all the bloat removed
kindle works
removed ugly wallpaper
it has a bootanimation
it has busybox and superuser
new launcher 2 which is snappier
added dsp manager
added inverted apollo
also have an app pack for most files you want to reinstall (like flash player)

-instructions
make sure your on the oct update i have it on my server along with a copy of the original recovery
1. make sure the rom is on a external sd card.
2. flash it with vampirefo's recovery (i made a recovery script pack with bat files for an easy install and adb drivers)
3. in recovery format everything except your sdcard. (this is under mounts and storage)
4. install rom
5. enjoy!
6. -optional- you need to reinstall recovery after you install this rom

files are here
http://omniimpact.com/android/roms/m...ith 512 memory

-tips-
do not oc over 1.1 ghz it will mess your d2pad up (fried one @1.2ghz and returned it lol)
try no-frills cpu and set it to min clock 204mhz max clock 1.008ghz interactive gov with noop scheduler for longer battery life
don't update Netflix
use screen filter in play store to make the screen darker so you can save more power

The Following User Says Thank You to myfishbear For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift myfishbear Ad-Free
20th December 2012, 02:53 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Northren NJ
Thanks Meter: 247

More
-How to use recovery script-

20th December 2012, 03:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 112

More
Thanks, will give it a try.
22nd December 2012, 06:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My device only shows 1GB of free space. Is this normal?
11th January 2013, 03:05 PM |#5  
Flag Saint John
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Why not update netflix? like ever?

Edit 1: Also am i missing something? On win 7 64 it doesn't install 1 driver automatically so i can't run the recovery scripts. Where do i get the proper drivers for this device?

Edit 2: Used adb drivers from another zip I had found and ran through everything. Seemed to work fine. Flashed 2.1 for 711 201212 then flashed the 160 line zip and selected reboot system. It said looks like root is missing, install? and i selected yes then got into a boot loop. Any ideas?

Edit 3: Yup i'm one of those annoying people. Got back into recovery and wipe/factory reset and then re-flashed just 2.1 and NOT the 160 line and now i'm seeing the custom boot and in now. My apologies. Trying out play!

Edit 4: Just fyi lost the higher resolution after first boot. Tried the 160 fix again and it had the bootloop. Went back and had to install your rom again and magically I was back to a better resolution. Reboot again and back to the horrible one. Any ideas how to make the resolution stick? I tried a build prop editor and saved the 160 line but that didn't seem to take.
18th January 2013, 08:41 PM |#6  
Flag Baja
Thanks Meter: 277

More
I finally made it work!

I think I was using an incorrect recovery.img while I was messing with the procedure...

The think is that all went very well except that when I rebooted the D2, the screen DPI reverted to default so everything is huge again like Primus76 said on his post above.

Is there anything else we need to do to make it stick? *** found a solution by installing LCD Density Modder from the Store ***

Other than that it feels pretty snappy and stable. I'll put it through it's paces and see.

Cheers and thanks OP!
18th January 2013, 09:48 PM |#7  
Flag Baja

More
Question
Sorry for double posting...

Can somebody explain where did the rest of the memory went? (see photo)

Internal I can understand, but SD Card is supposed to be 4 GB and it only has just a bit over 1 GB free!!!

Quite honestly I didn't checked that before I flashed this ROM, but I'm sure something's not right...

Thanks!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130118_132605.jpg
Views:	2569
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	1656466  
20th January 2013, 01:20 PM |#8  
Flag Saint John

More
Re: [ROM][Recovery] Diablotek D2pad From Biglots model 7_11 with 512 ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayan

Sorry for double posting...

Can somebody explain where did the rest of the memory went? (see photo)

Internal I can understand, but SD Card is supposed to be 4 GB and it only has just a bit over 1 GB free!!!

Quite honestly I didn't checked that before I flashed this ROM, but I'm sure something's not right...

Thanks!!!

I'll have to check my daughters to see. I don't have it in front of me but see if you can get an app called diskusage on the play store. All one word. It should show you where everything is being used. I'll try it out later and see.

For LCD density it looks like 160 is default so I manually pushed it to 130 by editing the system file. Much better at that size but did you notice the launcher layout and app drawer are only allowing a few columns of icons? Would love to hack the launcher more. I put on nova which is great but also have kids place on there for my daughter and the 3 launchers conflict so I took it off.

How did you get the drivers to install and what is are you using? Did you have to get another zip?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
21st January 2013, 09:47 PM |#9  
Flag Baja

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus76

I'll have to check my daughters to see. I don't have it in front of me but see if you can get an app called diskusage on the play store. All one word. It should show you where everything is being used. I'll try it out later and see.

For LCD density it looks like 160 is default so I manually pushed it to 130 by editing the system file. Much better at that size but did you notice the launcher layout and app drawer are only allowing a few columns of icons? Would love to hack the launcher more. I put on nova which is great but also have kids place on there for my daughter and the 3 launchers conflict so I took it off.

How did you get the drivers to install and what is are you using? Did you have to get another zip?

Thanks for your DiskUsage app recommendation (I've been using it for the longest time) however this is not a case of lost storage due to data taking up space somewhere, but a problem with the storage size of the medium to begin with. In other words, total storage should be at least close to 4 GB not just 1 GB which makes me think that the storage partition (Internal "SD Card") is damaged or something. Where are the other three or so GB???

Yes I noticed about the layout not stretching, more noticeable on the app drawer.

The drivers installed without problems on my Windows 7 PRO PC. Are you running the files as administrator? (right click and "run as administrator")?

Cheers!
21st January 2013, 10:19 PM |#10  
Flag Saint John

More
Re: [ROM][Recovery] Diablotek D2pad From Biglots model 7_11 with 512 ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayan

Thanks for your DiskUsage app recommendation (I've been using it for the longest time) however this is not a case of lost storage due to data taking up space somewhere, but a problem with the storage size of the medium to begin with. In other words, total storage should be at least close to 4 GB not just 1 GB which makes me think that the storage partition (Internal "SD Card") is damaged or something. Where are the other three or so GB???

Yes I noticed about the layout not stretching, more noticeable on the app drawer.

The drivers installed without problems on my Windows 7 PRO PC. Are you running the files as administrator? (right click and "run as administrator")?

Cheers!

I think it is 4gb total. Looks like the system is using 2.8 GB leaving us 1.2 for storage.

Hmm didn't run as admin but what exe it file did you use? Either way I managed to get them going using the other file and selected the troubleshoot option on the device to search for the new driver files.

On a new problem the orientation is messed up leading to the layout I think. When playing temple run it plays in portrait but to tilt the device to make him move you need to hold it in landscape so its broken. Camera doesn't work either. Need original poster to help if possible.

21st January 2013, 10:25 PM |#11  
Flag Baja

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus76

I think it is 4gb total. Looks like the system is using 2.8 GB leaving us 1.2 for storage.

Hmm didn't run as admin but what exe it file did you use? Either way I managed to get them going using the other file and selected the troubleshoot option on the device to search for the new driver files.

On a new problem the orientation is messed up leading to the layout I think. When playing temple run it plays in portrait but to tilt the device to make him move you need to hold it in landscape so its broken. Camera doesn't work either. Need original poster to help if possible.

Hmmm, that's possible... Anyone can confirm if their D2 Tablets show the same amount of storage as mine?

On the orientation problem you mentioned, I noticed that too while my daughter was playing Temple Run. Then while tinkering with the settings I stumbled onto a setting that I don't remember, but it has something to do with the type of orientation sensing you want to use, I changed it to the other available setting and that worked!

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't have the D2 with me.

Will look it up when I get home.

Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)