[APP] Virtual d-pad (WVGA)

Search This thread

GLO

Jul 23, 2007
Sydney
That's an improvement, but I would vote for getting rid of the background entirely, and simply have the graphics consist of just the line-drawn arrows (so they're also transparent inside -- no fill). Make the alpha-blending of the graphics configurable.

This would make it very unobtrusive, and easy to use overlayed on the display. Here's what I have in mind:

attachment.php
attachment.php

The v-dpad can be moved on the screen by simply pressing and dragging any button.

Thanks more_pizza for the app,

I also think dwallersv suggestion would be a great update!

Brau0303

May 9, 2006
Near Cincinnati, OH
My 2 Cents

Thanks more_pizza for the app,

I also think dwallersv suggestion would be a great update!

+1 on this and an additional suggestion, make it a Tap, Hold (on the center), Then Drag. (Or possibly an action menu with move as an option) something like thiat may prevent un-intended movement actions during normal use.

Cheers, looks like a nice app, going to try this on my HD2.

BR

terminal 7

Jan 27, 2008
exeter, uk.
love it

hi,

Love this app, the only thing i would like is to skin it and have a small and large size option.

joystick - trackpad - D.pad - whichever is always useful, the HD2 hasnt got one and this certainly helps that situation in some apps.

assigning it to my long press call key button now !

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
WOW Awesome !!!!

This thing ive been waiting for forever ive tried many g sensor dpads and they dont cut it this is very cool and i just wish it was a tab it smaller im trying to play chips challenge on my tp2 and the top arrow is slightly cut off other wise its perfect thanks cant wait for further development :)

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
hi,

Love this app, the only thing i would like is to skin it and have a small and large size option.

joystick - trackpad - D.pad - whichever is always useful, the HD2 hasnt got one and this certainly helps that situation in some apps.

assigning it to my long press call key button now !

I would also like this and the option to change the transparency for certain older apps that go on top of everything
love this though this is not leaving my tp2 ever :)

atlaswing

Sep 16, 2007
Some ideas for improvement:

1. Settings panel to do the following:
a. Set the Dpad to appear by pressing or long pressing a Hardware key, or…
b. Set the Dpad to close/minimize to an icon in the task bar (maybe??!!...), when it’s not in use. By pressing the task bar icon, the Dpad would appear again. This option would be an alternative to option (a).... ...

^ that's where xTask comes in for devices like the HD & HD2 where there're no hardware buttons to spare.

I set the vdpad to an xTask shortcut, and can now recall vdpad in any program with xTask xHook taskbar icon shortcut

Thanks to xda frontpage taskmanager comparison, I just discovered xTask and am using it to replace wkTasks, and this is the perfect combination. e.g. for TCPMP on an HD2, i can now use xTask to pull up the vDpad for volume up down FFW RW etc.

link to xTask: http://www.xda-developers.com/windows-mobile/xtask-finger-friendly-and-powerful-task-manager/

ypsmav

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 10, 2009
EU
Dump of the Dpad (called Flexipad) from TG01

Thanks to arag0n85, the attached dump of the Flexipad.
You may use it for your development, specially the graphics, or maybe someone can create a cab from this that work on all Wvga devices.

khaeid

May 9, 2007
Berlin
www.hazem-mastering.com
great

I love it, maped it to "Volume down long press" button in my HD2, and when i don't want it i simply close it, ofcourse better graphics are more than welcomed, but is there another similar applications?

Riverplace

Nov 9, 2007
Hawaii
Thank You!

Thank you very much for this app! :) Count me as another vote for transparency.

I also love bkf1's idea for the arrows to be one line across the bottom. I'll be using this with an old scripture reader so the more of the text I can see the better. I"m looking forward to seeing if I can read the text through the arrows. I've got to keep up with the iPhone next to me at church!

This works on my HD2 and I'll be trying it out on my husbands Touch2 (QVGA).

duke911

Apr 11, 2005
SF Bay area
Man...this is very promising :D
I tried it on my HD2 (T mobile) and it works fine, but I see some dragging effect if used while another application is running
I tried with Kevtris, and it works really well, however, it did not work Worms World Party :(

take alook at this keypad (it's for Omnia 2)

keypad.png

original thread
http://www.samsung-omnia.org/software-development-b47/worms-world-party-keypad-emulator/

this one sadly does not work on the HD2 :(

it would be great if you can create such thing :cool:

Attachments

• Screen001.jpg
    Screen001.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some applications on my HD2 (like GPSTest) that works with the d-pad. I've developed a small application, a virtual d-pad, optimized for WVGA resolution.

The virtual d-pad can be moved on the screen and from my tests it's doing its job: it replaces the missing d-pad.

The application is at a very beginning stage, so please have mercy :)

If it will be interest for this app, I will continue to improve it.

This is a screenshot:
    vdpad.JPG

And here is the cab:
    View attachment vdpad.CAB

From the screenshot you can see seven areas: five for d-pad functions (up, down, left, right and return), one for application exit (the X-like area) and the last area for moving the window over the screen (the white arrow).

Your comments and suggestions are welcomed!

Version 0.2a:
    - the application stores the last position on the screen (Registry-based)
    - the application handles continuous pressing on the directional buttons and send messages accordingly.

Attached is the latest version:
    View attachment vdpad_v0.2.CAB
    Hi. frirends. Here is a QVGA version of VDPAD 0.2

enjoy..

thank more_pizza
    Thanks for this nifty little app! I made a few skins for myself and would like to share the with everyone. These are the first one's I've made for this app so be easy on me..I'm sure future skins will only get better. I'd really like to know what you guys think of them so I can make em better and maybe even get an idea or 2 for those future skins. Enjoy..

Oh yeah..Be sure to uninstall any previous versions, then install any of these or it"ll appear as you have 2 versions installed on your device.