Rom Port du_hercules-4.4.4 KitKat Unofficial 07/04/14

Search This thread

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
I give you DU not my work just my port changed builders name to mine and changed device name to SGH-T989 and hercules thru out the rom except for bluetooth wich you can change yourself full credits goes to wantowan2 for building a great stable rom for the skyrocket

w48neVu.jpg

a8lKocT.png

- Facebook Sync Hack
- Expanded desktop
- Hot Reboot Option
- Ribbons (AOKP)
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Custom "BAMF" Theme engine
- Customizable power menu (Torch, Profiles, etc)
- Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
- Missed call breathing notifications
- App Ops access in Settings
- CM Powerwidget
- CM Profiles
- CM apps (Apollo, DSPManager, CMFileManager, etc)
- SlimROMs TRDS (built in theme in settings)
- SlimROMs Statusbar Clock options
- Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
- Halo from Paranoidandroid
- Halo bubble color changer
- Halo size changer
- Multi-user support
- Customizable Softkeys
- 24+ Battery options
- Network speed indicator in statusbar
- Koush Superuser
- Nav Bar customizations
- Host file switcher (ad-free switch)
- Build Propper
- Active Display (Moto X notifications)
- Wakelock blocker
- Suspend Actions (power saving mod)
- ListView Animations
- Custom System Animations
- Swipe to Switch in RC (toggle)
- Lockscreen Tint Color Mod
- Weather Panel
- Change lockscreen wallpaper
- OTA updates via DU Updater
- Custom BusyDialog
- Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
- Music/Halo toggle/tiles
- ScreenShot QuickTrash
- MIUI-like carrier in statusbar
- Much More, just look in Settings and ENJOY!!!

video recording not working but i have a working photophere that works flawless that i will be adding to my 2nd version

like most roms full wipe flash rom flash any 4.4x gapps and enjoy

ROM V1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8zjlnu3ci6f0ew/du_hercules-4.4.2-by_soundsofmath-OC-20140308-0422a.zip

ROM V2
http://180upload.com/ksebmiptevmp

Changelog 03/11/14
removed camera added working photophere camera
removed dsp manager added modded viper audio(Thanks to the guys at viper4android)
543409_545378615533820_1857812272_n.png

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
removed stock mms added stock customizable mms app with unlimited text without conversion and bigger picture size
added appdraw halo app
removed yellow icon torch added blue icon torch
removed yellow icon added blue icon email not gmail
added updated google calender
removed keyboard added kitkit emoji keyboard with swipe (works on most social media apps facebook etc)
added ringo pro for diffrent contacts text tones
added video caller id for diffrent contacts video tones
added our beloved SGH-T989 name to the bluetooth
removed launcher3 and nova launcher added modded google home launcher

ok people what ever you dont like on v2 just open both zips v1 and v2 side by side in winrar and remove and/or replace as you like by clicking and dragging and besides what i put in changelog everything else is the same as v1

heads up 4.4x gapps have calender, gmail, keyboard,android device manager etc wich were in the rom so you might want check and remove some of these atleast keyboard so you wont have 2 keyboards unless you like the google keyboard any questions feel free to hit me up im not a developer nor am i trying to portray one just figured sometimes you have to do things yourself shoutout to cl3kener soupysoup paul giles for helping me in the past and sometimes in the present and wantowan2 for building this awesome rom for the skyrocket peace!!!

lcd density hercules original 240 build prop

http://180upload.com/mrvwd1y4hitc

lcd density rom original 215 build prop
http://180upload.com/f41910lamcf0

Rom: 04/27/14
http://d-h.st/swg

We got featured on http://galaxys2root.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s2/dirty-unicorns-rom-for-t-mobile-galaxy-s2-sgh-t989/
that all of us keeping our beloved hercules alive thanks for the support this goes out to all of us on this thread enjoy

ok guys my sincere apologies for taking so long on the latest port to explain a lil i ported the one before this one and gave it to a few non complainers lol they were ok with it but i wasn't it booted up funny sometimes not at all for me atleast so thats why i didnt post it i know what i want and expect so thats what i try to put out but i know give you awesomeness im a beanstalk type Mod Edit by JJD but i might switch to this myself enjoy.

added Android L bootanimation everything else as is.

Rom: 7/4/14

http://d-h.st/6AO

XDA:DevDB Information
Rom Port du_hercules-4.4.4 Unofficial 07/04/14, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
soundsofmath, wantowan2, Cl3Kener
Source Code: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472921

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-10
Last Updated 2015-05-21

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
Nah I was testing for Paul the maintainer but he stopped then I ask the maintainer from the skyrocket thread can he build it for us and got no answer so I took it upon myself to port it thanks for the thumbs up I'm going to upload version 2 tommorow which is my personal version with working camera and modded viper audio, them able MMS app and emoji keyboard where the emoji works for Facebook and other social media apps againg thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
Hellkat's does bro could u use that as a base right an cam works out the gate n the greatest dev I kno did write a ABC tutorial for our device n please use his linaro toolchain n hit me up on g+

TEAMHELLDEVS
HELL? ?KERNEL
OKJ+GREENIFY=LAG?FREE ?CHET?

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
Yeah kener but linario is for building from source and I Dont build from source and as far as using hellkat for base I Dont port like that I use a different method but feel free to download v2 when I upload it and if the skyrocket dev used linario then this is linario I made no changes take a look at the du build in the skyrocket thread and I'm going to add you to g+

Reactions: hatememarkz

hatememarkz

Sep 24, 2012
tallahasseee
Yeah kener but linario is for building from source and I Dont build from source and as far as using hellkat for base I Dont port like that I use a different method but feel free to download v2 when I upload it and if the skyrocket dev used linario then this is linario I made no changes take a look at the du build in the skyrocket thread and I'm going to add you to g+

I wish someone would pikc up kernel support

TEAMHELLDEVS
HELL? ?KERNEL
OKJ+GREENIFY=LAG?FREE ?CHET?

Reactions: mkhtfld76

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Nah I was testing for Paul the maintainer but he stopped then I ask the maintainer from the skyrocket thread can he build it for us and got no answer so I took it upon myself to port it thanks for the thumbs up I'm going to upload version 2 tommorow which is my personal version with working camera and modded viper audio, them able MMS app and emoji keyboard where the emoji works for Facebook and other social media apps againg thanks

Good for you dude. I also asked about progress on this after testing and was ignored. I have noticed that is a pattern with some devs, if they don't have an answer or know how to fix what's wrong they just pretend it doesn't exist. I'm glad at least you decided to try and do something yourself.

I have always gone out of my way to respect what the devs do and understand they are not obligated to do anything in reality, but this business of just ignoring people and disappearing without even as much as saying "I'm moving on" or "I just don't know how to fix it, sorry" is becoming a pet peeve of mine. This is especially a problem in this forum. In the old Exhibit forums I was never used to that. BTW before somebody gets defensive I have donated to some of these same people who are doing this, so no guilt trips please. I try to do my part to show appreciation besides words.

x.0ni.x

Account currently disabled
Oct 13, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Good for you dude. I also asked about progress on this after testing and was ignored. I have noticed that is a pattern with some devs, if they don't have an answer or know how to fix what's wrong they just pretend it doesn't exist. I'm glad at least you decided to try and do something yourself.

I have always gone out of my way to respect what the devs do and understand they are not obligated to do anything in reality, but this business of just ignoring people and disappearing without even as much as saying "I'm moving on" or "I just don't know how to fix it, sorry" is becoming a pet peeve of mine. This is especially a problem in this forum. In the old Exhibit forums I was never used to that. BTW before somebody gets defensive I have donated to some of these same people who are doing this, so no guilt trips please. I try to do my part to show appreciation besides words.

Ditto to that brother. Alllll that.

Reactions: ArtfulDodger

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
I appreciated I always do my research and attempt stuff on my own as well before bodering the devs too call like yourself I appreciate what they do and know their not obligated that's why I give credit to cl3kener, soupysoup and Paul Giles cause they are straight forward and have helped me in the past again thanks give it a whirl its a great ROM I will be uploading v2 tommorrow which is my personal edited version peace!!!

x.0ni.x

Oct 13, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
This ROM?

Omg...toootally love this ROM! I hope you can keep giving us this port! I so hope they add split view to this! And the freaking camera?? IT ALL WORKS!! 720 annnnd 1080!! Flawless as of running almost 2 days now. Theme manager isn't on it yet but the HK xposed module takes care of that problem. Please please if possible keep the ports coming. Official or not this is a very clean and smooth ROM thus far. Thank you!:highfive:

Sent from my dirty herc running with unis ??????

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
Omg...toootally love this ROM! I hope you can keep giving us this port! I so hope they add split view to this! And the freaking camera?? IT ALL WORKS!! 720 annnnd 1080!! Flawless as of running almost 2 days now. Theme manager isn't on it yet but the HK xposed module takes care of that problem. Please please if possible keep the ports coming. Official or not this is a very clean and smooth ROM thus far. Thank you!:highfive:

Sent from my dirty herc running with unis ??????
I don't get why they didn't fix the SD card issue then, here @soundsofmath comes along and gets it done. Again, good job. May have to try this sometime although I need a break from ROM switches right now.

x.0ni.x

Oct 13, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
I don't get why they didn't fix the SD card issue then, here @soundsofmath comes along and gets it done. Again, good job. May have to try this sometime although I need a break from ROM switches right now.

My external SD has been broken since bk in November because of flashing 4.3 ROMs. Haven't found a fix for it but I'm fine with just 16 gigs for now. But i do believe sounds ported another cam to this. But he added a few things of his own. And artful this things pretty solid. And I've been tweaking this thing hard. And comes viper equipped. That's what sold me on this.

ArtfulDodger

Apr 2, 2012
Louisville
www.youtube.com
My external SD has been broken since bk in November because of flashing 4.3 ROMs. Haven't found a fix for it but I'm fine with just 16 gigs for now. But i do believe sounds ported another cam to this. But he added a few things of his own. And artful this things pretty solid. And I've been tweaking this thing hard. And comes viper equipped. That's what sold me on this.
The test version of official 4.4 DU could not read the internal storage oddly enough, external was fine. I'm just puzzled as to why that made them quit on it unless they thought it was due to lack of interest, IDK. Maybe they just said the hell with it.

Reactions: hatememarkz

soundsofmath

Aug 21, 2012
thanks

thanks for the support you guys im glad to see you guys like the rom as long as they update it i will update i will be posting a beanstalk with theme engine and a aosb that i believe has multi window in the next few days bare with me as im in pa and my internet is slow over here in ny its much faster but again thanks for your comments and support

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I give you DU not my work just my port changed builders name to mine and changed device name to SGH-T989 and hercules thru out the rom except for bluetooth wich you can change yourself full credits goes to wantowan2 for building a great stable rom for the skyrocket

w48neVu.jpg

a8lKocT.png

- Facebook Sync Hack
    - Expanded desktop
    - Hot Reboot Option
    - Ribbons (AOKP)
    - Customizable Quick Settings
    - Custom "BAMF" Theme engine
    - Customizable power menu (Torch, Profiles, etc)
    - Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    - Missed call breathing notifications
    - App Ops access in Settings
    - CM Powerwidget
    - CM Profiles
    - CM apps (Apollo, DSPManager, CMFileManager, etc)
    - SlimROMs TRDS (built in theme in settings)
    - SlimROMs Statusbar Clock options
    - Transparent Statusbar and NavBar Options
    - Halo from Paranoidandroid
    - Halo bubble color changer
    - Halo size changer
    - Multi-user support
    - Customizable Softkeys
    - 24+ Battery options
    - Network speed indicator in statusbar
    - Koush Superuser
    - Nav Bar customizations
    - Host file switcher (ad-free switch)
    - Build Propper
    - Active Display (Moto X notifications)
    - Wakelock blocker
    - Suspend Actions (power saving mod)
    - ListView Animations
    - Custom System Animations
    - Swipe to Switch in RC (toggle)
    - Lockscreen Tint Color Mod
    - Weather Panel
    - Change lockscreen wallpaper
    - OTA updates via DU Updater
    - Custom BusyDialog
    - Advanced Low Battery Indicator options
    - Music/Halo toggle/tiles
    - ScreenShot QuickTrash
    - MIUI-like carrier in statusbar
    - Much More, just look in Settings and ENJOY!!!

video recording not working but i have a working photophere that works flawless that i will be adding to my 2nd version

like most roms full wipe flash rom flash any 4.4x gapps and enjoy

ROM V1
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8zjlnu3ci6f0ew/du_hercules-4.4.2-by_soundsofmath-OC-20140308-0422a.zip

ROM V2
    http://180upload.com/ksebmiptevmp

Changelog 03/11/14
    removed camera added working photophere camera
    removed dsp manager added modded viper audio(Thanks to the guys at viper4android)
    543409_545378615533820_1857812272_n.png

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223
    removed stock mms added stock customizable mms app with unlimited text without conversion and bigger picture size
    added appdraw halo app
    removed yellow icon torch added blue icon torch
    removed yellow icon added blue icon email not gmail
    added updated google calender
    removed keyboard added kitkit emoji keyboard with swipe (works on most social media apps facebook etc)
    added ringo pro for diffrent contacts text tones
    added video caller id for diffrent contacts video tones
    added our beloved SGH-T989 name to the bluetooth
    removed launcher3 and nova launcher added modded google home launcher

ok people what ever you dont like on v2 just open both zips v1 and v2 side by side in winrar and remove and/or replace as you like by clicking and dragging and besides what i put in changelog everything else is the same as v1

heads up 4.4x gapps have calender, gmail, keyboard,android device manager etc wich were in the rom so you might want check and remove some of these atleast keyboard so you wont have 2 keyboards unless you like the google keyboard any questions feel free to hit me up im not a developer nor am i trying to portray one just figured sometimes you have to do things yourself shoutout to cl3kener soupysoup paul giles for helping me in the past and sometimes in the present and wantowan2 for building this awesome rom for the skyrocket peace!!!

lcd density hercules original 240 build prop

http://180upload.com/mrvwd1y4hitc

lcd density rom original 215 build prop
    http://180upload.com/f41910lamcf0

Rom: 04/27/14
    http://d-h.st/swg

We got featured on http://galaxys2root.com/t-mobile-galaxy-s2/dirty-unicorns-rom-for-t-mobile-galaxy-s2-sgh-t989/
    that all of us keeping our beloved hercules alive thanks for the support this goes out to all of us on this thread enjoy

ok guys my sincere apologies for taking so long on the latest port to explain a lil i ported the one before this one and gave it to a few non complainers lol they were ok with it but i wasn't it booted up funny sometimes not at all for me atleast so thats why i didnt post it i know what i want and expect so thats what i try to put out but i know give you awesomeness im a beanstalk type Mod Edit by JJD but i might switch to this myself enjoy.

added Android L bootanimation everything else as is.

Rom: 7/4/14

http://d-h.st/6AO

XDA:DevDB Information
    Rom Port du_hercules-4.4.4 Unofficial 07/04/14, ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II

Contributors
    soundsofmath, wantowan2, Cl3Kener
    Source Code: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2472921

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-03-10
    Last Updated 2015-05-21
    thanks

thanks for the support you guys im glad to see you guys like the rom as long as they update it i will update i will be posting a beanstalk with theme engine and a aosb that i believe has multi window in the next few days bare with me as im in pa and my internet is slow over here in ny its much faster but again thanks for your comments and support

Our rom just got featured great job people to all of us keeping this device alive

we have lift off houston we have no problem lol