FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][4.4.4][KTU84P][Stable] SlimKat - T0lte-[Build 8][+Weeklies]

10,629 posts
Thanks Meter: 14,541
 
By prbassplayer, Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator on 16th November 2013, 07:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th August 2014, 06:48 PM |#521  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandicela

Very often now, I face issues with media. Music player or video player are unable to detect media inside the SD card. Especially overnight, the next morning after the phone has been inactive. A reboot must be done, then the media files are available.

I had that issue a couple of months ago. It got so bad that android couldn't see the card but recovery could for some reason. There seemed to be 2 things at play.
First was that at some point corruption had crept into the card in the hidden files and folders that android created.
My fix was to Mount the card in my laptop and copy everything off which took some time because it's a 64gig card. I then formatted it in my laptop and reinserted it into the phone so it could be "prepared" then I put it back into my laptop and copied all the stuff back on then deleted the media database on android and them rescanned media to rebuild it.

No problems since.
Not saying this will fix your issue but it did mine
The Following User Says Thank You to fatboyinlycra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatboyinlycra Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 03:43 AM |#522  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandicela

Very often now, I face issues with media. Music player or video player are unable to detect media inside the SD card.

Try going to Settings -> Apps -> All and clearing all data of "Media Scanner" (or some name like that). It fixed crashes for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrewia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andrewia Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 07:37 AM |#523  
Gandicela's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 705
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyinlycra

I had that issue a couple of months ago. It got so bad that android couldn't see the card but recovery could for some reason. There seemed to be 2 things at play.
First was that at some point corruption had crept into the card in the hidden files and folders that android created.
My fix was to Mount the card in my laptop and copy everything off which took some time because it's a 64gig card. I then formatted it in my laptop and reinserted it into the phone so it could be "prepared" then I put it back into my laptop and copied all the stuff back on then deleted the media database on android and them rescanned media to rebuild it.

No problems since.
Not saying this will fix your issue but it did mine

Luckily I recently just backed up my files; I reformatted the SD card anyway. My issue isn't ROM related then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewia

Try going to Settings -> Apps -> All and clearing all data of "Media Scanner" (or some name like that). It fixed crashes for me.

I've done this already in a cycle, Mate. It's kind of temporary fix only.
31st August 2014, 09:48 AM |#524  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandicela

Luckily I recently just backed up my files; I reformatted the SD card anyway. My issue isn't ROM related then.



I've done this already in a cycle, Mate. It's kind of temporary fix only.

Well it wasn't for me but I think my trigger for the issue was flashing a ROM. Or maybe my experimenting with the agni kernel caused it because I experienced all sorts of media library issues with that kernel - missing photos from the gallery that es file explorer could see though.
I also think these cards (mine is a sandisk ultra sdxc 64GB) start to deteriorate over time. I've had mine 18 months but a full reformat of it fixed it.
As I use my sd card to store my photos and some I take have sentimental value I have set up dropbox to auto sync just in case my card finally goes completely kaput
I just want to find a nice little app that will autobackup my files to my NAS too. I have a workaround for now... My camera upload folder on dropbox is duplicated to my laptop but I want a third safe copy
The Following User Says Thank You to fatboyinlycra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fatboyinlycra Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 09:55 AM |#525  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Anyone have issue with latest nightly where apps esp. Whatsapp keep going "whatsapp is not responding" ? Should I change from ART to Dalvik? When I flashed, ART was default
31st August 2014, 10:15 AM |#526  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostyeo

Anyone have issue with latest nightly where apps esp. Whatsapp keep going "whatsapp is not responding" ? Should I change from ART to Dalvik? When I flashed, ART was default

You sure you are in the right thread? SlimKAT doesn't have nightly build only weekly.

ART was default? Did you have art before you flashed? mine defaults to dalvik

Whatsapp doesn't like custom ROMs I used to use it but I remember getting an error message warning me that it may not work because I was on a custom ROM
31st August 2014, 10:23 AM |#527  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyinlycra

You sure you are in the right thread? SlimKAT doesn't have nightly build only weekly.

ART was default? Did you have art before you flashed? mine defaults to dalvik

Whatsapp doesn't like custom ROMs I used to use it but I remember getting an error message warning me that it may not work because I was on a custom ROM

Ah yes my mistake I meant weekly. Hmm so should I change it to dalvik? It keeps force closing every 5 seconds :/ I'm going mad
31st August 2014, 11:38 AM |#528  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostyeo

Ah yes my mistake I meant weekly. Hmm so should I change it to dalvik? It keeps force closing every 5 seconds :/ I'm going mad

Why not try dalvik and see of it makes a difference.

Xposed framework also isn't art compatible so of you're using any of those it may be causing problems.

There no need to reflash the room to switch.

If that doesn't fix it you could also try clearing the cache for whatsapp, in fact I'd try that first
31st August 2014, 01:56 PM |#529  
prbassplayer's Avatar
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Mayagüez
Thanks Meter: 14,541
 
Donate to Me
More
What's up broke art compatibility, nothing we can do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prbassplayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift prbassplayer Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 02:37 PM |#530  
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbassplayer

What's up broke art compatibility, nothing we can do.

That's something they will need to sort before android L comes along then
Not that I use it given the data is plundered by Facebook now
31st August 2014, 03:46 PM |#531  
Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
I use latest weekly, art and WhatsApp+.
Works fine ☺
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes