FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.2 I9505GUEUBML4 Full Rooted Restore

3,418 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,220

By SamuriHL, Senior Member on 14th December 2013, 02:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
ML4 is released.

WARNING: Stop asking if you can flash this on other phones. You can NOT. It is meant for the I9505G ONLY. This is NOT a "rom". This is a system image for the I9505G. Flashing to any other phone will brick it.

Kernel Source:

http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...alue=GT-I9505G

OTA zip (must be sideloaded in stock recovery) [Thanks @EthanFirst for the link]:

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

Root method (does not overwrite stock recovery):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/tn...4_GPE_ROOT.zip

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Shamelessly stealing @MJHawaii instructions from this thread (THANK YOU):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2398217

(DISCLAIMER) Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I nor anyone else on this forum is responsible if you brick your phone, lose your job, or life as you know it ends. Make sure you fully Understand what you're doing before you do it. Modifying any phone comes with a risk.

INSTRUCTIONS:

WARNING: Please do not flash this if you're low on battery...go charge your phone!

o) Download the I9505GUEUBxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package from below
o) Make sure you have the USB Drivers installed and you have Odin 3.09 from below
o) Put your phone in download mode and connect it to USB:
-Disconnect the phone from USB
-Power OFF your phone
-Hold Volume Down, Home, and Power
-When the "WARNING!!!" screen comes up, release the buttons
-Volume up to enter download mode
-Connect the phone to USB
o) Open Odin
o) Click on AP, then select the I9505GUEUBxxx_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz package you downloaded
o) Odin will extract the tar md5 file from the gzip archive, and this will take a while...be patient
o) Once the tar md5 is loaded, make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )
o) Click Start and wait till it finishes flashing...your phone should reboot when it's done

NOTE: If your phone does not boot, then boot into stock recovery and Wipe Data Factory Reset.

DOWNLOADS:

ODIN 3.09

I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz

A GIANT thank you to @MJHawaii for helping me learn this process!!!
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free

14th December 2013, 07:32 PM |#2  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 529

More
You sir, are awesome as always! Thanks!
14th December 2013, 08:30 PM |#3  
Flag Orange County, CA
Thanks Meter: 36

More
What's the step for the root method zip? How to do I install that?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
14th December 2013, 09:21 PM |#4  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 417

More
You don't need to do any extra steps. Just ODIN the .tar file
I9505GUEUBML4_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz
and you are good to go. You will need to also ODIN the radio file and any custom recovery you want (I recommend CWM 6.0.4.4 as I am not sure the TWRP works for KK).
The Following User Says Thank You to wilbarger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wilbarger Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 09:55 PM |#5  
Flag Orange County, CA

More
If I use Odin I'm guessing it will wrote everything right?

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
14th December 2013, 10:01 PM |#6  
Flag Budd Lake
Thanks Meter: 85

More
i always forget. will Odin method wipe phone???

is there a way to flash without wipe???
14th December 2013, 10:14 PM |#7  
Flag USA

More
Yes, what you should end up with is the rooted software on your phone. You should have the stock recovery, and whatever radio you started out with. The latest radio can be located in a different thread here and a custom recovery can also be added. If you are not really comfortable doing this, go to the sticky and read and then read some more. You don't want to create problems for yourself.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Pretty sure that ODIN does not wipe your phone. Your success flashing without a wipe always depends what you are coming from. As long as you do a backup prior to flashing (to insure you have a working copy), you can always dirty flash and if it does not work, do a clean flash.
14th December 2013, 10:19 PM |#8  
Flag Orange County, CA

More
Isn't the new 4.4.2 update I9505GUEUCML4? Or is this the 4.4 Base and then I have to flash the OTA update which will keep the root?
14th December 2013, 10:27 PM |#9  
Flag USA

More
@SamuriHL can answer this. I don't want to speculate as to where this came from. It does show as 4.4.2 after install, but not sure what the source was.
14th December 2013, 10:42 PM |#10  
Flag Orange County, CA

More
EDIT: NWM... I'm an idiot
14th December 2013, 11:22 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,220

More
Sorry, been away most of the day. It's 4.4.2 from the OTA. Basically how this gets made is that I create signed boot, recovery, and modem files from the OTA zip, then I dd extract system img (which is why it's rooted since you have to root it to dd extract). Everything gets added to the ODIN tar md5 and then gzipped for size. You don't have to flash anything else. And it will not erase data.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SamuriHL For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SamuriHL Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)