FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.2+] Internationumber - Easily change your phone book to international format

81 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

Post Reply Email Thread

Hello world!

Have you ever taken your phone abroad? Do you find it hard to remember country codes? Are you a frequent traveler? If you answered yes (or no) on any of the questions above, here's the solution for you.

Internationumber is an app that lets you convert your numbers that are stored without a country code into a universal number that just works from anywhere in the world. No more problems knowing what number to put in the beginning, nor how many digits you have to add or keep - Internationumber keeps track of everything, and lets you live your life in awesomeness.

It's pretty much as easy as A, B and C:
  • You pick a country to convert contacts to
  • You select contacts from the list of "unfixed" contacts
  • You're done!

If you for some reason end up converting a contact to the wrong country, then all you need to do is restore the backup from inside the app. It can't get any easier than that!

Privacy information:
Your contacts will never be used in any malicious fashion, and Internationumber will never transfer your contacts off your device. All backups are stored locally on your device, so don't uninstall the app if you intend on restoring a backup!

Information regarding the permissions:
Read & Write Contacts - needed for the actual changing
Billing - used for in-app billing purposes (donation)

Availibility
Available on Google Play for devices running Android 2.2+ and later. It's cheap too, priced at 0$ (or equivalent amount in your local currency).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ninetwozero For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ninetwozero Ad-Free
18th December 2012, 05:10 PM |#2  
Flag Sibenik
Thanks Meter: 155

More
I just downladed and used it.

it is really great.

if you can add some rules it would be greater.

i have got some contacts which have been recorded with special characters.

for example

Code:
John Doe : 

Mobile #31#0532-123-45-67
this gives me ability to hide my phone number from this contact.

or

Code:
Jane Doe: 

Mobile *135*0532-123-45-67#
this will send the contact a message to call me back. (while/if i am out of calling credits)

what your program does?

+90#31#0532 123-45-67

what i want?

#31#+90 bla bla .

is it possible to make a change like this?
or at least can you make it "no change" for this kind of numbers?

Thanks, again.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also you may want to change the topic title. and add some Explanation to the title.

LIKE:
Code:
[APP][2.2+]Internationumber -- Easily change your contacts number to International Format.
18th December 2012, 07:19 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Umeå, Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekril

I just downladed and used it.

it is really great.

if you can add some rules it would be greater.

i have got some contacts which have been recorded with special characters.

for example

Code:
John Doe : 

Mobile #31#0532-123-45-67
this gives me ability to hide my phone number from this contact.

or

Code:
Jane Doe: 

Mobile *135*0532-123-45-67#
this will send the contact a message to call me back. (while/if i am out of calling credits)

what your program does?

+90#31#0532 123-45-67

what i want?

#31#+90 bla bla .

is it possible to make a change like this?
or at least can you make it "no change" for this kind of numbers?

Thanks, again.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Also you may want to change the topic title. and add some Explanation to the title.

LIKE:
Code:
[APP][2.2+]Internationumber -- Easily change your contacts number to International Format.

Hey, thanks for the feedback - I actually forgot about the prefixes which is why I'm not handling them correctly. I will however add that to the list of stuff to address, and make it follow your examples instead upon detecting *foo* or #foo#.

Other than that, did you encounter any strange behavior, or was the experience as expected?

Ps. I also updated the title!
18th December 2012, 09:45 PM |#4  
Flag Sibenik

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetwozero

Hey, thanks for the feedback - I actually forgot about the prefixes which is why I'm not handling them correctly. I will however add that to the list of stuff to address, and make it follow your examples instead upon detecting *foo* or #foo#.

Other than that, did you encounter any strange behavior, or was the experience as expected?

Ps. I also updated the title!

oh i forgot,

there was a really annoying problem.

at the country selection screen i tried to touch the radio button because it looked like a radio button. but i found out that i had to touch the Countries name.
18th December 2012, 11:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Very useful app, thanks
19th December 2012, 09:05 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Umeå, Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Info 2
The app has now been updated to version 1.0.1 that includes a fix for the issue brought forward by @Ekril (command numbers not being converted as expected), as well as a few other variations that the app didn't handle correctly. All in all, a minor update that makes the conversion even more reliable!

Quote:

oh i forgot,

there was a really annoying problem.

at the country selection screen i tried to touch the radio button because it looked like a radio button. but i found out that i had to touch the Countries name.

I'm not completely sure what you mean, could you capture the issue in an image/video?
20th December 2012, 02:14 AM |#7  
Flag Sibenik

More
Quote:

The app has now been updated to version 1.0.1 that includes a fix for the issue brought forward by @Ekril (command numbers not being converted as expected), as well as a few other variations that the app didn't handle correctly. All in all, a minor update that makes the conversion even more reliable!

I'm not completely sure what you mean, could you capture the issue in an image/video?

here you go

I mean i can't touch those radio buttons at the right side of the screen. as you can see.
20th December 2012, 04:12 PM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Umeå, Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

here you go

I mean i can't touch those radio buttons at the right side of the screen. as you can see.

Ah, thanks for the video. Would you prefer to manually "proceed" (by pressing next) instead of it doing so automagically when you press a row? If so, it could be a setting in the next release.
20th December 2012, 05:16 PM |#9  
Flag Sibenik

More
Quote:

Ah, thanks for the video. Would you prefer to manually "proceed" (by pressing next) instead of it doing so automagically when you press a row? If so, it could be a setting in the next release.

Just remove those radio buttons (circle things at the right side of the country names). it will be enough.
20th December 2012, 07:33 PM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Umeå, Sweden

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just remove those radio buttons (circle things at the right side of the country names). it will be enough.

Then the big question would be how to visually indicate that a certain row has been selected, as you can actually step back from the previous screens!
20th December 2012, 08:26 PM |#11  
Flag Sibenik

More
Quote:

Then the big question would be how to visually indicate that a certain row has been selected, as you can actually step back from the previous screens!

a colour change at the selected row. cause those radio buttons makes people at least me and one of my friend to thing we have tu push on them so it will be selected.

also it will be great at the next screen if Selected countries name resides at the very top of the screen. so we won't have to worry about people choosing wrong country and end up with a fully screwed up address book.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
international, internationumber, number, phone book

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)