Camera manual mode isn't really

Search This thread

damage98

Jun 29, 2012
Has anyone noticed that you can set iso in manual mode and then modify shutter speed and boom iso is set to auto again? How can I have need control? Love the size and weight of this phone but camera is kind of weak compared to s7.

cingolat

Dec 18, 2010
Firenze
Yes, I would like to adjust ISO and shutter speed togheter and separately, but as far as I know this is not possible. I hope they can adjust it in future release.....

Reactions: damage98

Thnikk

Nov 15, 2010
Manual Camera lets you adjust both of them independently, but you can only take pictures up to 8 mp. I'm really no too familiar with camera APIs and such (or photography for that matter) so I don't know if this has any implications, but I would say that picture quality is very similar otherwise. If you don't mind the resolution and price ($3) it's not too bad. Here's a comparison: Stock / Manual Camera

I would say the stock camera does a good job of setting the ISO on its own, but I understand the need for manual controls.

cingolat

Dec 18, 2010
Firenze
No it's not! Even in 3 mp if you set for example 50 iso and than set shutter speed to for example 1/50 and go back to setting...... voilà iso is in auto mode again

Thnikk

Nov 15, 2010
No it's not! Even in 3 mp if you set for example 50 iso and than set shutter speed to for example 1/50 and go back to setting...... voilà iso is in auto mode again

Manual Camera the app, not manual mode in the stock camera :p

Play Store

I also tried Camera FV-5 because I used it on my Nexus 4, and though it does support manual control of ISO and shutter speed (still with the same 8mp cap,) focus breaks completely when the shutter speed is set low which makes in unusable.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, I would like to adjust ISO and shutter speed togheter and separately, but as far as I know this is not possible. I hope they can adjust it in future release.....
    Manual Camera lets you adjust both of them independently, but you can only take pictures up to 8 mp. I'm really no too familiar with camera APIs and such (or photography for that matter) so I don't know if this has any implications, but I would say that picture quality is very similar otherwise. If you don't mind the resolution and price ($3) it's not too bad. Here's a comparison: Stock / Manual Camera

I would say the stock camera does a good job of setting the ISO on its own, but I understand the need for manual controls.

Manual Camera the app, not manual mode in the stock camera :p

Play Store

I also tried Camera FV-5 because I used it on my Nexus 4, and though it does support manual control of ISO and shutter speed (still with the same 8mp cap,) focus breaks completely when the shutter speed is set low which makes in unusable.