{ROM} Hermes WWE WM6.5 OS 5.2.28205.5.3.3 SeaDragon 6.50 V2 UC [YouTube], by ansar

Search This thread

juvuk

Aug 5, 2010
thanks Ansar, this is a nice ROM.

I have a number of HTC gadgets as per my sig below - over the past few days, I discovered how to flash ROMs and they all have new up to date ROMs, it's just brilliant.

One question - why include the weather program on the home page? I have no idea what the codes are to show my location (London, England), and it's silly to go around showing New York, which is not really relevant to my daily life ....

Can I lose the weather program from the Today screen, alternatively, how would I get the weather for London, England?

thanks for your work,
rjstep3

go to Menu (while looking at the weather bit) enter location as London then update, it will change the location for you :)

rjstep3

Apr 4, 2008
London
go to Menu (while looking at the weather bit) enter location as London then update, it will change the location for you :)

oh no it won't - I wish it were that simple.

If I enter London, I think it is London Ontario that comes up, anyway, it is much hotter than here, so I know it is not the right London.

rjstep3

ansar.ath.gr

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

Many city locations are included in the provided CHomeWeather Location Database.txt file.

For London UK:

City Name = "London, UK" Location = "EUR|UK|UK001|LONDON" Country = "United Kingdom"

Regards, ansar.

ferdaus

Apr 23, 2009
What has amazed me is the battery on this device, much better than the TyTN II - and that after it had been in storage for a couple of years! it's also slightly lighter than the TyTN II.

rjstep3

Now that you've mentioned it, mine is having battery charging problem. I've bought a replacement battery (yeah, those cheap chinese made ones) but after a full charge, a few minutes of calls left me with less than 10%. Not sure if it's the hardware because I flashed it back to the factory rom.

I still use mine as a TV remote, as this is the one and only model with infra-red port available.

rjstep3

Apr 4, 2008
London
I think there's your answer - those cheap Chinese batteries are next to useless.

I got one for my laptop, it promised the same lifetime as my old one, but never did, and after a few months proved incapable of holding a full charge - it would go from 50% to 10% in a few minutes, useless and unreliable.

I have heard the same about phone batteries too.

rjstep3

Haxxal

Aug 15, 2010
Hi ansar first of great rom I've been using it for a week now and it is great, I'm using V2 but I have one issue for some reason my sound level goes really low and I can't quite work out whats causing it to happen, if I turn the phone off and on again it comes back to normal but then after a while it goes low again and I mean extremely low, I think it does it after I lock my phone and unlock again I'm not sure or if it's just random, I also tried disabling the WOWHD audio settings but no luck so far, just wondered if you knew what could be causing this?

Cheers

CzarnyRafal

Feb 13, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
hey!
Do you foresee to release a super lite version?
I love your ROM but i need more free RAM, I use only some apps from yours ROM.

I don`t need any visual upgrades... Only original from MS it would be great.

mignemi88

Sep 26, 2010
Hi ansar first of great rom I've been using it for a week now and it is great, I'm using V2 but I have one issue for some reason my sound level goes really low and I can't quite work out whats causing it to happen, if I turn the phone off and on again it comes back to normal but then after a while it goes low again and I mean extremely low, I think it does it after I lock my phone and unlock again I'm not sure or if it's just random, I also tried disabling the WOWHD audio settings but no luck so far, just wondered if you knew what could be causing this?

Cheers

Same problem for me, sound level become very very low after the first blackscreen...and media player library can't see memory card, even refreshing many times the library.If i want to open a music file i've got to use the search option.In some cases media player doesn't reproduce the full song and jumps to the next like if it was shuffle option enabled...i have installed this ROM on a tytn, very sad about this problems because you have made an awesome work with this ROM, perfectly working for the rest.Any suggestion for fixing it?
Best regards.

masterminds99

Jul 24, 2009
I am tempted

Ansar, rapidshare shows the links are expired. May I have any other link for download. I am using cingular 8525 and rom still factory fresh.
Thanks in advance. You may also mail me the link to kishorekvss@yahoo.co.in.

sahir_bukhari

Jan 30, 2010
Facing Problem in ROM

Hello Ansar,

I hope you will be fine. i have installed your ROM two days ago. but one problem is continuesly happening is that 2nd party on the phone call is unable to listen me. but when i restart the set or make soft reset then it remains OK for some time. plz help bcoz many users facing this problem.plz plz plz

masterminds99

Jul 24, 2009
Dear All, please provide any active links to Hard-SPL-V7.zip & V2

================================
PLEASE MAIL TO: mastermindss@gmail.com
Hello Ansar,
When trying to download the file the following mentioned is the error. That is what I have mentioned in my previous post above.

File not available
The following file is not available:

http: rapidshare.com files 411968058 RUU_Hermes_WWE_WM6.5.28205.MobileVista6.50SeaDragon_UC_YouTube_V2_by_ansar.zip67428 KB

The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons:

* The uploader deleted the file
* The file contained illegal contents and was deleted from our Abuse team
* The file is incorrect
* The file was uploaded through a free Account and reached the maximum number of downloads.

ansar.ath.gr

Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

A version with platform builder and less used ram will follow soon taking into account your reports.

I hope to have the device next week end.

As far as the broken links, it will be checked to see if it is so or a temporary pro.

Regards, ansar.

Last edited:

sahir_bukhari

Jan 30, 2010
Please also fix the call problem that i have mentioned in my previous post. thanking you and Waitnig anxiously as i m having problems during call recv and also when i make a call.

ansar.ath.gr

Jan 16, 2008
Hi,

Download links are (and were) ok, but downloading is still massive!

Regards, ansar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Due to wp7 projects there is no much spare time, but an 290xx udate will be created in near future

Regards, ansar
    I just downloaded this and so far I am liking it but...

Is there a way to switch the keyboard layout to cingular because my keys don't line up.

Also is there a way to remove the weather ap?

I need to find the comm manager with the full range of options including turning off 3g as well as data etc. The one that comes with it only does 3 things.

I also need to find the led flashlight ap

text messaging thing where it groups them all so you can view entire convo with someone like my old crc rom

and last I can't connect to my att internet for some reason

If anyone can help with any of these items I would greatly appreciate it.

to remove weather apps you can use Total Commander :)

for flashlight use Flashlite a VJCandelaLite ( VJCandela can be assigned to the key on your Universal Backlight by creating Following the key in your registry and copying the contents of over a similar entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Shell \ Keys \ 40C8] )

for keyboard use RescoKeyboard
    Good Luck :):)
    anyone share me the mediafire link . i can't download with rapid

you can try to download it from here
    Calls on mute after suspend mode

I still have a major issue about this rom. It is very fast and reliable, but sometimes when I make a call the microphone is mute. If I soft-reset the device, mic is normal again.

The problem occurs every time the device goes to suspend mode. This happens, by default, every 1 minute when the phone is not connected to the wall charger (or active sync usb). Any call I make after that is on mute, nobody can hear me.

If I soft-reset the device, everything goes back to normal until the phone goes to suspend again.

I tested that for a whole day. If I set the device to never turn off, mic is always ok. If I press power to force the device to suspend, the problem appears.

Does anybody have any idea on how to fix that?
    perhaps this link could help solve the problem on your device

I don't think so, this thread is about installing a clicking sound, nothing about microphone.

I installed the cab, just to see what is going to happen...

Anyway, I found a strange workaround. If my device goes to sleep mode, when it wakes up I press the voice command on the left of the phone and I don't have any mute problem. Strange...