[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V2 | TouchWiz KitKat | 01.19.14

Search This thread

gdmlaz

Jul 16, 2010
Miami
He was referring to the knox implementation in the new bootloader. If installed, there is no going back. Knox will forever be tripped and for many of us, that is unacceptable. I'm on the jump program, and I'll like to trade in my phone someday to upgrade to a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 edition.

Exactly what I been referring to just because it doesn't affect me, I still think about other members that will screw get screwed over with this.....

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
He was referring to the knox implementation in the new bootloader. If installed, there is no going back. Knox will forever be tripped and for many of us, that is unacceptable. I'm on the jump program, and I'll like to trade in my phone someday to upgrade to a new one.

Exactly what I been referring to just because it doesn't affect me, I still think about other members that will screw get screwed over with this.....

I know what he was talking about. Only difference between now and before is when you screw up your phone you cant go crying to Samsung.

I dont know why people are making such a big deal about it really. If you want to do crap Tmo's insurance covers "lost", pay for it. If you dont want to pay and want your warranty dont do crap. Cant go buy a Ford F250 take the motor out throw a cummins in it, shatter the read diff and go "Ford I want to make a warranty claim. This cummins diesel I put it in it shattered your rear differential. Please replace my truck"

End of the day, whats the issue? Everyones mad they cant lie.

Last edited:

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
I know what he was talking about. Only difference between now and before is when you screw up your phone you cant go crying to Samsung.

I dont know why people are making such a big deal about it really. If you want to do crap Tmo's insurance covers "lost", pay for it. If you dont want to pay and want your warranty dont do crap. Cant go buy a Ford F250 take the motor out throw a cummins in it, shatter the read diff and go "Ford I want to make a warranty claim. This cummins diesel I put it in it shattered your rear differential. Please replace my truck"

You are comparing apples and oranges. We have always been able to revert to full stock, to appease the carrier and the insurance. Truth is, as long as you don't overclock constantly, there is ZERO physical damage done to my phone by flashing and rooting. It's ridiculous paranoia from the carrier, insurance or Samsung to think otherwise. Knox is there not for our protection, to discourage many of us from swaying from TW. Samsung wants what Apple has, to fully surround the customer, software and hardware. But, this is android, and Android is freedom. I'm paying extra to be on T-mobile 's jump program. If I do no physical damage what so ever, what should it matter if I decide to root and flash? I should be able to do an insurance claim and trade in my phone, regardless if I rooted or flashed. They sure have no problem taking my money every month.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

Reactions: tenxo

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
So knox is just one big conspiracy? Ahaha You should read up on what Knox actually is.

Okay okay you guys win. I agree I should be able to void my warranty, tell a lie and revert it and say I didnt and reak benefits too.

LoopDoGG79

Feb 26, 2012
Modesto, Cali
So knox is just one big conspiracy? Ahaha You should read up on what Knox actually is.

Okay okay you guys win. I agree I should be able to void my warranty, tell a lie and revert it and say I didnt and reak benefits too.

I read the official explanation. IMHO, there should be two versions, one with KNOX and one without. Why force the entire user base to use it? Hell, I'll even pay extra not to have it. I've yet to hear a coherent argument why rooting or flashing should be considered a void to my warranty. Samsung and the carrier says it voids warranty but never really explain why.

ShinySide

Nov 30, 2013
IHB
I read the official explanation. IMHO, there should be two versions, one with KNOX and one without. Why force the entire user base to use it? Hell, I'll even pay extra not to have it. I've yet to hear a coherent argument why rooting or flashing should be considered a void to my warranty. Samsung and the carrier says it voids warranty but never really explain why.

There's is. It's called the i9505G.

Easy. Gives you the ability to alter what they warranty. It's not rocket science. If you want to find out, I can gladly give you a zip to flash that'll write a bunch of zeros at the end of all your partitions and render your phone useless.

If you were Samsung or a carrier would you like to lose money because some idiot flashed something that screwed up his phone? I bet you wouldn't.

Price to pay if you want to customize stuff.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

erid2thed

Aug 4, 2013
4S Ranch
My kernel has working WiFi with this rom, will build a "xda friendly" version of it 2nite/2mrw for you all

---------------------------------------------------
(for those with access to my private kernels, the 4.4 kitkat with TW in the file name I uploaded the other day works with this rom)
SGS4-KK-442-tw-tmo-01122014_1252.zip (5 views, 3 downloads)

Last edited:
dannyben and theSickNess

I want to thank you for the time devoted into making this cwm/twrp flashable, rom and sharing it as quickly as you did with the community. It works well on my Att I337 S4 (along with the loki doki fix). Everything is functioning, except for the known issues (wifi, security settings). Battery life is good as well. Awaiting future releases. :thumbup:

Sent from my AT&T SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

dannyben

May 9, 2011
My kernel has working WiFi with this rom, will build a "xda friendly" version of it 2nite/2mrw for you all

(for those with access to my private kernels, the 4.4 kitkat with TW in the file name I uploaded the other day works with this rom)

Great news! Would love to get a version of it & cook it directly into the rom [if you don't mind). Then I can probably get init.d & data/app working perfectly too.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

roblxskye

Jul 20, 2012
Can anyone verify if ART works on Touchwiz 4.4.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

sonwon

Apr 4, 2008
Nobody is kissing anybody's ass. But dont blame a company or a person for something you do under your own free will. Samsung didnt come to your house and flash your phone. You the user did. Reason it is the way it is, is because of asshats that brick their phones then want to cry to samsung for something they did. Kinda like asshats that blame samsung for them flashing their devices and voiding their warranty

Just an FYI, it is possible to build a phone so it is unbrickable.

style154

Jun 23, 2012
San Tan Valley
Wifi hot spot will not torn on :/ says error never seen that

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1389731188574.jpg
    1389731188574.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 394

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In a joint venture with @The Sickness, we gladly present.....

[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V2 | TouchWiz KitKat | 01.19.14

FEATURES:​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• -v2
    • Based on Android TouchWiz 4.4.2 KitKat Unofficial
      Firmware I9505XXUFNA5
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Modified Android 4.4.2 Kernel SELinux set to Permissive
    • Busybox & init.d support
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

-v1
    • Based on Android TouchWiz 4.4.2 KitKat Unofficial
      Firmware I9505XXUFNA1
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Android 4.4.2 Kernel
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

Known Issues:​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No Wifi (need a custom kernel)
    • Security FC's Settings
    • No Wifi Calling (International Build)

Preview

Download File:

► dbKAT v2 ◄
    ► dbKAT v1 ◄

LEAVE FEEDBACK! AND HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM

:D DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!! :D

[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V1| Coming Today!

FEATURES:
    • Based on Android 4.4.2 Unofficial Firmware I9505XXUFNA1
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Android 4.4.2 Kernel
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

Known Issues:
    • No Wifi (need a custom kernel)
    • Security FC's Settings

Preview

LEAVE FEEDBACK! AND HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE THIS MOD

:D DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!! :D

Cant say THANKS, used up my 8 for the day. Nice job bro.....

Thread cleaned of off topic banter.

Couple points to make over what was just deleted from this thread.

1 - Do not forget that you all are members here, and with membership, you do not have the right to discuss things direspectfully, nor is this a free speech site. Which leads to #2

2 - Discussion of banned members, and their work, to include screenshots of sai members and or work, is not allowed. Don't like that? Too bad, those are the rules.

3 - Posting of other peoples roms and or works in threads is not cool, not is it classy or resepectful.

4 - Continuing a conversation after XDA staff ahs warned users to stop is also not cool, I have cleaned up this thread, but will be visiting it routinely now, glad to meet you all.​

Troll at your own peril from here on out, and to some, check your PM's - you have messages waiting from me...there will be no more warnings in here...
    Wifi hot spot will not torn on :/ says error never seen that

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cause the WiFi drivers are not loading, the same reason WiFi dont work
    USB tethering does work...

and Thanks for posting this - it made me test WiFi hotspot w/ my kernel - and it failed.. gonna find out why

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

So its currently in the same state as the original i9505 kernel?.....

missed this one
    its a i9505g kernel with a custom defconfig file
    95% of the changes were in defconfig
    4% in ramdisk
    (when compared to the i9505g "magical unicorn" kernel i released)

then 1% - a few small changes to the rom itself (few XML and config files)
    all flashable - so no decompiling jar files or anything