FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM]★★[JB 4.2.1][CROMi-X 5.4][DATA2SD/ROM2SD | ODEX/DEODEX 10.6.1.27.5][FEB 22]★★

12,752 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,733
 
By sbdags, Recognized Contributor on 29th August 2013, 10:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2015, 10:26 PM |#5631  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

They are here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/tran...t-rom-t3220460
Right now you have to read through the whole thread to piece the instructions together, do some manual clean-ups and adjustments....
LMK and I are planning to update sbdag's rom zip with his tweaks so that you just have to do the ususal wipes > f2fs conversion > rom flash but that could take a little while
In the meantime if you don't mind some fiddling, go right ahead - it's all there. And it runs really, really well

Nice work gentlemen. Great to see you keeping the beast alive!

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Essentrix For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Essentrix Ad-Free
11th November 2015, 10:37 PM |#5632  
Senior Member
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 702
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essentrix

Nice work gentlemen. Great to see you keeping the beast alive!

Sent from my Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi using Tapatalk

Thanks.. I just have some spare times to have fun on this device....

Please follow the link above and give it a test try... You will like it...
11th November 2015, 11:04 PM |#5633  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow

Thanks.. I just have some spare times to have fun on this device....

Please follow the link above and give it a test try... You will like it...

Thx mate will take a look. Always impressed by your work! cheers

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
15th April 2016, 12:13 AM |#5634  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 163
 
More
Sorry for the slow reply. Been flat out. New build worked beautifully with f2fs data and cache. Will let the wife play with it for a while and let you knows of there are any issues. Nice work as always gentlemen!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
25th September 2017, 05:11 AM |#5635  
Member
Flag Fort Collins
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
failed to unmount '/cache' (no such file or directory)
I dont believe this has anything to do with the rom itself
bootloader 10.6.1.14.10
twrp [email protected]
after aroma installs (no issues) i get, "failed to unmount '/cache' (no such file or directory)"
I have had several different roms on here, they were all deodexed stock roms then I installed the ported katkiss rom and used it for a few days then wanted to come back to cromi so wiped everything, dalvik, system, cache, data and internal (as usual) and now this, cant get any rom to boot up (not even my twrp backups) just sits at the logo screen?
In twrp, the wipe menu, under advanced wipe, and check the cache, then go to repair/change file system says its present, and file system is f2fs, is that correct?
Any help is greatly appreciated or maybe point me in the right direction? I have been searching around on here for four hrs and cant seem to find a specific thread where I dont have to be a code genius
26th September 2017, 12:33 AM |#5636  
berndblb's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,111
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodebacle

I dont believe this has anything to do with the rom itself
bootloader 10.6.1.14.10
twrp [email protected]
after aroma installs (no issues) i get, "failed to unmount '/cache' (no such file or directory)"
I have had several different roms on here, they were all deodexed stock roms then I installed the ported katkiss rom and used it for a few days then wanted to come back to cromi so wiped everything, dalvik, system, cache, data and internal (as usual) and now this, cant get any rom to boot up (not even my twrp backups) just sits at the logo screen?
In twrp, the wipe menu, under advanced wipe, and check the cache, then go to repair/change file system says its present, and file system is f2fs, is that correct?
Any help is greatly appreciated or maybe point me in the right direction? I have been searching around on here for four hrs and cant seem to find a specific thread where I dont have to be a code genius

Cache should be on ext4 file system. Could it be that you inadvertently converted cache instead of data at some point? Format it back to ext4 and you should be ok.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to berndblb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift berndblb Ad-Free
26th September 2017, 03:02 AM |#5637  
Member
Flag Fort Collins
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Cache should be on ext4 file system. Could it be that you inadvertently converted cache instead of data at some point? Format it back to ext4 and you should be ok.

Thank you, that was it, i have no clue how that happened How do i paypal you a beer on here?
The Following User Says Thank You to Biodebacle For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Biodebacle Ad-Free
1st November 2017, 07:04 PM |#5638  
Member
nyc metro
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
still going strong with this ROM. thanks.
20th January 2019, 05:25 PM |#5639  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I am currently on JB 4.2.1 with stock bootloader 10.6.1.14.8. I would like to try Cromi-X 5.4 Resurrection. How do I upgrade to bootloader 10.6.1.14.10? I loaded updated zip into TWRP 3.2.3-0-tf700t, did a factory wipe and then attempted to install the new zip file but received Error: 7. Upgrade failed but I'm glad I didn't brick the tablet. Can you please help me.
21st January 2019, 08:26 AM |#5640  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 4,272
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtsmanAT

I am currently on JB 4.2.1 with stock bootloader 10.6.1.14.8. I would like to try Cromi-X 5.4 Resurrection. How do I upgrade to bootloader 10.6.1.14.10?

10.6.1.14.8 and 10.6.1.14.10 bootloaders differ only in the version number, so you don't need to upgrade. If you insist, the best way to do that is by installing the full stock ROM (if you can still find it online).

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtsmanAT

but received Error: 7

That error message doesn't help at all if you don't include the line(s) above it. The best way is to get the full recovery log after flashing - from the PC while still in recovery:

adb pull /tmp/recovery.log
21st January 2019, 04:00 PM |#5641  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Upgrading Bootloader
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

10.6.1.14.8 and 10.6.1.14.10 bootloaders differ only in the version number, so you don't need to upgrade. If you insist, the best way to do that is by installing the full stock ROM (if you can still find it online).



That error message doesn't help at all if you don't include the line(s) above it. The best way is to get the full recovery log after flashing - from the PC while still in recovery:

adb pull /tmp/recovery.log

Sorry the information I provided was insufficient. I am very new to this process. Asus just sent me a current bootloader update for the Tf700t, 10.4.4.25, (WW epaduser VER104425UpdateLauncher.zip). If I can flash it using TWRP 3.2.3-0, will I be able to then flash Cromi-X 5.4 Resurrection?
While in recovery I opened a command prompt on my laptop and entered the adb command but it did not display the recovery log. Please advise. Thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus transformer, cleanrom inheritance, cromi, cromi-x, jb 4.2.1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes