Thanks Meter: 376

By pakidermo5000, Senior Member on 24th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th February 2014, 02:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Here is the seller I ordered from:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-...662316562.html

Like I said I got it for $490 shipped to the US. Remember, I know that sounds high compared to the $260 + s/h, but I am getting all the pieces and parts that make it intergrate into the rest of Audi (i.e. CAN-BUS, so the remote display between my speedometer and tachometer still shows radio info, direct steering wheel controls, etc)..

The seller has confirmed its the same unit as mentioned in the first post.

I should be able to comment on all items except screen in direct sun. My windows are tinted with 15% window tint on the side, and 50% tint on the windshield. I will try to roll down the windows and see what I can feedback on.
The Following User Says Thank You to webdude12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webdude12 Ad-Free

26th February 2014, 03:47 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankers

Which seller have you been dealing with ?

I've just received the tracking number for my shipment.....

this one
Seller: kaigele on alibaba

but it was for a standard 2 din unit not for audi or specific car.
26th February 2014, 08:19 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gs

this one
Seller: kaigele on alibaba

but it was for a standard 2 din unit not for audi or specific car.

Yes, they have ran out of units. I was also talking to him (kaigele) and they said that they have1 month delay.

Apparently they are selling a lot of units.

Maybe you can try other resellers like:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...672495589.html

or the one posted by @webdude12

However, I do recommend staying with kaigele. He is very responsive, seems to know about car stereos and speaks good english (with respect to alibaba and aliexpress standards..).
26th February 2014, 09:23 PM |#14  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pakidermo5000

Yes, they have ran out of units. I was also talking to him (kaigele) and they said that they have1 month delay.

Apparently they are selling a lot of units.

Maybe you can try other resellers like:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...672495589.html

or the one posted by @webdude12

However, I do recommend staying with kaigele. He is very responsive, seems to know about car stereos and speaks good english (with respect to alibaba and aliexpress standards..).

Green Point was very responsive to all my questions. Even knew what XDA was. His store is here: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/205122

Ask for a discount, my guess is you will get something. The nice thing about Green Point is he ships everything via FedEx, so no waiting weeks for the unit. He also claims that they bench test every unit before shipping to help eliminate DOA possibilities.
The Following User Says Thank You to webdude12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift webdude12 Ad-Free
1st March 2014, 06:29 AM |#15  

More
So FedEx has manage to loose my radio between Memphis and Nashville (4 Hour Drive). They show it being unloaded from a plane in Memphis, and loaded onto a truck that was headed to Nashville on Thursday. But it was never unloaded in Nashville. I have been on and off the phone with them all day today. Sad thing is today was my Birthday, and this was my present to myself. So I really wanted to play.

The vendor said that if its truely lost, they will get one out as soon as FedEx admits that. I want to go track down the truck driver that has my radio in his car. LOL
1st March 2014, 10:14 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdude12

So FedEx has manage to loose my radio between Memphis and Nashville (4 Hour Drive). They show it being unloaded from a plane in Memphis, and loaded onto a truck that was headed to Nashville on Thursday. But it was never unloaded in Nashville. I have been on and off the phone with them all day today. Sad thing is today was my Birthday, and this was my present to myself. So I really wanted to play.

The vendor said that if its truely lost, they will get one out as soon as FedEx admits that. I want to go track down the truck driver that has my radio in his car. LOL

S*** man, that sucks. I hope you can get your birthday present soon.
2nd March 2014, 03:49 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

I know what it's like when you're waiting for a shipment...then it disappears...wtf !
Should be easy enough to find the culprit with the tracking, but I don't suppose they will even try !

And I was looking forward to your review......
2nd March 2014, 10:57 PM |#18  
Flag Brampton

More
Quote:

WTF!!! How can this even happen?
I've been watching this and other Android stereo for some time now. I hope you catch the traitor driver, lol.
Seriously though, i hope things work out for you.
3rd March 2014, 05:14 AM |#19  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gangsta101

WTF!!! How can this even happen?

After talking with a supervisor the other day, they said that its possible and does happen sometime that as a trailer is being unloaded, a box will slide off the conveyor belt, and then accidentally get set to the side for manual sort later. Then it sometimes gets mis-placed during this process. He didnt know about Nashville, but the packages in most cities are not scanned as they come off the truck, but as they go through the sorting process in that warehouse. He was confident that they might find it Monday, but could make me no promises.
3rd March 2014, 09:27 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldta

And of course the adb drivers and other drivers.

Without knowing too much about android roms, seeing as we have the source code does that make it likely that it is possible someone would be able to build a custom rom for these devices?

Or would we still need to unlock the bootloader etc?
3rd March 2014, 10:06 AM |#21  

More
Quote:

After talking with a supervisor the other day, they said that its possible and does happen sometime that as a trailer is being unloaded, a box will slide off the conveyor belt, and then accidentally get set to the side for manual sort later. Then it sometimes gets mis-placed during this process. He didnt know about Nashville, but the packages in most cities are not scanned as they come off the truck, but as they go through the sorting process in that warehouse. He was confident that they might find it Monday, but could make me no promises.

I'm sorry, but I think you've seen the last of that.

Garth Brooke's is driving around with it in his car right now as we speak.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.2.2, android 4.4.4, autoradio, car dvd, rk3066

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)