Was this thread helpful?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Please please please find me a custom recovery for Micromax Canvas Spark 3 (Q385). Philz recovery is my best choice. I am a complete noob in android development and I can't port it by myself. Thanks for your help!
Do a google search for:

"Custom recovery (your model number)"

If that doesn't get any results then there isn't a recovery for your device and you're stuck with porting one if you want one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Got the sudden death black screen no lights no charge icon, black screen, nothing. The battery is new and digital volt Meter shows voltage and I have ordered a usb jig and a usb stick with a sd card. I heard that the usb jig would work to get into download mode then I read that it would not. Need help with latest working downloads and help to this old problem. It's usa, wifi, never been rooted and had the last system Ota update, kit kat I think, 442 . What is needed to attempt to get this old dog up and running ? My pc has recently been formatted and is xp pro with service pack 3 and netframe work 2 . No recovery program recognized when plugged in but before format it did see something in device manager but never got anywhere so that why I thought I'd format pc and start fresh. Also read about using sd card to debrick, hard bricked not soft, and if I can get help and if lucky get up and running, what could be done to prevent this from happening again. Will try to see if I get a pm here but maybe easier to just email me at pizzaman320@netzero.com . My username here is s3tablet10.1gt5210 . I had tried posting here and there but is difficult to navigate to this android tablet area with this device to people that would read and help me. Please get back to me. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays. Peace
Can you boot to download mode with the button method? If so then you don't need the USBjig, a jig will boot you to download mode if the button method doesn't work but it isn't guaranteed, it depends on what caused this issue.

Dec 11, 2016
No. The button trick is a no go. I had tried unplugging battery from motherboard, had tried the tape the power button down to drain battery...?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Do a google search for:

"Custom recovery (your model number)"

If that doesn't get any results then there isn't a recovery for your device and you're stuck with porting one if you want one.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Can you boot to download mode with the button method? If so then you don't need the USBjig, a jig will boot you to download mode if the button method doesn't work but it isn't guaranteed, it depends on what caused this issue.

Sorry, still trying to get used to this site but other info the Samsung Galaxy s3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210 is a usa, never rooted, had working Ota update, kit kat 442 I believe. Was playing a game while plugged into the charger and just guit. The usb jig I read here that it would not work and at another post I read that they hit the power button and it went into download mode. The jig should be showing up soon I hope. I also read on a Phone they used the sd card to download the image but couldn't find any info for that one this device so that's why I ordered both. And tried recovery tool, odin and not recognizedo. Don't know what you mean by porting, sorry. Have some knowledge but sometimes need more step by step info and some abbreviation I'm a newbie, sorry.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
No. The button trick is a no go. I had tried unplugging battery from motherboard, had tried the tape the power button down to drain battery...?

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Sorry, still trying to get used to this site but other info the Samsung Galaxy s3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210 is a usa, never rooted, had working Ota update, kit kat 442 I believe. Was playing a game while plugged into the charger and just guit. The usb jig I read here that it would not work and at another post I read that they hit the power button and it went into download mode. The jig should be showing up soon I hope. I also read on a Phone they used the sd card to download the image but couldn't find any info for that one this device so that's why I ordered both. And tried recovery tool, odin and not recognizedo. Don't know what you mean by porting, sorry. Have some knowledge but sometimes need more step by step info and some abbreviation I'm a newbie, sorry.
The comment about porting is for someone else, I answered you both in one post.

The SD card trick to recover your device requires a debrick.img pulled from the same model number device with the same stock firmware that you had.

Dec 11, 2016
The comment about porting is for someone else, I answered you both in one post.

The SD card trick to recover your device requires a debrick.img pulled from the same model number device with the same stock firmware that you had.

Right on. I don't think that there is such image out there that I can find, so it sounds like if and when the jig shows up and if it works and goes into download mode I'll have to come back and report. The sd card trick may never come into play, sounds like if I get back to stock I would need to get image of of my own ? Or just relie on jig. But when I report back and lucky to recover what would it take to stop the black screen of death from ever happening again ? I do have another working samsung galaxy s3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210 repaired. That is had to replace motherboard and when to play store and got app to check for sane or insane chip and it came back sane ! So this one that's dead I'll have to save this page or pm you after I get jig if that's okay ?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Right on. I don't think that there is such image out there that I can find, so it sounds like if and when the jig shows up and if it works and goes into download mode I'll have to come back and report. The sd card trick may never come into play, sounds like if I get back to stock I would need to get image of of my own ? Or just relie on jig. But when I report back and lucky to recover what would it take to stop the black screen of death from ever happening again ? I do have another working samsung galaxy s3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210 repaired. That is had to replace motherboard and when to play store and got app to check for sane or insane chip and it came back sane ! So this one that's dead I'll have to save this page or pm you after I get jig if that's okay ?
I'm thinking your tablet may be dead, it seems to me as if the battery wasn't the correct one and may have caused the CPU to overheat and damaged it. If that is what happened then it would do what yours did, shut down and no longer respond.

If it were a software issue and all you did was play a game when this happened then it would still boot to download mode or recovery mode. That means that flashing stock again might not fix it.

Dec 11, 2016
I'm thinking your tablet may be dead, it seems to me as if the battery wasn't the correct one and may have caused the CPU to overheat and damaged it. If that is what happened then it would do what yours did, shut down and no longer respond.

If it were a software issue and all you did was play a game when this happened then it would still boot to download mode or recovery mode. That means that flashing stock again might not fix it.

November. I ordered a new battery and put it in and same, black with no charge icon so the old batter shows voltage and so does the new one with DVOM. Just so you know the other working device has the new battery and the replacement motherboard. I am putting together a second unit that has the hard bricked motherboard with the original old battery. This Frankenstein unit will be the test tablet to learn and share from, so that I may improve the working one and try and stop this sudden death issue. So far the working other tablet has been worry free but these s 3 tablets seem prone to this death issue so I'm working on old Franky here. Hope this give you a picture of my madness. Peace

dato94

Dec 13, 2016
Tbilisi
HELP USB VCOM Port - Port Appears and Dissapears everytime

USB VCOM Port - Port Appears and Dissapears everytime i can't flash my bricked phone. see everything here youtube.com/watch?v=bAw36I0wGKY

Last edited:

baseddean

Dec 13, 2016
ZTE Custom roms

Man guys I've been searching and looking everywhere for ZTE Max Duo custom rom, and can't find one.
Does anyone know of any?
Or is it possible that I could use another ZTE phone custom rom on it(but I doubt because of drivers)
Please help cause man I can't deal with using 5.1.1 in 2016

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
Man guys I've been searching and looking everywhere for ZTE Max Duo custom rom, and can't find one.
Does anyone know of any?
Or is it possible that I could use another ZTE phone custom rom on it(but I doubt because of drivers)
Please help cause man I can't deal with using 5.1.1 in 2016
Do a google search for:

"Custom ROM for (your model number)"

If that gets you no results then it doesn't exist. In that case you can port a ROM from a device with the same CPU architecture and same hardware components to work on yours but it requires having the stock firmware or the stock source for your device. Or you can take a chance and use something for a device with similar hardware without porting it but the odds are that it will brick your device.

baseddean

Dec 13, 2016
Do a google search for:

"Custom ROM for (your model number)"

If that gets you no results then it doesn't exist. In that case you can port a ROM from a device with the same CPU architecture and same hardware components to work on yours but it requires having the stock firmware or the stock source for your device. Or you can take a chance and use something for a device with similar hardware without porting it but the odds are that it will brick your device.

Did model search also, yup guess it doesn't exit, thanks anyways

TimSchumi

Mar 9, 2016
Hello people,

I have been searching a long time to fix my probem but with no succes.

I have an android navigation in my car (erisin 3062b) with android 5.1.1

I can connect to a hotspot from an android device, but i cant connect to my iphone hotspot. It just saves the hotspot but cant connect to it.

Do you have any solutions?

Android always had problems with connecting to iPhone and vice versa. It's also the same with Bluetooth.

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
I think I've found phone with same hardware, but do you mean I must have 5.1.1 source files?
To be more specific, if you want to port a ROM from another device, you need YOUR specific model number's stock source and/or stock firmware, not just a 5.1.1 source. You need the stuff that was specifically made to work on your model number.

Reactions: baseddean

Sudarshankakoty

May 3, 2016
So any CM users here ?
Well. I compiled a CM12.1 for my device, I need a dark/black theme which excludes theming Contacts app. (Otherwise contact names turns black and background also turns black, rendering these contact names unreadable). Any suggestion please ... ?

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
HTC Thunderbolt
So any CM users here ?
Well. I compiled a CM12.1 for my device, I need a dark/black theme which excludes theming Contacts app. (Otherwise contact names turns black and background also turns black, rendering these contact names unreadable). Any suggestion please ... ?
You can try using the Dark Material theme from the Playstore then decompile your contacts app and theme the app how you want then recompile and re-sign the app and install the modified app.

Or, you can decompile all of your apps except for contacts then theme all of them except contacts then recompile all of them and reinstall all of the modified apps.

I'm not a themer so I'm not sure if there are other options.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sudarshankakoty

mr M7MD

Dec 15, 2016
hi guys :)

i have big problem with my phone
NEXUS 5 LTE 6.0.1

wi fi: not working = off
wi fi ip: not available
wi fi mac address: not available

from factory no rom or root or any thing
every thing in my phone is work and good exsapte wifi >>> please help :crying:

Last edited:

Sudarshankakoty

May 3, 2016
You can try using the Dark Material theme from the Playstore then decompile your contacts app and theme the app how you want then decompile and re-sign the app and install the modified app.

Or, you can theme decompile all of your apps except for contacts then theme all of them except contacts then recompile all of them and reinstall all of the modified apps.

I'm not a themer so I'm not sure if there are other options.
Thanks. It's a great idea. :)

shadowreroll

Dec 14, 2016
Hi can anyone tell me how to change the country of google playstore on a rooted android emulator (Using noxapp player btw)? Tried searching around but couldn't find any information on this. Thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II