[GUIDE] Step-by-step pictorial guide to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6

Search This thread

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
I can not for the life of me get this working!

Tried unlocking the C600 I bought off eBay both via the official Orange Developers thing (My IMEI is not recognised) and using the SDA Unlocker tool.
This says that my phone is not unlockable.

Anyone got any ideas?

Help! Please?!

I think there is a website to unlock orange device via IMEI, you need to use that

frem

Dec 31, 2005
Yep Great guide.

Worked flawlessly on my QTEK 8310 (code name : HTC Tornado-Noble)

Thanks for your work

grandmaster_b

Jul 2, 2007
Hi Karhoe excellent guide I have an idea for you though, you know all the reg edits or fixes for certain items in Andots PEE 6 release why not include them on this thread would save people crawling through the 67 68 page thread of the ROM :)
Just an idea :)

robincop deel 2

Jun 12, 2003
Rotterdam the Netherlands
Right click and save target as

Then it is a html file, which just opens in IE on the phone.

Is it correct that this should be xml? That if you rename to xml and then execute that it works?

The manual is GREAT. I did NOT format BINFS while I was afraid that this would make me loose the OS and without OS it becomes difficult to connect to AS to use the RomUpdate utility.
It worked perfectly fine without formatting.

Thanks! Robin

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Then it is a html file, which just opens in IE on the phone.

Is it correct that this should be xml? That if you rename to xml and then execute that it works?

The manual is GREAT. I did NOT format BINFS while I was afraid that this would make me loose the OS and without OS it becomes difficult to connect to AS to use the RomUpdate utility.
It worked perfectly fine without formatting.

Thanks! Robin
You need to format BINFS as it will clear more space. Save as .cab

W.O.P.R

Apr 2, 2007
Aurora, CO
karhoe,

Thanks for the thread. I have had to go back to my Tornado (TMobile USA SDA) from my Wizard (TMobile USA MDA) because the USB port on the Wizard busted. I had fixed it up with WM6 and all the extras so this thread for me wasn't so much about "how" to get WM6 on the SDA as it was getting the induvidual files for T9, GSM, Office, etc. I did read the entire thread however and I must say it is one of the better, if not best, tutorials I have seen. Very easy to read but technical at the same time.

Great work.

robincop deel 2

Jun 12, 2003
Rotterdam the Netherlands
Ok, that is clear also.

Then now the question, to which I did not know the answer and therefore did not format BINFS;
How, if your phone does not boot into the OS after format BINFS, can you connect to the phone using active sync? Active sync does not connect to a phone in bootloader status does it?

Thanks again, your answers are much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Robin

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
It will not say connected, you will just hear the USB sound, but make sure USB connection is enabled in AS option

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SPV Services is no longer supported. However there are alternate local methods that can do the same. Look up the link to my WM6 Tornado Kitchen in my signature. There is a dedicated procedure how to Super-CID your device. After this is done you can load any ROM (also kill your device if you take a wrong one).