[ROM][9.0][ LineageOS 16.0 For MediaPad M3 Lite 8/10 ]

Search This thread

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you so much for the great work.
In the hope that the camera will work soon (Skype doesn't work), I made a small donation.

Thank you very much !

Hi, i installed Google Camera on my MediaPad an it says that there isn't enough space on my Tab.
Is there a´maybe an access rights problem or somewhere a wrong "save to" folder in the system?

Please, can you try a clean install ? Go to TWRP and wipe from advanced wipe all apart "Micro SD card", than flash LOS & GApps.

Good luck !

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hi, thank you for your reply! yes, I saw those, but I don't know how to "dirty flash" something... :cyclops: but l'Il investigate! ;)
thank you,
v.

You shouldn't wipe something, just flash the new build, after the new build was flashed you need to "Wipe Cache/Dalvik" before to "Reboot System" as shown in the screenshot below !

Screenshot-2019-06-02-23-36-22.png

k626

Jul 12, 2013
Milan
Hi, almost everything perfect .... but I miss the second account on the tablet!
I configured the second account, second user, in this build I can't choose which account to log into the tablet.
May you fix it?

Hi!
you can add the multiuser function by adding these lines in build.prop (I used BuildProp Editor)

#Multiuser
fw.max_users=5
fw.show_multiuserui=1
fw.show_hidden_users=1
fw.power_user_switcher=1

Save and reboot, and you'll see the user icon in the drop down menu! :)

ciao, v.

Henry_Jones

Sep 21, 2006
Hello, many thanks for this ROM, the devices (a W09 and a L09) are running smoothly now.

Just out of curiosity, how can I go back to stock Rom, as I've skipped the backup part as usual ;)

I've found a lot of ROM's here: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-mediapad-m3-lite-10-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/
and also some ways to flash them: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-stock-firmware-all-methods/

But all fail more or less:
- TWRP will not flash any of the files (OTA or FullOTA)
- The Settings-> System-> SystemUpdate is not available (of course)
- I've no idea how to reach the Project Menu from the Lineage OS, it does not work with the calculator and there is no phone app on the W09
- Flash & Flashy Tool require two files, which are not present in the zip files to download.

Is there any way back without a backup ?

It does not matter much, as I don't use the camera that often and everything else runs fine.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Hello, many thanks for this ROM, the devices (a W09 and a L09) are running smoothly now.

Just out of curiosity, how can I go back to stock Rom, as I've skipped the backup part as usual ;)

I've found a lot of ROM's here: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-mediapad-m3-lite-10-stock-firmware-all-firmwares/
and also some ways to flash them: https://huaweiflash.com/how-to-flash-huawei-stock-firmware-all-methods/

But all fail more or less:
- TWRP will not flash any of the files (OTA or FullOTA)
- The Settings-> System-> SystemUpdate is not available (of course)
- I've no idea how to reach the Project Menu from the Lineage OS, it does not work with the calculator and there is no phone app on the W09
- Flash & Flashy Tool require two files, which are not present in the zip files to download.

Is there any way back without a backup ?

It does not matter much, as I don't use the camera that often and everything else runs fine.

You can try to unpack UPDATE.APP ( you should try to find yourself the tool here on XDA for unpack update.app), split the resulted images for vendor & system to raw images ( e.g : simg2img SYSTEM.img system.raw ) ... rename system & vendor raw to system.img & vendor.img, put boot, recovery, vendor & system images to internal storage & boot to TWRP !

Here you need to use "dd" commands to flash them in the appropriate partitions ( e.g: dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system) ... and reboot your device from TWRP in recovery ! If you are able to boot on stock recovery, here is mandatory to wipe all in order to encrypt device bach, otherwise the device will not boot on stock Huawei firmware.

Good luck !

EDIT :

It's mandatory that your update.app to be a FullOTA-MF and match your device previously updated to LOS 16.0 !

Last edited:
Reactions: nateify

Henry_Jones

Sep 21, 2006
You can try to unpack UPDATE.APP ( you should try to find yourself the tool here on XDA for unpack update.app), split the resulted images for vendor & system to raw images ( e.g : simg2img SYSTEM.img system.raw ) ... rename system & vendor raw to system.img & vendor.img, put boot, recovery, vendor & system images to internal storage & boot to TWRP !

Here you need to use "dd" commands to flash them in the appropriate partitions ( e.g: dd if=/sdcard/system.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system) ... and reboot your device from TWRP in recovery ! If you are able to boot on stock recovery, here is mandatory to wipe all in order to encrypt device bach, otherwise the device will not boot on stock Huawei firmware.

Good luck !

EDIT :

It's mandatory that your update.app to be a FullOTA-MF and match your device previously updated to LOS 16.0 !

Thanks for the fast response. It went quite far:
- App unpacked
- System & Vendor.img expanded
- copied everything to the device
- dd'ed everything successfully
- told twrp to reboot to recovery

But after that nothing happens. If I hold Volume+ to reach recovery it just loops back to the red warning text. The same happens if I don't press anything, which is accoding to your statement "will not boot if not wiped in erecovery".

I still can reach the "fastboot" mode, so I guess I can start all over with LOS 16.0. --> Edit: returned to LOS 16.0 succesfully

Maybe I don't have the right FullOTA to begin with. Is there anything to look at beside the "BAH-W09" ? If the build number is important, is there still a way to find out the correct one ?

Last edited:

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thanks for the fast response. It went quite far:
- App unpacked
- System & Vendor.img expanded
- copied everything to the device
- dd'ed everything successfully
- told twrp to reboot to recovery

But after that nothing happens. If I hold Volume+ to reach recovery it just loops back to the red warning text. The same happens if I don't press anything, which is accoding to your statement "will not boot if not wiped in erecovery".

I still can reach the "fastboot" mode, so I guess I can start all over with LOS 16.0. --> Edit: returned to LOS 16.0 succesfully

Maybe I don't have the right FullOTA to begin with. Is there anything to look at beside the "BAH-W09" ? If the build number is important, is there still a way to find out the correct one ?

First, thank you very much :eek:: ( you know for what ... )

Yes, I'm also stuck on LOS 16.0, because my device refused to boot on stock recovery or stock erecovery !

You can put your device in fastboot mode easly ( from any state ) ... just connect USB cable, and force restart your device ( press power more thanh 10 seconds) and immediately press volume down button !

Your firmware should be something like that : BAH-W09C100B251 .... but there is more firmware for W09 like C100/C233 and so on ...

The correct firmware can be grabbed only from stock Huawei Nougat ROM, from build.prop :

In my case, on stock Nougat I had :

HTML:
adb shell

getprop ro.build.description
BAH-L09-user 7.0 HUAWEIBAH-L09 C100B018 release-keys

So my correct firmware to be flashed via /dload method or "dd" is : BAH-L09C100B018 !

Unfortunately my device does not want to boot into stock recovery nor erecovery, although before I had more than 10 different Huawei devices, and I did not encounter this problem in any device.

( My previosly Huawei devices : Huawei Ascend P6, Huawei Ascend 620s, Huawei P7, Huawei P8, Huawei P8 Lite, Huawei P9, Huawei P9 Plus, Honor 8, Honor 8x, Honor 7x, Honor 9, Honor 8 Pro, Honor View 10 & currently MediaPad M3 Lite 10 BAH-AL00/L09 ) !

Last edited:

mikwii2000

Nov 1, 2015
Venice
Thank you @surdu_petru for developing such a great ROM for a brilliant but abandoned device!! But I have an issue: during the first setup wizard, after connecting to my wifi, the device remains stuck at searching for new updates. I tried wiping system, cache and so on, but the problem persists. The only way I found to bypass this problem is disconnecting from any wifi and skip the unnecessary steps which require a wifi connection. But in this way the configuration of my tablet is incomplete, therefore I can't remove the notification that says "configuration preparation"... Please fix this problem or tell me how to come out of this issue... thank you?
P.S.: I cleanly installed your ROM, I used nano GApps

Last edited:

Henry_Jones

Sep 21, 2006
First, thank you very much :eek:: ( you know for what ... )

Yes, I'm also stuck on LOS 16.0, because my device refused to boot on stock recovery or stock erecovery !

. . .

Unfortunately my device does not want to boot into stock recovery nor erecovery, although before I had more than 10 different Huawei devices, and I did not encounter this problem in any device.

Ok, then I'll leave it be.

If even you can't return your device to stock I'll stop trying and stay with LOS. ;) After all the "real" camera is with me more often then the tablet ever will be.

Even it's my first Huawei device, usually I'm a HTC guy, I'm impressed. It took 4 € to unlock it, as they closed the service for it. But so far it was worth every cent of it.

Reactions: surdu_petru

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you @surdu_petru for developing such a great ROM for a brilliant but abandoned device!! But I have an issue: during the first setup wizard, after connecting to my wifi, the device remains stuck at searching for new updates. I tried wiping system, cache and so on, but the problem persists. The only way I found to bypass this problem is disconnecting from any wifi and skip the unnecessary steps which require a wifi connection. But in this way the configuration of my tablet is incomplete, therefore I can't remove the notification that says "configuration preparation"... Please fix this problem or tell me how to come out of this issue... thank you?
P.S.: I cleanly installed your ROM, I used nano GApps

Indeed there is a issue with setup wizard on the last update, I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I'll check soon.

To fix you issue, please made a clean install with the previous update of LOS 16.0 from here ( lineage-16.0-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip ), and Gapps, boot and completly setup your device. This time there will be no issue with setup wizard. Next, reboot device in TWRP and just try a dirty flash of the last update of LOS 16.0. In this way you'll have the last update working like it should.

Thank you very much for understanding !

Reactions: mikwii2000

mikwii2000

Nov 1, 2015
Venice
Ok. Please let me know if it's working well

Thank you @surdu_petru for your fantastic ROM and your quick replies! I have done as you told me, and now all is working perfectly :good:

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I would also like to ask if there are problems flashing the latest version of magisk to get root permissions ... or if it is better to install another package e.g. SuperSU... thank you for your replies?

Edit: I found the official SuperSU add-on, and I managed to gain root access?

Edit2: I tried to play some music on my mediapad m3 lite 10" and I discovered that audio is almost without bass, and it's too weak. (With stock rom audio was very good!) Can you try to make audio thicker in the next update?? It is very important for me, because I use this tablet to watch Netflix and to play music on Spotify??

Thank you very very much for this fantastic rom!!

Last edited:

Henry_Jones

Sep 21, 2006
Indeed there is a issue with setup wizard on the last update, I don't know what's going on at the moment, but I'll check soon.

Thank you very much for understanding !

I see the same problem, but you can also solve it with not connecting to WLAN in the setup wizard. The google account and transfer from a former device can also be done later.

It's surprising I didn't see the problem with the last device but I set it up without connecting to WLAN on purpose and therefore missed it.

I often set up devices that way and never encountered any negative side effects doing so.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
Thank you @surdu_petru for your fantastic ROM and your quick replies! I have done as you told me, and now all is working perfectly :good:

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

I would also like to ask if there are problems flashing the latest version of magisk to get root permissions ... or if it is better to install another package e.g. SuperSU... thank you for your replies?

Edit: I found the official SuperSU add-on, and I managed to gain root access?

Edit2: I tried to play some music on my mediapad m3 lite 10" and I discovered that audio is almost without bass, and it's too weak. (With stock rom audio was very good!) Can you try to make audio thicker in the next update?? It is very important for me, because I use this tablet to watch Netflix and to play music on Spotify??

Thank you very very much for this fantastic rom!!

This issue with the sound was also reported by someone else, unfortunately I have not found a solution to improve the sound so far. But that person told me he installed ViPER4Androd, and the sound was comparable to stock after that !

I see the same problem, but you can also solve it with not connecting to WLAN in the setup wizard. The google account and transfer from a former device can also be done later.

It's surprising I didn't see the problem with the last device but I set it up without connecting to WLAN on purpose and therefore missed it.

I often set up devices that way and never encountered any negative side effects doing so.

Ok, I already tried to not connecting to WLAN due to setup wizard.

But how did you solved the notification ? which its say "Preparing for setup..." ? at least on my device it doesn't go on, it hangs there :( like in those screenshots :

Screenshot-20190923-130715-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20190923-130725-Settings.png

Screenshot-20190923-130746-Android-Setup.png

Reactions: mikwii2000

Henry_Jones

Sep 21, 2006
Ok, I already tried to not connecting to WLAN due to setup wizard.

But how did you solved the notification ? which its say "Preparing for setup..." ? at least on my device it doesn't go on, it hangs there :( like in those screenshots :

. . .

Ok, I saw that as well, but as the device worked otherwise without problems I just removed the notification and killed the task. :)

But you're both right in this case, a flawless Installation might be better to prevent further difficulties which might arise from this.

Just for completeness I tried the the procedure with flashing the "old" LOS and then dirty flashing the new one after it. This worked as described without a problem. So at least I'm prepared for further updates ;)

But even there I had to go through the wizard twice (during setup once and then again) to remove it from the notification area.

Reactions: surdu_petru

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LOS.png

Please note that this ROM is one of my side projects, for which I could provide zero warranty. By installing this ROM, you acknowledge that you take all the risks that come with installing custom firmwares on your devices, including but not limited to bricking your device, losing your data, etc.

Devices Supported :

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10 :

BAH-AL00/BAH-L01/BAH-L09/BAH-W09

Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 8 :
    CPN-AL00/CPN-L0J/CPN-L09/CPN-W09

About LineageOS:

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 9 (Pie), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

* Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.

Warning !
    Installing a custom ROM on your device can sometimes be difficult and also with unwanted consequences! Therefore, make sure that you understand exactly what risks this operation entails - you are the only one responsible for all actions taken on your device.

Downloads:

lineage-16.0-20190822-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip

lineage-16.0-20191112-UNOFFICIAL-bach.zip

GApps : ARM64 - Android 9.0 - your choice ( recomanded : mini/micro or nano ) !

Instructions:

1. unlock bootloader & install TWRP 3.2.0-0
    2. plug USB cable to your Desktop/Laptop for copy files ( or add them to a external storage/microSD card )
    3. take a backup
    4. format /data
    5. reboot device again to TWRP to be able to use /data
    6. Wipe all apart External Storage
    7. copy LOS16.0 ROM & GApps to Internal/External Storage ***
    8. go to Install -> check the LOS zip file
    9. Add more Zips
    10. check GApps zip file
    11 Swipe to confirm Flash
    12. Wipe cache/dalvik -> Swipe to Wipe
    13. Reboot System
    14. Enjoy !
    15. Later you can install the new TWRP 3.3.1-0 !

*** if you flash this ROM for the first time, please install 20190822 version & GApps &
    complete the full settings of GApps, in order to be able to update your device to the last LOS 16.0 ROM !
    You can update to the last ROM available by dary flash !

What's working | Not working

*Please check the second post !

Credits:

LineageOS Team

Greg Kroah-Hartman for keep alive 3.18.y kernel !

Kernel Source Code : android_kernel_huawei_bach Branch: pie !

Screenshots :

Screenshot-20190704-205419-Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot-20190704-205432-Trebuchet.png

Screenshot-20190704-205442-Settings.png
    Screenshot-20190704-205458-Settings.png

Best Regards !
    Antutu v7.2.2

AnTuTu Benchmark v7.2.2 on

Huawei-M3-Lite.jpg

final score :

Screenshot-20190704-221013-An-Tu-Tu-Benchmark.png
    New Update LOS 16.0 12/11/2019 !

Hello !

As I already announced, today I present a new update of LOS 16.0 ( Android Pie ) for our device !

( Please check OP for downloads )

ChangeLog :

* update security patch level to November 5, 2019
    * removed SIM support for all devices which are wifi only
    * added Flip Cover support :
    - it will not working for the first time
    - try to open and close the cover, to initialize the sensor
    - in two or three seconds you'll hear a specific sound of the lock screen
    - when you remove the cover, the screen will switch to on automatically - and the device will stay locked .

Screenshot-20191112-055220-Settings.png

Best regards !
    What's Working & Not Working on LOS 16.0 !

Working :
    1. touch display
    2. audio
    3. video
    4. gps
    5. sensors
    6. wifi
    7. wifi/usb/bluetooth hotspot/tethering
    8. bluetooth
    9. data/4G/LTE
    10. fingerprint scanner
    11. video camera recorder

Still Not Working :
    1. camera ( photo )
    2. we need to use wired or bluetooth headphones to make or receive a call ( the sound on speaker/mic of the tablet seems to be broken )

Extra feature :
    1. Display Color Calibration using KCAL
    2. custom off mode charging
    3. Flip Cover
    Last Update of LOS 16.0 !!!

Hello !

There is a new update of LOS 16.0 for your device into OP !

This could be also the last update of LOS 16.0 as LOS 17.0 ( Android 10 ) is already running on my device ... and may be the next update of LOS next time !

ChangeLog :

* update security patch level to October 5, 2019 !
    * added back multi user account
    * enable surround sound
    * added sustained Performance Mode
    * fixed launcher issue in landscape mode

Best regards !

LOS 17.0 Android 10 on MediaPad M3 Lite 10

Screenshot-20191020-003511-Settings.png