FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
8th September 2012, 01:10 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Exclamation
well there is a scrolling of the cards issue i can't get rid of , so it's not entirely working
the search bar is like cut out of the cards section , and when you scroll with your finger , the cards are not attached to the search bar , and only the search bar scrolls up..... and thats the only thing it does for me , you can interact with the cards , but i always have to swipe away the top one to get to the next one.... anyone got a fix for it , let me know

8th September 2012, 07:09 AM |#102  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by molecula364

Winsuk, did you include working Google Now in next build?

Nope, that's a proprietary app from Google, and isn't allowed to be packaged with the ROM (CM got a notice from Google a few years ago, back when they packaged Google Apps in with ROMs)
This is half the reason why Google Apps have to be flashed separate (the other half to make it optional). Manufacturers who package them in the stock ROM have a licence to do so from Google

Quote:
Originally Posted by dust906

well there is a scrolling of the cards issue i can't get rid of , so it's not entirely working
the search bar is like cut out of the cards section , and when you scroll with your finger , the cards are not attached to the search bar , and only the search bar scrolls up..... and thats the only thing it does for me , you can interact with the cards , but i always have to swipe away the top one to get to the next one.... anyone got a fix for it , let me know

That's what I meant by "the Now app has some drawing issues"
It's a problem with the modded apk.. I've found another with this problem fixed from the gapps package linked here (not sure where he got it from though, or if he modded it)
Extracted apk download: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6g...TQ3U3ZxV2k2aEE
8th September 2012, 10:29 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Google Search
First Winsuk let me thank you for all your hard work in keeping this little phone alive. Its really amazing that we have JB while most of the high end new phones do not.

My experience with the latest September version is that it work great. Only minor issues have to do with the capacitive button back lights that you mention and that Google Search doesn't doesn't load, ether with the Google Search bar or with the search button. I searched the forum but couldn't find any reference to this. I flashed the small Google apps zip file that you recommended. I also looked for the Google Search app on the Playstore thinking there may be a new version, but none were listed.
9th September 2012, 03:44 AM |#104  

More
Google search works with winsuk's above post

Sent from my Liberty using xda app-developers app
9th September 2012, 12:51 PM |#105  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,272

More
There is a bug in your ROM making it unusable (at least for me). Everytime I want to start mobile internet, the system goes laggy until it crashes to the boot animation. I really need mobile internet (for example while on the bus), so this is preventing me from running your ROM as a daily. Maybe a clean install could help? Or should I change my SIM Card, as others did to solve the reboot problem? I don't know, because I am from Germany using the congstar network (it is part of t-mobile). Any ideas?
9th September 2012, 02:45 PM |#106  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

Everytime I want to start mobile internet, the system goes laggy until it crashes to the boot animation.

I haven't any problems with mobile network, 2G&3G work perfectly. I think you need a clean install with all wipes
9th September 2012, 03:24 PM |#107  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Aachen
Thanks Meter: 1,272

More
Ok, I'll try this later, when I've got some time left...

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium
9th September 2012, 07:36 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Still can't get get Google Search to work. I get a blank screen, after waiting I then hit the back key and then get an error message - Google Search not loading.

I flashed the Gapps in winsuk's last post over the Gapps that were already flashed. Should I start over and re-flash the ROM and gapps after a data reset?

9th September 2012, 08:03 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Format system partition (which will eliminate any old gapps), wipe both caches, then flash ROM and gapps. Won't require a data wipe if you do that. However if that isn't enough to solve your problem, then the next thing I'd try is wiping data as well.
9th September 2012, 11:13 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901

There is a bug in your ROM making it unusable (at least for me). Everytime I want to start mobile internet, the system goes laggy until it crashes to the boot animation. I really need mobile internet (for example while on the bus), so this is preventing me from running your ROM as a daily. Maybe a clean install could help? Or should I change my SIM Card, as others did to solve the reboot problem? I don't know, because I am from Germany using the congstar network (it is part of t-mobile). Any ideas?

Yea, try a data wipe. If its still not working, send me a logcat:
Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
logcat -c
logcat > /storage/sdcard0/logcat.txt
That will make it constantly sit there and capture it, so then you can hit the home button and do whatever to make it crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by yar2

Still can't get get Google Search to work. I get a blank screen, after waiting I then hit the back key and then get an error message - Google Search not loading.

I flashed the Gapps in winsuk's last post over the Gapps that were already flashed. Should I start over and re-flash the ROM and gapps after a data reset?

I didn't flash the other gapps package, I just extracted QuickSearchBox.apk out of it, and pushed it to the phone..
If the package is to big (blade ROMs resize the system partition because the base ROM can't even fit), whatever was being installed when it ran out of space will be incomplete and corrupt, and anything it tries to install after won't be there (as far as I know)
I haven't checked the size of their package, but if its even 1MB bigger, it won't fit with default partition sizes (free space on /system is 756KB with the ROM and the small gapps package I put together)
10th September 2012, 04:12 AM |#111  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

Yea, try a data wipe. If its still not working, send me a logcat:
Terminal Emulator:

Code:
su
logcat -c
logcat > /storage/sdcard0/logcat.txt
That will make it constantly sit there and capture it, so then you can hit the home button and do whatever to make it crash

I didn't flash the other gapps package, I just extracted QuickSearchBox.apk out of it, and pushed it to the phone..
If the package is to big (blade ROMs resize the system partition because the base ROM can't even fit), whatever was being installed when it ran out of space will be incomplete and corrupt, and anything it tries to install after won't be there (as far as I know)
I haven't checked the size of their package, but if its even 1MB bigger, it won't fit with default partition sizes (free space on /system is 756KB with the ROM and the small gapps package I put together)

you need to make sure the permissions are set by you , because they always change when replacing the apk... you have to make it
rw , r , r....... and nothing else

then it will work , and use root explorer
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)