Search This thread

erid2thed

Aug 4, 2013
4S Ranch
Wifi hot spot will not torn on :/ says error never seen that

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cause the WiFi drivers are not loading, the same reason WiFi dont work
USB tethering does work...

and Thanks for posting this - it made me test WiFi hotspot w/ my kernel - and it failed.. gonna find out why

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

So its currently in the same state as the original i9505 kernel?.....

missed this one
its a i9505g kernel with a custom defconfig file
95% of the changes were in defconfig
4% in ramdisk
(when compared to the i9505g "magical unicorn" kernel i released)

then 1% - a few small changes to the rom itself (few XML and config files)
all flashable - so no decompiling jar files or anything

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
dannyben and theSickNess

I want to thank you for the time devoted into making this cwm/twrp flashable, rom and sharing it as quickly as you did with the community. It works well on my Att I337 S4 (along with the loki doki fix). Everything is functioning, except for the known issues (wifi, security settings). Battery life is good as well. Awaiting future releases. :thumbup:

Sent from my AT&T SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

I tried to flash this on my S4 and it stuck at the samsung screen - would not boot - can you tell me what steps you did so I can try again? Eager to try this -

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
You must do a full wipe, including system. This a different firmware

My S4 Is Insane

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

I did that - tried flashing three times - completely clean flash (Wipe Data/Wipe System/Wipe Cache/Delvick) no boot - however, I just found the Magical Unicorn kernel posted here - I flashed everything again - and then flashed the kernel - and Loki-doki - and it finally booted - Whoo Hoo!:laugh:

I am very grateful - will move my SIM Card to my S4 so I can play for a while and let my note 3 rest a bit - (I always have a fall back phone in case I really brick something - :)

Thanks for all your work - and thanks for the Magical Unicorn Kernel Dev (I should have written down his name, it escapes me)

Thanks for eveyrhting!

Reactions: erid2thed

spyke1999

Apr 29, 2012
Chicago
I did that - tried flashing three times - completely clean flash (Wipe Data/Wipe System/Wipe Cache/Delvick) no boot - however, I just found the Magical Unicorn kernel posted here - I flashed everything again - and then flashed the kernel - and Loki-doki - and it finally booted - Whoo Hoo!:laugh:

I am very grateful - will move my SIM Card to my S4 so I can play for a while and let my note 3 rest a bit - (I always have a fall back phone in case I really brick something - :)

Thanks for all your work - and thanks for the Magical Unicorn Kernel Dev (I should have written down his name, it escapes me)

Thanks for eveyrhting!
maybe that will work for me if only the op hadnt removed the kernel

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
You must do a full wipe, including system. This a different firmware

My S4 Is Insane

DEVIANT DEVELOPMENT

I am having another issue - I may just have to deal with it until more bugs are worked out - but everytime I try to access Google Play - it FC's -I can't download aps -

I tried clearing cache - but that didn't do anything - I am not sure what to do ? or am I SOL -?

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
I am having another issue - I may just have to deal with it until more bugs are worked out - but everytime I try to access Google Play - it FC's -I can't download aps -

I tried clearing cache - but that didn't do anything - I am not sure what to do ? or am I SOL -?

I just noticed that as well. I do have the newest PlayStore apk somewhere. When I find it I will post it.

PlayStoreApk

Last edited:
I tried to flash this on my S4 and it stuck at the samsung screen - would not boot - can you tell me what steps you did so I can try again? Eager to try this -

I already had the MJ9 modem installed. Coming from latest 4.4 beanstalk:

1). I moved all of my internal storage folder/apps that I wanted to save to my ext card.
2). (using twrp 2.3.6.1) I Wiped system, data, cache and internal storage card.
3). I rebooted recovery and selected not to install su.
4). I flashed the ROM, att CSC fix (for LTE), inverted play store and Loki doki zip files.
5). Wipe dalvik and reboot system.

You will hear the boot sound, then give the blinking Samsung logo approx 3-4 mins to go dark and the initial welcome screen will appear.

WiFi and security option (in settings) do not work. Not sure about GPS lock. I tried it in a poor signal area (after playing with system files and build prop for wifi purposes) and was not successful after 10 mins.

Also I did not have problems with SD card (except Installing apks from the cards because of no access to security setting) until I clicked the storage option in the camera settings. Re-flashed with the kernel you used and Selinux was disabled but still no access to security setting or wifi.

I wish you and other success.

Last edited:

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I already had the MJ9 modem installed. Coming from latest 4.4 beanstalk:

1). I moved all of my internal storage folder/apps that I wanted to save to my ext card.
2). (using twrp 2.3.6.1) I Wiped system, data, cache and internal storage card.
3). I rebooted recovery and selected not to install su.
4). I flashed the ROM, att CSC fix (for LTE), inverted play store and Loki doki zip files.
5). Wipe dalvik and reboot system.

You will hear the boot sound, then give the blinking Samsung logo approx 3-4 mins to go dark and the initial welcome screen will appear.

WiFi and security option (in settings) do not work. Not sure about GPS lock. I tried it in a poor signal area (after playing with system files and build prop for wifi purposes) and was not successful after 10 mins.

Also I did not have problems with SD card (except Installing apks from the cards because of no access to security setting) until I clicked the storage option in the camera settings. Re-flashed with the kernel you used and Selinux was disabled but still no access to security setting or wifi.

I wish you and other success.

I looked for the CSC fix you mentioned but can't find it ? Do you have a link?

(I updated my modem to use the same one you suggested - but am still having issues when I try to boot without first flashing that Mircale Unicorn Kernel - but as I understand it - you were able to boot without it - correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigron77
I looked for the CSC fix you mentioned but can't find it ? Do you have a link?

(I updated my modem to use the same one you suggested - but am still having issues when I try to boot without first flashing that Mircale Unicorn Kernel - but as I understand it - you were able to boot without it - correct?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2343513

Check the OP from this thread, the AT&T CSC fix is there. Yes, I am able to boot this ROM without changing kernels.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
Reactions: xda23

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In a joint venture with @The Sickness, we gladly present.....

[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V2 | TouchWiz KitKat | 01.19.14

FEATURES:​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• -v2
    • Based on Android TouchWiz 4.4.2 KitKat Unofficial
      Firmware I9505XXUFNA5
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Modified Android 4.4.2 Kernel SELinux set to Permissive
    • Busybox & init.d support
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

-v1
    • Based on Android TouchWiz 4.4.2 KitKat Unofficial
      Firmware I9505XXUFNA1
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Android 4.4.2 Kernel
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

Known Issues:​
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    • No Wifi (need a custom kernel)
    • Security FC's Settings
    • No Wifi Calling (International Build)

Preview

Download File:

► dbKAT v2 ◄
    ► dbKAT v1 ◄

LEAVE FEEDBACK! AND HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE THIS ROM

:D DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!! :D

[ROM][KOT49H][TW4.4.2] | dbKAT | V1| Coming Today!

FEATURES:
    • Based on Android 4.4.2 Unofficial Firmware I9505XXUFNA1
    • KNOX REMOVED
    • Stock Android 4.4.2 Kernel
    • Prerooted
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • Ex-FAT Support
    • Build.prop tweaks

Known Issues:
    • No Wifi (need a custom kernel)
    • Security FC's Settings

Preview

LEAVE FEEDBACK! AND HIT THANKS IF YOU LIKE THIS MOD

:D DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!! :D

Cant say THANKS, used up my 8 for the day. Nice job bro.....
    My kernel has working WiFi with this rom, will build a "xda friendly" version of it 2nite/2mrw for you all

---------------------------------------------------
    (for those with access to my private kernels, the 4.4 kitkat with TW in the file name I uploaded the other day works with this rom)
    SGS4-KK-442-tw-tmo-01122014_1252.zip (5 views, 3 downloads)
    Thread cleaned of off topic banter.

Couple points to make over what was just deleted from this thread.

1 - Do not forget that you all are members here, and with membership, you do not have the right to discuss things direspectfully, nor is this a free speech site. Which leads to #2

2 - Discussion of banned members, and their work, to include screenshots of sai members and or work, is not allowed. Don't like that? Too bad, those are the rules.

3 - Posting of other peoples roms and or works in threads is not cool, not is it classy or resepectful.

4 - Continuing a conversation after XDA staff ahs warned users to stop is also not cool, I have cleaned up this thread, but will be visiting it routinely now, glad to meet you all.​

Troll at your own peril from here on out, and to some, check your PM's - you have messages waiting from me...there will be no more warnings in here...
    Wifi hot spot will not torn on :/ says error never seen that

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Cause the WiFi drivers are not loading, the same reason WiFi dont work
    USB tethering does work...

and Thanks for posting this - it made me test WiFi hotspot w/ my kernel - and it failed.. gonna find out why

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

So its currently in the same state as the original i9505 kernel?.....

missed this one
    its a i9505g kernel with a custom defconfig file
    95% of the changes were in defconfig
    4% in ramdisk
    (when compared to the i9505g "magical unicorn" kernel i released)

then 1% - a few small changes to the rom itself (few XML and config files)
    all flashable - so no decompiling jar files or anything