[ROM][7.1.2][UNOFFICIAL][23.09.17][Added Sim Card Fix]XOSP For Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
xosp-logo.gif

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

intro_banner.png

• What is XOSP?
    • XOSP is an after-market firmware based on CodeAuroraSources (CAF) destinated for a wide range of Android phones. The name stands for the Xperia Open Source Project and the project was initially created by @nilac for the Galaxy S+ (his old device) years ago when back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
      S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there it was rebranded to XOSP. Calin worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on his Galaxy S+, he decided to take a break from development until he got his hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then he started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
  • How do we release updates?

• We release new updates for our Official devices each week by providing Delta updates to the users,so maintainers of the other devices can do the same as well if they want to keep up with the changes. We will make full zip releases only once a month except special cases like for example XOSPDelta is not working or something like it.

features_banner.png

• You can find all the included features right:

bugs_banner.png

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:
    • Bugs On trltexx : 1. S Pen, 2. Sim Card
    • Bugs On trltetmo :

installation_banner.png

First time installing XOSP on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, or coming from another ROM?
  • Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked and you're running the latest TWRP from Here
  • Download latest build,XOSPApps and GApps
  • Reboot recovery
  • Wipe data factory reset Or Do a full wipe.
  • Flash XOSP ROM.
  • Flash Sim Fix --> Only N910F/G Users
  • Flash GApps.
  • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
  • Reboot

links_banner.png

downloads_banner.png

sources_banner.png

credits_banner.png

• @nilac and XOSP Team
  • CodeAuroraSources
  • Sony and the Xperia Community
  • @malybru for the XOSP banner
  • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo
  • @_mone for sources.
  • @LahKeda for teaching me AOSP stuffs,without him I can't even try to make rom from source.Many Thanks to Him!
  • @Vidmas for trying on his trltexx.

XDA:DevDB Information
XOSP N, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
Albe96, _mone
Source Code: https://github.com/XOSP-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
ROM Firmware Required: Samsung Stock Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2017-08-06
Last Updated 2017-09-22

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
F.A.Q :​

Q - Why you mustn't quote the hole post ?
A - As you are killing us dude !

Q - Why mustn't I ask for ETA ?
A - Simply , we are students and colleges so we are busy with our studying and other life problems !

Q - Why mustn't you Spam ?
A -As Organization Is the key to achieve the impossible !

Q - I have faced some issues, which is not mentioned in the 'Not Working/Bugs' list........?
A - For bug reports, the least we can expect from you is a logcat taken during the issue. Or atleast, you could tell us how and when did you face the bug, how can we reproduce the bug to fix it. Reports without any of these will be ignored.

Q - Can I use your ROM/any part of ROM and modify it and release it separately?
A - Yes you can. But please mention proper credits.

Q - I flashed this ROM, but I dont find any Google App, where can I find it?
A - gapps will be mentioned later in OP but you can get them from any where and flash it !

Bug reporting
How to report a bug?

First off all, check the 'not working' list and see if the bug you are facing is already mentioned or not. If it is, stop right away because the concerned people working on the ROM are aware of the issue.
If the bug/issue is not mentioned in 'not working' list, check the Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q) and see if issue is resolved already.
If the issue you face is not in FAQ either, you would probably post a reply in this forum, and not PM anyone, about the bug.
Attach a logcat.
If not possible, mention a proper way how you encountered the bug.
Also mention any 3rd party stuff you installed. (Like mods, themes, kernels etc).

Last edited:

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Reactions: Chamaka and vidmas

Calin

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Nov 22, 2012
Oradea
Hmm, unofficial devices are not getting any Deltas, so it's useless to put that documentation in the upgrading process OP

Last edited:
Reactions: Albe96

Samsura

Dec 19, 2010
Looking forward to test when simcard works.
How is camera quality compared to touchwiz based rom?

TwelveDiamond

Jun 29, 2014
Can't wait to try this mod for T-mobile (well more like 910W8), quick question does the trusted voice work? And 3D games? Cause the last few lineage roms I've tried would crash games such as csr2, and the trusted voice for Google assistant wasn't there. Thank you for brining us a new rom :D

Albe96

Mar 10, 2016
Can't wait to try this mod for T-mobile (well more like 910W8), quick question does the trusted voice work? And 3D games? Cause the last few lineage roms I've tried would crash games such as csr2, and the trusted voice for Google assistant wasn't there. Thank you for brining us a new rom :D
Ah.I need tester for N910T.Would You Be The Tester?

PM me In Telegram. My Id Is -->> @Albe96XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xosp-logo.gif

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

intro_banner.png

• What is XOSP?
      • XOSP is an after-market firmware based on CodeAuroraSources (CAF) destinated for a wide range of Android phones. The name stands for the Xperia Open Source Project and the project was initially created by @nilac for the Galaxy S+ (his old device) years ago when back then the ROM was called S+ Reborn. The vision was to create a minimal bloat free ROM which included Sony Xperia specific apps and various tweaks users would expect from a custom ROM.
        S+ Reborn became a success and was eventually ported to different devices so from there it was rebranded to XOSP. Calin worked on the project for 2 years always trying to improve it. Eventually, Because of the fact Lollipop was buggy on his Galaxy S+, he decided to take a break from development until he got his hands on the Zenfone 2 in 2015 and from then he started again the development of XOSP and continued it ever since.
    • How do we release updates?

• We release new updates for our Official devices each week by providing Delta updates to the users,so maintainers of the other devices can do the same as well if they want to keep up with the changes. We will make full zip releases only once a month except special cases like for example XOSPDelta is not working or something like it.

features_banner.png

• You can find all the included features right:

bugs_banner.png

• You can find the list of current issues in the ROM right:
      • Bugs On trltexx : 1. S Pen, 2. Sim Card
      • Bugs On trltetmo :

installation_banner.png

First time installing XOSP on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, or coming from another ROM?
    • Make sure your Bootloader is unlocked and you're running the latest TWRP from Here
    • Download latest build,XOSPApps and GApps
    • Reboot recovery
    • Wipe data factory reset Or Do a full wipe.
    • Flash XOSP ROM.
    • Flash Sim Fix --> Only N910F/G Users
    • Flash GApps.
    • Flash XOSPApps (Optional)
    • Reboot

links_banner.png

downloads_banner.png

sources_banner.png

credits_banner.png

• @nilac and XOSP Team
    • CodeAuroraSources
    • Sony and the Xperia Community
    • @malybru for the XOSP banner
    • Mihir Mistry for the XOSP logo
    • @_mone for sources.
    • @LahKeda for teaching me AOSP stuffs,without him I can't even try to make rom from source.Many Thanks to Him!
    • @Vidmas for trying on his trltexx.

XDA:DevDB Information
    XOSP N, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Albe96, _mone
    Source Code: https://github.com/XOSP-Project

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.1.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Samsung Stock Marshmallow

Version Information

Created 2017-08-06
    Last Updated 2017-09-22
    Guys I'm back here! So basically I had exhaused my server back days,so I had no server to work on new updates.But now I got a server to work on it and I'll try to make it as soon as possible.But don't ask for E.T.A as I am working on several project this time.So this is my message to the strangers maybe. .

Sim Card Fix For N910F/G[ADDED TO OP]

Download-->>https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=313042859668275942

Flash through TWRP.

Hit The Thanks Button If You Appriciated My Works
    XOSP N For N910T is up!

Download Link-->>https://mega.nz/#!VVlUiJ4C!HLYyP1mgE-tdaqZE8KJRCsDMauihvl00z424NFGH27E

Installation Instructions? - See OP!

Enjoy!
    F.A.Q :​

Q - Why you mustn't quote the hole post ?
    A - As you are killing us dude !

Q - Why mustn't I ask for ETA ?
    A - Simply , we are students and colleges so we are busy with our studying and other life problems !

Q - Why mustn't you Spam ?
    A -As Organization Is the key to achieve the impossible !

Q - I have faced some issues, which is not mentioned in the 'Not Working/Bugs' list........?
    A - For bug reports, the least we can expect from you is a logcat taken during the issue. Or atleast, you could tell us how and when did you face the bug, how can we reproduce the bug to fix it. Reports without any of these will be ignored.

Q - Can I use your ROM/any part of ROM and modify it and release it separately?
    A - Yes you can. But please mention proper credits.

Q - I flashed this ROM, but I dont find any Google App, where can I find it?
    A - gapps will be mentioned later in OP but you can get them from any where and flash it !

Bug reporting
    How to report a bug?

First off all, check the 'not working' list and see if the bug you are facing is already mentioned or not. If it is, stop right away because the concerned people working on the ROM are aware of the issue.
    If the bug/issue is not mentioned in 'not working' list, check the Frequently Asked Question (F.A.Q) and see if issue is resolved already.
    If the issue you face is not in FAQ either, you would probably post a reply in this forum, and not PM anyone, about the bug.
    Attach a logcat.
    If not possible, mention a proper way how you encountered the bug.
    Also mention any 3rd party stuff you installed. (Like mods, themes, kernels etc).