[ROM] [Aug 9] [Dutty's WM6.5 Leo R1 Test] [CE OS 5.2.23008] ]CHANGELOG 1-5][RELEASE]

Search This thread

edwinlinkt

Mar 28, 2007
BSB
Wallpaper + 11 Color Tabs icons

Great ROM !!! Where do you get the blue theme plus icons? Mind sharing it please :D

Here you go :D i just search the wallpaper and icons using Google. then compiled it using HDWall.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen02.jpg
    Screen02.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 114
  • MyWallpaper.cab
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Hi Dutty, your new ROM is awesome and I didn't think v3.9XT could be bettered. You are truly the Master.

To the point, I tried rearranging the folders in the start menu and did a soft-reset. Now when I click on a folder (say "settings") the icons of that folder are printed on those of the initial start menu. they still work but only if you remember their positions.

Just thought I'd mention it. I couldn't workout a way to fix it so I just re-flashed again and stayed away.

Thanks again for the gr8 work. Has anyone else noticed this?

you can arrange somehow with 23009 by clicking the folder and move to top or bottom,

The 219xxx builds allow you to click hold and drag andy folder and icons to arrange ur start menu as u want.

In next release I will release both builds

adamoses

Mar 7, 2008
you can arrange somehow with 23009 by clicking the folder and move to top or bottom,

The 219xxx builds allow you to click hold and drag andy folder and icons to arrange ur start menu as u want.

In next release I will release both builds
Hi Dutty, thanks for the quick response.

I used the "Move to Top" to rearrange all of them and thats when it went crazy. It didn't bother me too much and I have spent a few hours setting my HD up and it's...just...about...perfect :). so I don't really want to try it again.

But I thought I'd mention it to let you know. Oh well, off to do some more tweaking. Thanks again.

lefty6688

Dec 8, 2007
A few games cann't run with dutty 6.5 R6-8, such as Chopper Alley.
I flash miri 6.5 v25, it is ok.
All run ok with dutty 3.9

Many cab cann't Autoinstall, i try 5 times, only autoinstall 6-7 cabs, why?

thx 4 ur hard work!

niels_90

Feb 12, 2009
Hi Dutty, thanks for the quick response.

I used the "Move to Top" to rearrange all of them and thats when it went crazy. It didn't bother me too much and I have spent a few hours setting my HD up and it's...just...about...perfect :). so I don't really want to try it again.

But I thought I'd mention it to let you know. Oh well, off to do some more tweaking. Thanks again.

I also have this problem. Just moved some icons to some other maps and after a soft reset the start menu went crazy:D

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 901

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Great rom. Works like a charm :) I have just one problem with autoinstall function. I don't know why, but some of the cabs do not install. What can be the reason?

I presume you did set your cabs all to read only as the instructions asked? Apparently, Autoinstall only works with cabs that require no manual intervention from the user ie where you may be asked to click to accept a setting etc.

It also only installs to your device memory.

You should look into Sashimi, it gives so much more flexibility and although it does take a little more effort to set up, I have even managed to get FingerKeyboard to auto install to my Storage card and to load all the necessary reg entries to select language (English only) and colours etc without having to do this exercise manually (which was a bit of a PITA) and it now also auto enrolls my Gmail account. It makes flashing a breeze, so I don't mind how often Dutty releases new ROMs. :D

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Great ROM as always.

Noob question - Where can I find some good themes that work with this ROM and with this version of Manila?

I use this Theme. I works well on R8 (just use the Manila 2.0 cab, Yes 2.0 even though R8 runs on 2.1)

There are also many little extras, such as skins for Comms Manager, FM Radio, WMP, Dialer etc which makes it a complete theme.

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Hi Dutty, Thanks for another great rom Win_6.5 R8

Pagepool for R8_Turbo is set to 16 mg and for R8_Turbo_MSVC is set to 12 mg,

will this affect overall speed, can I change the pagepool with PagePool Changer v2.21

on your rom or will this cause problems.

Also your "no curtains cab" from win6.1 doesn't work on R8 can you please post a cab

that works on Win6.5, nobody seems to have a cab for this.

THANK YOU DUTTY for making our Blackstone our favorite toy.

See here for cabs for no top and bottom curtains which I posted earlier. They both work with R8.

awxu

May 2, 2009
Not sure if it is a big big of SMS

Dutty, on R8 after I spent quiet a few minutes to restore my text messages using PIMBackup, I found cemail.vol on \device root directory was still very small as it had no contents in it. When I open Text application, I could not see my old messages which should have been restored.

Similar issue also took place on R7 but I thought it had something to do with HTC messaging application. On R8, on the legacy messaging SMS application why could I not restore my old message at all? Could you look into this issue please? Many thanks in advance!

ClownShoes

Mar 23, 2008
London
www.indigorebel.com
Hi Dutty, Thanks for another great rom Win_6.5 R8

Pagepool for R8_Turbo is set to 16 mg and for R8_Turbo_MSVC is set to 12 mg,

will this affect overall speed, can I change the pagepool with PagePool Changer v2.21

on your rom or will this cause problems.

Increasing the pagepool in small increments is safe using pagepool changer. The result is a slightly faster and more responsive rom at the expensive of a little more ram used by default. Personally I always set my roms to 16mb.

hknklbk

Jan 13, 2009
Gaziantep
Hey Dutty,

Thanks for the effort...

Would you please share us the Sun Java (SunJavaWirelessClient-v20090624.3.1) cab file which you have used at your WM6.5-R6?

Please can not find in net!!!

Last edited:

type-x

Jun 15, 2009
Hi there great rom, loving it so far. Anyway just one question how do you change the font size in manila they seem to be a bit bigger in 6.5 then 6.1.

Thanks

Dizzle

Apr 13, 2006
There is something strange with menu start background, its impossible to match it with home-tab background in touch flo. On R6 everything is ok.

You have to soft reset after choosing a new background. This behaviour is different and quite akward. Not sure whether it's an MS problem or build problem but i'm sure it'll be resolved at some point.

@Duttty,

R8 is working pretty good, I'm getting used to WM6.5 now, keep up the good work.

Thanks