FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
All of the modem images are signed so they should flash over anything in theory. Here's what we have for official updates so far: These files (except MFD) are generated using my new Build_ODIN script. It takes the previous signed NON-HLOS.bin and modem.bin files and patches them using code from the new OTA. So MH1 is patched from MFD, MH5 is patched from MH1, and so on.

I will update this thread as new OTA's come out.

Some people say to flash as PDA, others say to flash as Phone in ODIN.

MFD
MH1
MH5
MKG
ML4
NE3
NF3
NL3
OH2
OJ1
OK1
OL2
PA1
PB1
PC1
PD1
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 06:24 PM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL

All of the modem images are signed so they should flash over anything in theory. Here's what we have for official updates so far: These files (except MFD) are generated using my new Build_ODIN script. It takes the previous signed NON-HLOS.bin and modem.bin files and patches them using code from the new OTA. So MH1 is patched from MFD, MH5 is patched from MH1, and so on.

I will update this thread as new OTA's come out.

Some people say to flash as PDA, others say to flash as Phone in ODIN.

MFD
MH1
MH5

Trying to flash MH5 via PDA fails, and gives a "Unsupport dev_type" message on the phone. Via the Phone it simply fails without any details.
20th September 2013, 06:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,220

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chahk

Trying to flash MH5 via PDA fails, and gives a "Unsupport dev_type" message on the phone. Via the Phone it simply fails without any details.

Well that's depressing. So it seems you can't change the name of the files inside the tar file. Ok, I'll fix them. Thanks for letting me know. It'll be about 20 minutes and I'll have all new images and recovery thread updated.
The Following User Says Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free
20th September 2013, 06:44 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Links updated. Sorry about that!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 02:55 AM |#5  
Flag McAlester
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Is there a significant difference in the modems. I have yet to notice in my area, which is just HSPA.
21st September 2013, 05:00 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm not really sure. I haven't had any issues with any of the modems but I'm practically on top of a tower. I just like having them on hand in case we need them or for those on roms who don't want to deal with the trouble of OTA's can simply flash them.
21st September 2013, 06:19 AM |#7  
Flag McAlester
Thanks Meter: 557

More
True this. From my early skyrocket days, some claim that certain modems worked better in different areas than others. But there are too many variables to really see. Bandwidth, peak time, weather, solar flares, el nino, big foot, position of voyager, and quantum fluxuations in microwaves at the research station in antartica.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
21st September 2013, 04:35 PM |#8  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 232

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by occupational_hazard

True this. From my early skyrocket days, some claim that certain modems worked better in different areas than others. But there are too many variables to really see. Bandwidth, peak time, weather, solar flares, el nino, big foot, position of voyager, and quantum fluxuations in microwaves at the research station in antartica.

Yeah, but the MH5 is 4 more than MH1!!!
22nd September 2013, 08:05 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Are these modems only for original i9505G devices or should one flash these if running a GE rom on a standard i9505?
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to SSThing For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SSThing Ad-Free
22nd September 2013, 09:57 PM |#10  
Flag Honolulu, HI
Thanks Meter: 432

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSThing

Are these modems only for original i9505G devices or should one flash these if running a GE rom on a standard i9505?
Thanks

ONLY THE I9505G do not flash to the I9505

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)