Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2011, 01:48 AM |#21  
Flag nat
Thanks Meter: 82

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPPH1RE

I think this one alters the display driver of the lcd.. Image taken with phone camera will be the same with/without bravia. Even snapshot of home screen wouldn't make any different. The only way to notice the different is view an image without bravia, take another camera, snap the image on the screen, and then, do the same with bravia mod. Compare.

Just my 2cent..

the contrast actually looks slightly better on the bravia one, look at the light at the bottom right and the blacks on the bottoms of the flowers.

19th November 2011, 02:06 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordell507

the contrast actually looks slightly better on the bravia one, look at the light at the bottom right and the blacks on the bottoms of the flowers.

Still looks the same to me. Maybe it's just my eyes.

Edit: Copy the file and set all the permissions, still the same. Refer back to HD2 section on about this bravia mod, sorry but, it's just placebo. I'm not seeing any different.

Now, if only we can mess the saturation/hue/contrast of DHD display driver, it will be nice. Like a vibrant control on nvidia graphic card.
19th November 2011, 02:18 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1,677

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPPH1RE

Still looks the same to me. Maybe it's just my eyes.

I don't see a difference either. Maybe both of us have bad eyes, who knows..
19th November 2011, 02:24 AM |#24  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 915

More
Bravia Engine doesn't do that much much. I've got a Neo, has it on board, hardly ever notice it.

The only thing it does is improve things (images and movies) you watch in the Android Gallery slightly. It increases the contrast, and fixes the colors. It looks really good on some images, makes other images slightly worse. The best improvement is for video, and does (as far as I know) have effect on every video that uses the built-in player (so not Youtube, but when you click a video link in the browser it should, for example).

The effect can be seen very clearly on in-phone screenshots. Open each image in a new tab and then switch between the tabs to really see the difference. Example of http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/d.../symbolic.html:

with Bravia Engine <-> without Bravia Engine

Another example:

With Bravia Engine (above), without Bravia Engine (below)

Again, as you can see, it's mainly the colours that are just so much better, like.no.other if you know what I mean :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambroos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ambroos Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 02:44 AM |#25  
i just took a before and after and noticed a massive difference.

Before:

After:

Taken 10 mins apart.
The Following User Says Thank You to miffymiffy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miffymiffy Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 02:47 AM |#26  
Flag Leuven / Sint-Truiden
Thanks Meter: 915

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miffymiffy

i just took a before and after and noticed a massive difference.
*snipimgs*

Taken 10 mins apart.

Think you confused software with weather there :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Ambroos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ambroos Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 02:52 AM |#27  
Flag I'm Up There Eh?
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambroos

Think you confused software with weather there :P

Yeah, looks like a cloud must've been covering the sun in the first one xD I'm noticing sharper photos with the engine on both my HD2 and Desire HD.
19th November 2011, 05:37 AM |#28  
Flag Ljubljana
Thanks Meter: 253

More
the thing is, BRAVIA ENGINE is designed to work on phone, when viewing photos/movies and not when taking pictures because image will stay the same, but if u put together 2 DHDs (one with bravia and one without), you can notice a difference when viewing the same photo.

I will attach some photos soon
19th November 2011, 06:43 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Basically its a screen tweak! Not a camera tweak!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
19th November 2011, 09:19 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 4,374

Donate to Me
More
The engine improve the on-phone quality! So if we want see differences we need to look on the phone's screen! (Like in gallery or a divx on phone)
The Following User Says Thank You to XxXPachaXxX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift XxXPachaXxX Ad-Free
19th November 2011, 09:29 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Could you also please make a flashable zip for Android Revolution HD 6.1.x?

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)