Proximity sensor isn't working properly

Search This thread

M_Shaaban

Apr 5, 2011
I'm 100% stock. Android: 4.4, Sense: 5.5. Software number: 4.06.1540.3.

During the call either the screen remain on -no matter how I cover the proximity sensor, or it remain off -even if the phone in my hands. I tried using the "Calibrate G Sensor" option, it works sometimes for one call and then back again.

How can I fix this? I remember using an app years ago with an old phone that had better calibration and it worked.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

During the call either the screen remain on -no matter how I cover the proximity sensor, or it remain off -even if the phone in my hands. I tried using the "Calibrate G Sensor" option, it works sometimes for one call and then back again.

How can I fix this? I remember using an app years ago with an old phone that had better calibration and it worked.

Did you tested the sensor with the HTC Function test program? (dial *#*#3424#*#*) and confirm if its an hardware or software issue.

Btw you didn't updated your phone to 4.06.1540.4?

Reactions: M_Shaaban

M_Shaaban

Apr 5, 2011
Did you tested the sensor with the HTC Function test program? (dial *#*#3424#*#*) and confirm if its an hardware or software issue.

HTC function test says no hardware problem. Any other ideas to try?

I didn't receive such update. I'm on Dev Edition. Is it 4.4.4 update included? Could you please share the update download link?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

M_Shaaban

Apr 5, 2011
@alray
I just received the update notification now, and downloading it as we speak. Could you please provide me with the update URL? I like to keep the update.zip to my computer and I also like to extract recovery.img from it. As usual thanks a lot for your help @alray

Also for future reference, how to do I save the OTA update.zip that's being downloaded? Is there a way to grab the OTA update.zip URL to share? It was possible on my old Galaxy Nexus -I don't really remember how.

Any news on what's new with this update?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
@alray
I just received the update notification now, and downloading it as we speak. Could you please provide me with the update URL? I like to keep the update.zip to my computer and I also like to extract recovery.img from it. As usual thanks a lot for your help @alray

Also for future reference, how to do I save the OTA update.zip that's being downloaded? Is there a way to grab the OTA update.zip URL to share? It was possible on my old Galaxy Nexus -I don't really remember how.

Any news on what's new with this update?

unfortunately I don't have a download link for the file. You can pull the ota file from /sdcard/download irc, not sure.

The update brings android 4.4.2, cloud printing, some bluetooth enhancements, patched the SMS DOS vulnerability and removed flash player support.

M_Shaaban

Apr 5, 2011
unfortunately I don't have a download link for the file. You can pull the ota file from /sdcard/download irc, not sure.

The update brings android 4.4.2, cloud printing, some bluetooth enhancements, patched the SMS DOS vulnerability and removed flash player support.

I checked but it's not there. Do you have happen to have the recovery.img? I've already rooted and now I want to flash the stock recovery

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.