[AOSPA 4.3 JLS36C] PARANOlDANDROID 3.99-RC2 (OCT20) | HALO | HYBRID | PIE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012
Camera has been fixed. I'll have a build out later tonight.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

So far only two gripes i have...sound is low and gps is slow. GPS worked, but couldnt keep up with me driving to where I was going at the posted speed limit. Hopefully these get solved soon.

I did try the newest Plasma Kernal to try and get the sound fixed....kept causing phone.com to keep force closing.

skw5115

Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Google Pixel 6 Pro
So far only two gripes i have...sound is low and gps is slow. GPS worked, but couldnt keep up with me driving to where I was going at the posted speed limit. Hopefully these get solved soon.

I did try the newest Plasma Kernal to try and get the sound fixed....kept causing phone.com to keep force closing.

If you're talking about the newest 4.3 release then the phone.com force close probably occurred because right now plasma kernel is built from 4.2.2 not 4.3...just an FYI lol

Sent from my SPH-l900 using Tapatalk 4

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012
Someone had told me to try that from here. I just reflashed the Rom and wiped cache and dalvic.

Just trying to get sound fixed. That's my only true problem..

PA Note 2

kamiller42

Jun 16, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Slick Rick, an easy test case for the TTS problem is to go to Settings /Accessibility and try and select the Google TTS provider and click the test button. Nothing is produced on mine. Pico works.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Slick Rick, an easy test case for the TTS problem is to go to Settings /Accessibility and try and select the Google TTS provider and click the test button. Nothing is produced on mine. Pico works.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

They need to fix the TTS bug where you don't get the notification sound when it is time to speak. That is very annoying if you use an app that utilizes that but you aren't looking at your phone and have to time it mentally when to speak.

d00b

Apr 12, 2008
I've been having really bad service with this ROM. Calls not going through, dropped calls, messages not going through, and not receiving calls.

I went back to stock MC2 and everything is working fine again. Has anyone been getting this issue?

I feel like going back to PA to test the connection again but I'll just wait till tomorrow.

Sideous

Dec 11, 2012
I've been having really bad service with this ROM. Calls not going through, dropped calls, messages not going through, and not receiving calls.

I went back to stock MC2 and everything is working fine again. Has anyone been getting this issue?

I feel like going back to PA to test the connection again but I'll just wait till tomorrow.

I haven't had any problems yet really.. I just switched from macks Rom using perseus kernel a few days ago.

Just waiting for the graphics redraw problems to be fixed. Notice it happens a lot when switching from portrait to landscape.

The camera is a little buggy but I know the newest upload that is soon to be posted fixes that.

Need a new kernel that st tweaks works with or this one to be made to work so can fix sound volumes.

I noticed the navigation on maps is not working properly.. I was driving g posted speed limit and wasn't getting my position correctly... Was slow.

PA Note 2

spycom773469

Apr 7, 2009
I haven't had any problems yet really.. I just switched from macks Rom using perseus kernel a few days ago.

Just waiting for the graphics redraw problems to be fixed. Notice it happens a lot when switching from portrait to landscape.

The camera is a little buggy but I know the newest upload that is soon to be posted fixes that.

Need a new kernel that st tweaks works with or this one to be made to work so can fix sound volumes.

I noticed the navigation on maps is not working properly.. I was driving g posted speed limit and wasn't getting my position correctly... Was slow.

PA Note 2

You know... That GPS not keeping up with you could be a graphical issue, not a GPS issue.
I use GPS everyday on my rides and the data is dead on.
Just a thought.

Also, RE: other posts... TTS has nothing to do with voice search... Separate issues. TTS works for me, make the language files are installed. I'm using the Google one, Pico works too though.

troy22

Jul 2, 2010
Im having a hard time getting play store to load on mobile data but wifi it works fine. Every other app works with mobile date. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

Natedog1

Mar 6, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Im having a hard time getting play store to load on mobile data but wifi it works fine. Every other app works with mobile date. Any ideas on how to fix this??

The only way I can get it to work is to go to settings and change the network to CDMA/evdo only. For some reason when CDMA + LTE evdo is checked it doesn't work.

Reactions: troy22

kendotelie

Aug 9, 2011
Yes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
ok...well i just tried to run the script and nothing happens.
Screenshot_2013-08-10-11-26-17.png

Hero_is_Over

Nov 5, 2012
Anyone know any tricks or tips to get 4g working if your having the issue with super slow connectivity? I'm unable to even speedtest or download anything. I'm currently on Xenon becuase its the only AOSP build that lets my 4g work recently. Was on CM from March til a few weeks ago and 4g was fine. I think when they reconstructed the LTE drivers that they borked something on certain devices as I have updated PRL and done all I can to get 4g to work. I love PA and would love to run it but currently no LTE is holding me back. Please advise if possible!! Thanks in advance!!

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
rom http://d-h.st/9Ig
gapps http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps/pa_gapps-full-4.3-20130808-signed.zip

Like I said above, camera and bt are fully working. No need to run the 80cfw script anymore and bt is working without any needed workarounds. I also picked some halo changes that should be making its way into the main branch. Also, CM is phasing out Advanced settings (device settings) http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/47451/ and will slowly be moving all options into sound, display settings, etc. So no options to disable touch key lights, increase audio, etc in this build. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts