FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[WM Kitchen] OsKitchen Zero v1.33.5: The Easiest & Most Complete Kitchen (20/10/2010)

1,119 posts
Thanks Meter: 21

By airxtreme, Retired Recognized Developer on 6th February 2010, 12:15 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th March 2010, 09:40 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi,

Is UPX on EXT Packages working "at least in last version"? It just reach this in the log and nothing happens!!

>> Doing UPX on EXT directory

I thought it may take time but I really waited long and no progress

Edit:
One more thing, what the kitchen use to identify the build number? Example :%SYSBuild% ... I want to rename my ROM to include Build No. using the batch file

Thanks...

14th March 2010, 03:06 AM |#1012  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 19

More
module or file?
Maybe off topic but if inside a module file exists the dll (recmodded) file also (sometimes this happens after recmodding), then the kitchen cooks with the module or with the dll file?This happens inside my OEM drivers and OEM applics files.Does this affects the stability or the speed of the rom?
(I know that modules are quicker than files).

This kitchen works well in my omnia I900 but i would like to know the answer.

Should i delete the dll file?

Thanks!!
14th March 2010, 07:58 AM |#1013  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 1

More
OndraSterand airxtreme, how can I add my device (HTC Quartz) to devices list at first run (like first screen here)?
14th March 2010, 09:22 AM |#1014  
Flag Under His Wings
Thanks Meter: 765

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonn1981

Hi,

Is UPX on EXT Packages working "at least in last version"? It just reach this in the log and nothing happens!!

>> Doing UPX on EXT directory

I thought it may take time but I really waited long and no progress

Edit:
One more thing, what the kitchen use to identify the build number? Example :%SYSBuild% ... I want to rename my ROM to include Build No. using the batch file

Thanks...

I thoght it waz just me. UPX on EXT not working here also +1.
14th March 2010, 10:41 AM |#1015  
Flag Valkeakoski
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staxxthedan

I thoght it waz just me. UPX on EXT not working here also +1.

Same problem here.
14th March 2010, 05:13 PM |#1016  
Flag Covington, LA
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
I don't see as the UPX is that good of a option unless you can specify which ones you want to compress. There are some .exe that don't work well compressed and will cause you system to really slow down or be unstable.
14th March 2010, 05:17 PM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbbq

I don't see as the UPX is that good of a option unless you can specify which ones you want to compress. There are some .exe that don't work well compressed and will cause you system to really slow down or be unstable.

I would love to see an option like this. I am fairly sure manila doesnt play well with upx so it would be of great help to be able to go through and select which packages you want to upx.
14th March 2010, 09:56 PM |#1018  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgb-rgb

I really like the progress the Kitchen is making. Thanks for all of the hard you guys are putting in.

Confirmation number: 0UY02414BG3092459

Buy some coffee so you can stay up later. And work on this of course

Looking forward to future progress.

OMG!! Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Quote:

Okay, I have 2 suggestions.

1) after importing a new SYS, on the project settings tab and under the Windows Mobile Build, the two combo boxes there do not refresh to show the new build. Probably selecting the device again would refresh it, but I didn't check that first, I just shut down the kitchen and restarted it to show the new SYS build. Is there a way to get the combo boxes to refresh after importing the new SYS?

I'm already rewriting all the UI code from scratch to implement the new treeview and refresh. I think it'll be done by the end of next week.

Quote:

2) Since the New SYS Rollups have some of the packages for the EA and NonEA builds, would it be possible to select the correct packages to include based on the language code? In other words, have those packages checked or not checked based on the language code. The user could alwways go back and select or deselect those packages then.

That's what the "Automatically disable unneeded/incompatible localized SYS packages" is supposed to do but I still lack a list of the languages where EA/CS/AR stuff has to be applied. I hope I'll find out a way to get those informations from the MUIs so I can finish the feature.
14th March 2010, 10:00 PM |#1019  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsbbq

The next kitchen version will have a property dialog for SYS/OEM/EXT packages to allow selection of recmod and UPX (with an exclusion list for both). All the OEM/EXT packages will be left intact even during import, there will be no more automatic recmodding for older kernels since reversemodding doesn't always give a working module back.
15th March 2010, 08:34 AM |#1020  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 57

More
best kitchen ever .. any idea how to dump protect rom
15th March 2010, 09:04 AM |#1021  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by core7x

best kitchen ever .. any idea how to dump protect rom