To delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AlvinPhilemon

Oct 6, 2011
Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo] 
"PhoneMobileOperatorName"="000-AT"

Restart and check for updates. GDR3 will start downloading. :)

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)

djadry

Jul 1, 2011
Varese
www.wp7mods.it
Or if you don't feel like deleting all your data, you could just change this registry entry:

Code:

NOTE: You do not need to change back this entry, as this is always the first to receive updates (was first to receive Portico, GDR2 and now GDR3)

SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks :cool:

Reactions: Luxon

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...

djadry

Jul 1, 2011
Varese
www.wp7mods.it
Aside from "fixing" the registry writing component of RPCComponent (and hence breaking the interop-unlock hack and various apps which rely on that component, such as SamWP Tools), what does this update provide? My ATIV S is not literally bug-free, but it's close enough at this point that I would need a pretty major step forward to make up for the regression that losing registry write access would be...

GDR3 fixed all the problems with the bluetooth sound system of my car... And that was enough for me. :)

Last edited:

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Thanks, but I *suspect* that's just GDR3 (the pure MS code), not the Samsung update. I know that improved BT compatibility and functionality was a major item for GDR3.

GoodDayToDie

Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
It probably isn't actually set to 0 (try the webserver app to see for real). The problem is that the Samsung RPC component that made the registry editor work has been restricted to only supporting specific registry keys. DeviceReg\Install is not among those, as there was no "legit" reason to need it.

Loco5150

Jun 8, 2008
Yes, it seems there is the instructions for keeping the unlock whole updating to the official gdr3.

Looks like it is putting 3 xml's is to specific folder of your unlocked device. When you update after that, these block the installation of the part that locks the device.

Last edited:

bruce142

Jun 18, 2013
Yep, the value is stil 10003. :good:

The Interop-unlock remains in effect after the Samsung Firmware update if you have performed the registry changes before this update, the update doesn't set this back to the original value and thus relock it. The only thing that you can't do after this update is changing registry values after this update (because the FCRouter has been locked by Samsung so you can't open/enable the Diagnostic app anymore). That is if you haven't performed the hack under Remove the Samsung Package ofcourse, if you have you can still modify the registry and install/enable the Diagnostics app.

To OP : you have forgotten the step where you switch off the Dev Updates switch/checkbox in SamWP8 Tools, if you don't do this you'll only receive the Samsung Firmware update and not the official GDR3 (8.0.10517.150) itself.

MarkAndroid

Feb 17, 2011
hi, I need to know if it is possible to perform the unlock after upgrading to GDR3. Unfortunately I upgraded without ever having unlocked the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

SamWP8 Tools allows to change it in 3 clicks :cool: