS: Was there a fix to correct a bug with the ASUS keyboard?

Any help is most appreciated.

Well WiFi works fine for everyone else so it must be something you have done, unless you have a hardware failure?

Try this,

Format /data in TWRP not wipe it (note you will lose everything on internal so save backups to microsd) and it takes 90 mins plus.

Then flash the ROM, choose thatv8, now do you have WiFi? If not look up how to post a logcat when WiFi is trying to turn on.

What bug with the keyboard?
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sbdags Ad-Free
16th April 2014, 04:24 PM |#5154  
Flag akron
Thanks Meter: 229

More
@sbdags PM sent

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
18th April 2014, 09:03 PM |#5155  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I installed CROMi-X 5.4 because I was very unimpressed with the speed of the TF700T (presumably because of the poor flash performance). I am looking to reinstall CROMi-X so that I can go through the installer again and select data2sd to see if that helps. However, I'm a bit confused. I remember seeing this in the installer when I went through it the first time but in the 2nd post of this thread it talks about a Kernel & Tweaks Installer. Do I need to install that after installing the normal CROMi-X image? If so, do I go through setup before flashing the tweaks installer or do I flash the ROM and then the tweaks images in succession?

Sorry for the newbie question but the directions aren't clear to me.
18th April 2014, 09:08 PM |#5156  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 400

More
The kernel and tweaks have been incorporated into the latest cROMi-X Aroma installer, so no you do not need them anymore.

The first post has all the instructions that you need.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlgalt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnlgalt Ad-Free
19th April 2014, 09:13 PM |#5157  
Hoping somebody can help with an odd problem I've got...
Over the last few days I have been observing the superfast battery drain that others have reported and I can happily say seems to have gone away with me switching off location services completely, force stopping them and rebooting, however i then started noticing something weird with the battery stats and the graph as shown in this screenshot...

Is there any way of clearing these stats? tried doing a reboot, a full power off but the stats dont reset as they do with my other devices (and am sure it used to on my infinity)

Also it spent a day depleting the tablet battery while not touching the dock battery but an undock, reboot and then redock seems to have fixed that.

I am sure it's not Cromi-X causing it but thought you guys may have some ideas n how to fix it?

Cheers
FBiL

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1397938318422.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	2696680  
19th April 2014, 10:24 PM |#5158  
Flag Kyiv, Ukraine
Thanks Meter: 152

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyinlycra

Is there any way of clearing these stats?

Just charge it till 100%, or delete /data/system/batterystats.bin or choose option in recovery "wipe battery stats" if you have it there.

And maybe try to reflash the rom with all wipes. Because I have no such drain on my tf700 with location services on all the time.

Sent from my new LG L90 D410 that is still NOT ROOTED!! ARGH!
20th April 2014, 12:26 AM |#5159  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 1,138

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyinlycra

Is there any way of clearing these stats? tried doing a reboot, a full power off but the stats dont reset as they do with my other devices (and am sure it used to on my infinity)

What @olegat0r is saying, when you charge the tablet to 100%, at the point when you unplug the charger, the battery stats are reset. If you want to do it faster, they delete the file he suggested.
20th April 2014, 11:30 AM |#5160  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

What @olegat0r is saying, when you charge the tablet to 100%, at the point when you unplug the charger, the battery stats are reset. If you want to do it faster, they delete the file he suggested.

Cheers for this. I had tried both. Twrp 7.2.0.0 doesn't seem to have the option to wipe battery stats. What it took in the end was a full charge plus a reboot while undocked to reset battery stats

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th April 2014, 03:11 PM |#5161  
Thanks Meter: 727

More
Is there any way to remap the settings key on the dock, to the application switcher button?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T running CROMBi-kk using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus transformer, cleanrom inheritance, cromi, cromi-x, jb 4.2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)