[DISCUSSION] The Official JellyBean Discussion Thread

Search This thread

guest_2011

Jul 20, 2012

Is the top link for tmobile usa? Maybe not accessible because buggy and LG will release 20i or later?

wladymeer

Jan 18, 2013
Belgrade
Hey guys, I have a question about P768:

I have an offer to buy it, but here's the catch:

Salesman says camera stopped working when he installed JB update. He says that he probablly installed P760 european version of software and that he can't mess around with reverting it back to ICS.

So... My questions are:
1. should I believe that this could be the reason for camera not working? And will it work if I get t back to ICS for P768 at all?
2. How hard it is to revert it back to ICS and is there any serious chance for bricking phone during such process?

Thanks!

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
Hey guys, I have a question about P768:

I have an offer to buy it, but here's the catch:

Salesman says camera stopped working when he installed JB update. He says that he probablly installed P760 european version of software and that he can't mess around with reverting it back to ICS.

So... My questions are:
1. should I believe that this could be the reason for camera not working? And will it work if I get t back to ICS for P768 at all?
2. How hard it is to revert it back to ICS and is there any serious chance for bricking phone during such process?

Thanks!

All is working if you install proper official rom. P768 phone should install P768 rom not P760 and this is the reason why camera doesn't work. If you didn't buy it yet try to get one that come with P768 firmware.

For going back to ICS, if phone come JB installed, you can flash it back to ICS but the process is a bit lengthy. You must flash P768 ICS u-boot/x-loader first then offline flash your region ICS kdz.

wladymeer

Jan 18, 2013
Belgrade
All is working if you install proper official rom. P768 phone should install P768 rom not P760 and this is the reason why camera doesn't work. If you didn't buy it yet try to get one that come with P768 firmware.

For going back to ICS, if phone come JB installed, you can flash it back to ICS but the process is a bit lengthy. You must flash P768 ICS u-boot/x-loader first then offline flash your region ICS kdz.

Thanks, and... Is there a way to just overwrite 760 JB with 768 JB maybe or I have to go back to ICS first?

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani
Thanks, and... Is there a way to just overwrite 760 JB with 768 JB maybe or I have to go back to ICS first?

You can download LG mobile support tool from LG website and use it to recover your phone.

Install LG USB driver.
http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=UW00120120425

Run LG mobile support tool and connect your phone. Select recover phone from menu.
http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/client/app/B2CAppSetup.exe

Wait about an hour. It should flash your phone back to latest official firmware.

devilanuj17

Sep 6, 2012
Delhi
guys,i was having a major problem regarding battery life.I had to charge my phone twice to thrive a day and battery used to last only 3-4 or max 5 hours,yesterday I brought a new battery ( free,warranty replacement loopholes) and my God,same usage,nothing changed and my battery still after being used from 13 hours ,is having 31% battery left as I write this post....it's more than I ever experienced even on ICS...

madheado

Jan 30, 2013
Donetsk
guys,i was having a major problem regarding battery life.I had to charge my phone twice to thrive a day and battery used to last only 3-4 or max 5 hours,yesterday I brought a new battery ( free,warranty replacement loopholes) and my God,same usage,nothing changed and my battery still after being used from 13 hours ,is having 31% battery left as I write this post....it's more than I ever experienced even on ICS...

Have you tried hard reset? I've got a rooted device, so I deleted/froze all unnacessary apps/services, use only gsm band(I normally use wi-fi), my screen brightness is 50% and it gets me at least 24 hours of use( around 4 hours of screen, an hour of wi-fi browsing, around 40 minutes of talking+around 30-60 minutes of music), but my syncronising is only on when I am connected to wi-fi.

AndreaL9

Dec 3, 2013
Milano

Which version do you have? I tried various version of v20 stock ROMs, the v20b have very bad battery life, the v20D and v20E are very good, you tried to do a hard reset after update?

Inviato dal mio P760 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: devilanuj17

xperia z3

Oct 5, 2014
merica
hey everyone i need some help and clarification on unlocking the bootloader for my t-mobile p769 v20h, I have already rooted the phone using vroot, but when i comes to unlocking the bootloader i am lost :/ there are many threads but i would like to which one is the latest method since everything i see is like from 2013...

cheppiroma

Apr 4, 2013
Jakarta
Stable JB Cust ROM With Disable SD Emu

Dear friends, I would like to know which more stable Jelly Bean custom ROM with Disable SD Emulation for P765? Since the Disable SD Emulation is more popular from 4.4+. Thanks before ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    looks like p769 20e should be out soonish
    Code:
    http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/swdata/WDLSW/LGP769BK/ATMOBK/V20e_00/V20E_00.kdz
    Last-Modified: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 10:51:39 GMT
    Content-Length: 573439999
    Hi.
    I've seen many threads regarding Jelly Bean update, which can be covered within one general discussion thread.
    So from now one this thread should be used to discuss issues, opinions and everything Jelly Bean related.
    All other threads will be closed.
    Enjoy! :)
    JB for P769 V20D Tmobile USA released

With some tricky tricks I could find the KDZ (which is directly not available on OTA phones yet) I found

1. V20D P769 TMOBILE USA KDZ file (here) (added 2 mirrors)
    2. Uploaded BASEBAND file (here)
    3. Uploaded HEX-EDITED BIN file for rooting (here)
    Enjoy P769 pals.... :highfive:
    1. Downloaded V20B P765 CIS and Flashed,
    2. I did Hard Reset (I personally wanted it clean to wash-out all the mess I did) you are advised not to do this,
    3. Already have Unlocked Bootloader
    4. Pushed CWM Touch in Fastboot mode,
    5. Flashed Root in CWM Mode.
    6. Restored data manually.
    WOW! Its neat and clean. :D P765 JB is really very very smooth.

The available Internal Memory showing as 2.33GB. Thats really better than before.

It looks like CIS Baseband is matching for Indian Region. Its always full and strong. Call is crystal clear. 3G network is also strong. 3G Data is quick and fast. Wi-fi connect is very fast and smooth. Found some bloatware as usual but disabled many and it should not drain battery now. Not yet fully checked for battery drain but in first 60 minutes it looks like it does not drain like complaints from some P760 users.

I give it :good: Well done LG.
    I tried first via pc suite but pc suite force closed while on software update screen.....so i used cmahendra`s method and it worked.....the steps are many but very easy to understand.

Sent from my LG-P765

Glad, it worked for you. Thats the whole idea is. Easy steps and noob-friendly is exactly what I want. :angel:

Steps may seem too many, but if you see carefully, half of the steps are optional when you do flashing/rooting for second time. Also it easily teaches noobs many things. Helps you to do easy testing/checklists, to be sure to go ahead or stay on the current step for any possible workaround.

And yes, I dont make guides for experts. EXPERTS MAY STAY AWAY and don't bother us. :laugh: kidding.