FORUMS

Any lost or stolen app that also blocks hard reset?

1,634 posts
Thanks Meter: 475

By g2uzer, Senior Member on 6th July 2012, 10:59 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
I found a few apps that tracks your phone down or even takes pictures of the person trying to unlock it, but like the title says, is there any app that blocks hard reset? It's kind of pointless if your phone gets stolen if they can just shut the phone off and do a hard reset to it and sign in with there email,
Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
6th July 2012, 11:08 PM |#2  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 130

More
I guess in theory you could place an app like Seekdroid in the system folder and then do a hard reset. Usually a hard reset won't affect system apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnnyutah22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift johnnyutah22 Ad-Free
6th July 2012, 11:18 PM |#3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2uzer

I found a few apps that tracks your phone down or even takes pictures of the person trying to unlock it, but like the title says, is there any app that blocks hard reset? It's kind of pointless if your phone gets stolen if they can just shut the phone off and do a hard reset to it and sign in with there email,

you can't really avoid physical maneuvers. and anything baked into the phone's startup has to be a modification to the actual ROM. so no.
The Following User Says Thank You to dLo GSR For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dLo GSR Ad-Free
7th July 2012, 12:48 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dLo GSR

you can't really avoid physical maneuvers. and anything baked into the phone's startup has to be a modification to the actual ROM. so no.

I didn't think so, but wanted to make sure lol, thanks

7th July 2012, 03:00 AM |#5  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 79

More
whats the name of the one you found that takes pics of thief, that sounds badass
7th July 2012, 03:39 AM |#6  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 120

Donate to Me
More
Use Cerberus that app does everything that ur talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caulton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift caulton Ad-Free
7th July 2012, 04:25 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x_SCOS_x_ELITE

whats the name of the one you found that takes pics of thief, that sounds badass

Cerberus app in Google play

7th July 2012, 03:29 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caulton

Use Cerberus that app does everything that ur talking about

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Thanks
I missed the part were it said that you could set it to were the only way they can un install it is by flashing a different ROM,,but that setting is for rooted phones,I'm completely stock and not sure if I want to root this phone,

7th July 2012, 03:40 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
You should root the phone it will change your life. Plus its so easy even a cave man can do it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
7th July 2012, 04:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Check out Android Lost, it does alot of those things as well. Relies on push messaging too, so its very light. You can take a picture on demand, turn on GPS and get location, download texts/emails, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to jiggytom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jiggytom Ad-Free
7th July 2012, 06:20 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjr2010

You should root the phone it will change your life. Plus its so easy even a cave man can do it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Yea, I've rooted all my previous phones and yea I've like them a lot more, but for some reason I'm not sure to root this particular one lol

Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread