[APP] DrainGuard - Monitor your drain in standby!

Search This thread

walda

Apr 2, 2010
We want to introduce our 2nd App - DrainGuard.
German Version

Some may know the Tasker script which I have written for the DesireHD; this was the basic idea to be converted into an independent app. Of course with much more setting possibilities which would not have been possible with Tasker.

What DrainGuard is able to do?
One of the main worries with smartphones is the battery consumption. The fact that a smartphone uses battery if you work with it is quite clear. Therefore this consumption is to neglect - the more it is used, the more it uses and the shorter reaches the battery.

The main saving possibilities are therefore in standby.

DrainGuard should help you to watch the consumption in standby. Standby? The time between a ScreenOff and a ScreenOn. DrainGuard informs the user when turning the display on about the battery consumption. This is quite exact configurable, a 2-stage log file is provided if requested, when a too high drain occurs in standby the user is notified, some values can be displayed via minimalisticText widget.

The intelligence of DrainGuard - the special in it:
It would be easy to indicate "only" the difference between ScreenOff and On and would also be not very expressively.

A small example:
Take an average drain in standby of 1% / h.
if you dont use the phone for 5 hours -> 5% of battery consumption
If you use it now for 1h you get ex. +/-15% drain, in the next 1 hour of standby it DOES NOT use ONLY 1% as before, but approx. +/-3-4%. The battery needs apparently "to calm down" for some time again. Thats the 1st point of Drainguard. This "calming down" can be skipped.

Another problem of measurement are the short ScreenOn's. ex. "what's the time?" “have I missed a phone call / SMS?” or a short telephone call etc....
These short breaks would interrupt the measurement which would not be necessary. The 2nd point of DrainGuard: these short ScreenOn's can also be skipped.

The result of the measurements will be shown via notifications or via toasts (the small popups in android) when the screen is turned back on.

Further Instructions and Infos on our Homepage: CLICK ME

The App is available as TRIAL (Free) version in market. TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.

TRIAL:
Market-Link
img.php

The PRO Key App is available for 0,89 EUR in market. Just install it and the TRIAL automatically becomes a FULL Version.

PRO Key:
Market Link
img.php

Please try the TRIAL Version until you are sure, it works properly on your device!!.

Edit:
TRIAL APK uploaded to the Thread. It is not recommended to use this version because of no update notification on a new release via market. Only use this APK if you can not download it via market!

Edit2:

How to get a minimalistic Text widget work with DrainGuard?

1.) Please download ZIP from attachment section.
2.) Then put the files in the ZIP to your SDCard into the folder "MinimalisticTextPreferences"
3.) Create a minimalisticText Widget on your screen. 3x1
4.) The settings will be opened, scroll down, press Restore(?) - its called "Wiederherstellen" in german
5.) Select a preference ending with "-calc"
6.) Repeat steps for all files in ZIP, so it will look like my screenshot.

Thats it. The widget should be updated after at least a minute.

Attachments

• Notifications.jpg
    Notifications.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 2,443
  • Conf_engl_1.jpg
    Conf_engl_1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,908
  • Conf_engl_2.jpg
    Conf_engl_2.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Conf_engl_3.jpg
    Conf_engl_3.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,964
  • miniT_Widget.jpg
    miniT_Widget.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,785
  • mT-Akku.zip
    10 KB · Views: 242
  • DrainGuard.apk
    52.1 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

zeleboba

Dec 4, 2007
www.weaponplace.ru
Is there any way to get the apk? I go to the market using trial link. Click the button to install it on my HTC Sensation. It says will be installed soon and nothing happens. Tried to do this several times. Still nothing. Other software is downloading well.

htc-hd2

Oct 29, 2009
Almere
It's telling me that it's stopped due to TRIAL VERSION?
I'm testing it on a HTC-HD2 running nand GINGER 2.3.4

nathanpc

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2009
Brazil
about.me
Congratulations for the great idea. I want to buy the Pro version, but I can't since the Market won't let me use my AMEX card to purchase things that aren't on USD(this ain't be the first time it happens). Any idea of how I can purchase the Pro edition?

KohjiNagata

Jun 12, 2006
Purchased.
Seemed to work for me. It might be in my head but I've been using this and Juice Defender ultimate and it seems to be making my battery last a million times longer. By that I mean going from about 8hrs to around 16 - 20 hours by cutting out draining apps

Last edited:
Reactions: walda

Twister360

Jun 16, 2009
I bought it just now to support you! I really like the effort people are putting into fixing battery issues and I really hope this will help me since I'm having huge battery issues myself.

So, thank you for working on this!

Reactions: walda

walda

Apr 2, 2010
Thanks to all purchasers!

A new Version will be up to day with 2 more variables for Drain while Screen On/Off per Hour.

I will also upload the preference file for minimalisticText as shown in screenshots. You can take it and modify it till it fits for you.

Is there any way to get the apk? I go to the market using trial link. Click the button to install it on my HTC Sensation. It says will be installed soon and nothing happens. Tried to do this several times. Still nothing. Other software is downloading well.
I think its a common market problem. i also have this issue sometimes at many apps. if the problem persists, let me know, i'll send you the app manually.

Congratulations for the great idea. I want to buy the Pro version, but I can't since the Market won't let me use my AMEX card to purchase things that aren't on USD(this ain't be the first time it happens). Any idea of how I can purchase the Pro edition?
Please send us an email via our market-link with your request. We'll send you further instructions then.
Thanks!

ludow

Jul 9, 2010
Nice work. I purchased the app.

How to configure Minimalistic text for this app? Thank you. :)

walda

Apr 2, 2010
Nice work. I purchased the app.

How to configure Minimalistic text for this app? Thank you. :)

Thank you. I will upload the preference-file for minimalisticText in a few minutes.

1.0.3 will be available in a few minutes also (so market will :D).

Changes:
* 2 new variables for minimalisticText
* german language in menu

ludow

Jul 9, 2010
Thank you. I will upload the preference-file for minimalisticText in a few minutes.

1.0.3 will be available in a few minutes also (so market will :D).

Changes:
* 2 new variables for minimalisticText
* german language in menu

I created MinimalisticTextPreferences folder and unzipped Akku.mtpref there.
So how to import that file. I am bit lost. :eek:

EDIT: I got it. Google is my friend. :p
http://wiki.devmil.de/tiki-index.php?page=Tips and Tricks#Importing_Settings_mtpref_files_

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We want to introduce our 2nd App - DrainGuard.
    German Version

Some may know the Tasker script which I have written for the DesireHD; this was the basic idea to be converted into an independent app. Of course with much more setting possibilities which would not have been possible with Tasker.

What DrainGuard is able to do?
    One of the main worries with smartphones is the battery consumption. The fact that a smartphone uses battery if you work with it is quite clear. Therefore this consumption is to neglect - the more it is used, the more it uses and the shorter reaches the battery.

The main saving possibilities are therefore in standby.

DrainGuard should help you to watch the consumption in standby. Standby? The time between a ScreenOff and a ScreenOn. DrainGuard informs the user when turning the display on about the battery consumption. This is quite exact configurable, a 2-stage log file is provided if requested, when a too high drain occurs in standby the user is notified, some values can be displayed via minimalisticText widget.

The intelligence of DrainGuard - the special in it:
    It would be easy to indicate "only" the difference between ScreenOff and On and would also be not very expressively.

A small example:
    Take an average drain in standby of 1% / h.
    if you dont use the phone for 5 hours -> 5% of battery consumption
    If you use it now for 1h you get ex. +/-15% drain, in the next 1 hour of standby it DOES NOT use ONLY 1% as before, but approx. +/-3-4%. The battery needs apparently "to calm down" for some time again. Thats the 1st point of Drainguard. This "calming down" can be skipped.

Another problem of measurement are the short ScreenOn's. ex. "what's the time?" “have I missed a phone call / SMS?” or a short telephone call etc....
    These short breaks would interrupt the measurement which would not be necessary. The 2nd point of DrainGuard: these short ScreenOn's can also be skipped.

The result of the measurements will be shown via notifications or via toasts (the small popups in android) when the screen is turned back on.

Further Instructions and Infos on our Homepage: CLICK ME

The App is available as TRIAL (Free) version in market. TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.

TRIAL:
    Market-Link
    img.php

The PRO Key App is available for 0,89 EUR in market. Just install it and the TRIAL automatically becomes a FULL Version.

PRO Key:
    Market Link
    img.php

Please try the TRIAL Version until you are sure, it works properly on your device!!.

Edit:
    TRIAL APK uploaded to the Thread. It is not recommended to use this version because of no update notification on a new release via market. Only use this APK if you can not download it via market!

Edit2:

How to get a minimalistic Text widget work with DrainGuard?

1.) Please download ZIP from attachment section.
    2.) Then put the files in the ZIP to your SDCard into the folder "MinimalisticTextPreferences"
    3.) Create a minimalisticText Widget on your screen. 3x1
    4.) The settings will be opened, scroll down, press Restore(?) - its called "Wiederherstellen" in german
    5.) Select a preference ending with "-calc"
    6.) Repeat steps for all files in ZIP, so it will look like my screenshot.

Thats it. The widget should be updated after at least a minute.
    Purchased.
    Seemed to work for me. It might be in my head but I've been using this and Juice Defender ultimate and it seems to be making my battery last a million times longer. By that I mean going from about 8hrs to around 16 - 20 hours by cutting out draining apps
    Hi. I have the same problem
    :mad:

TRIAL Limitations: Only fully functionable from 100-70 % battery.
    I bought it just now to support you! I really like the effort people are putting into fixing battery issues and I really hope this will help me since I'm having huge battery issues myself.

So, thank you for working on this!
    Please post the trial apk in this thread.
    Updated OP.