FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

1-Click Gremlin Remover (UPDATED OP 20SEP12)

2,101 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,873

By thomas.raines, Recognized Developer on 16th February 2012, 02:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2012, 09:53 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hutto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurlyK

Just to verify.. If I'm using Titanium Backup and would like to restore my apps, should I just choose the restore option with apps only or apps + data to ensure there aren't any previous issues with apps affecting the new install?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Exactly, apps only. However, for a few of my games, I do restore data (worked so hard to get where I am with angry birds) and have not had any issue. But I never restore the data for system apps (and only restore 3 system apps at that).
16th February 2012, 10:02 PM |#12  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hutto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik2sh

Hi Thomas

What exactly is reset on the pulling battery procedure?

Sent from me

Your RAM. It's like pulling the battery, to include the CMOS battery, out of your computer. Once the board looses power, everything stored in RAM or temp cache is erased.
This procedure basically does that. By holding the power button down, you are discharging the capacitors which can still provide small amounts of power to the BUS, RAM, etc even with the battery out (a capacitor stores electricty). Basically you are resetting the hardware.
This same porcedure is recommended with laptops from time to time to calibrate the battery. Unfortunately, manufactures normally don't tell you about this procedure untill you start having a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to thomas.raines For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2012, 10:06 PM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hutto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hechoen

428 MB? This thing is a monster! Did you include ODIN in here? Just curious.

Yes, I know it is huge, but it includes a complete package that formats every partition, except your SDcard.
But it is deffinitely a gremlin remover! Where ever those pesky bastards are hiding, this package gets em all...lol

And yes, this is my lazy noob (the ones who flash away and don't follow the rules or the OP instructions to anything) proofing contribution
16th February 2012, 10:11 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

Your RAM. It's like pulling the battery, to include the CMOS battery, out of your computer. Once the board looses power, everything stored in RAM or temp cache is erased.
This procedure basically does that. By holding the power button down, you are discharging the capacitors which can still provide small amounts of power to the BUS, RAM, etc even with the battery out (a capacitor stores electricty). Basically you are resetting the hardware.
This same porcedure is recommended with laptops from time to time to calibrate the battery. Unfortunately, manufactures normally don't tell you about this procedure untill you start having a problem.

Wow really this works on laptops too? I am gonna have to try this tonight as right now I'm on my laptop, my laptop is first gen i7 gaming laptop a beast for its generation, I barely get 1 hour and 30 mins of battery and will be needing as much as I can for my new semester next week thanks!

Also about my phone its 10 minutes away from 2 hours and only 6% gone so far, yet to try your package I think removing the battery method worked?
16th February 2012, 10:33 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hutto

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddd123

Wow really this works on laptops too? I am gonna have to try this tonight as right now I'm on my laptop, my laptop is first gen i7 gaming laptop a beast for its generation, I barely get 1 hour and 30 mins of battery and will be needing as much as I can for my new semester next week thanks!

Also about my phone its 10 minutes away from 2 hours and only 6% gone so far, yet to try your package I think removing the battery method worked?

I think we finally found the problem to your battery drainage! YAY!
16th February 2012, 10:38 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas.raines

I think we finally found the problem to your battery drainage! YAY!

I hope so too! I will take a screenshot of it when it runs for a decent amount of time and post it later and let you see if you can tell me if that's normal or not be great! After that I'll install the tweak.
17th February 2012, 03:49 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this is kinda of a noob questions, and sorry if its in the wrong thread, which app do you guys use to test your battery life?
17th February 2012, 04:17 AM |#18  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyl926

I know this is kinda of a noob questions, and sorry if its in the wrong thread, which app do you guys use to test your battery life?

We don't use any we just goto settings about phone and look at battery chart.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
17th February 2012, 05:47 AM |#19  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 770

More
Used this today just because Im paranoid and something didnt feel right with my current setup. Seems to have worked just fine.

Thanks mate this is a much needed application.
17th February 2012, 05:49 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 3,761

Donate to Me
More
Hmm. Where'd you get Odin3Excution from? The filesize is huge! Enough for 3 roms man, what'd you throw in there?
17th February 2012, 12:48 PM |#21  
Flag Ventura, CA
Thanks Meter: 37

More
How would you recommend formatting the SD card? Can we do this while its mounted on the computer, or do you recommend using CWM?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)