599 posts
Thanks Meter: 669

By Cyb3rGlitch, Senior Member on 19th October 2012, 12:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th April 2016, 03:16 PM |#2061  
Flag Little Falls
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Can someone let me know what the Kcal driver does and if it's suggested to have it enabled even if I'm only using this app for auto brightness? I've googled and searched this thread and there is nothing I've found that explains its function. If it matters I use EXKM for RGB adjustments.
21st April 2016, 11:50 AM |#2062  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I realised that using the alternate overlay method Lux cannot manage sub-zero values (that is, the screen remains too bright in a dark room)
while every thing is OK with the default one ...

any hint?

thanks!

S.
17th May 2016, 08:47 AM |#2063  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
I have it set to adjust on wake up, but it takes a couple seconds how can I make it adjust quicker ?
18th May 2016, 06:41 AM |#2064  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Is there any way to make the lux smart move behave like the old auto mode? It likes to pick values somewhere between my day and night mode. I'd prefer it to be in day mode during the day, and night mode at night, and don't want to have to force it with tasker

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
2nd June 2016, 08:14 AM |#2065  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
I have kcal enabled and all works fine but astro mode does not work. With KCAL disabled astro mode works but i prefer kcal
9th June 2016, 05:26 AM |#2066  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the notification shade to match default Android ui? I love Lux but it just looks so weird being a different color than my other notifications. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to wwwryan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wwwryan Ad-Free
13th June 2016, 05:18 PM |#2067  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Unfortunately, Lux won't remove the original brightness slider on my Samsung S6 with Marshmallow/stock ROM. So I now have got 2 brightness sliders, which is, of course, a huge and ugly waste of place. Same problem here: http://bit.ly/25TdwKn

Any chance to remove the original slider? Root and Xposed are available. Any thoughts?

Best regards
Mick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	462
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	3781646  
13th June 2016, 06:47 PM |#2068  
Houston
Thanks Meter: 824

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerm

Unfortunately, Lux won't remove the original brightness slider on my Samsung S6 with Marshmallow/stock ROM. So I now have got 2 brightness sliders, which is, of course, a huge and ugly waste of place. Same problem here: http://bit.ly/25TdwKn

Any chance to remove the original slider? Root and Xposed are available. Any thoughts?

Best regards
Mick

Does your rom not have that option?

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-06-13-11-47-02.png
Views:	310
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	3781772  
13th June 2016, 08:22 PM |#2069  

More
No, unfortunately

There are not that many options for the notification panel for samsung s6 MM:

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk
28th June 2016, 09:32 PM |#2070  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerm

Best regards
Mick

Good lock allows disable slider, but you lose quick settings as well.
5th July 2016, 09:53 AM |#2071  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronCompNetSys

Good lock allows disable slider, but you lose quick settings as well.

I need quick settings daily, so this is not really an option.

Unfortunately Lux has turned out to be not very reliable. In particular, the screen stays dark very long too often when coming into bright light (yes, lux removed from app optimization etc.).

So I have dumped lux and went back to Samsung's auto-light settings for screen brightness with only 1 slider altogether. CF.Lumen's own settings for screen color at day/night are more customizable than those of Lux, so there is no loss in that direction as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)