[APP] Root Call Blocker - need some feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
If you say so. But clicking/unclicking Enable Blocking did nothing to trigger a response from SU. Not to mention, prior to the recovery, it worked just fine. Hitting the "reset telephony option" changed that.

But hey, if you don't want people trying to help you with YOUR bad programming (for free no less), that's on you. There's other apps in the market that don't have this issue and do the same thing.

Whoa there... for one thing, there's only one other app that can do what this one does, and we make that as well.

Your assumption that RCB not having root after whatever you did with the device recovery is somehow RCBs fault is a classic user error.

This kind of thing happens all the time. Nothing to do with my - by the way excellent - programming skills.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
I have tried other ROMs and even a stock build. I've cleared cache, etc. but am still unable to get anything to show when I open it. Unfortunately I have tried everything I can think of to get logs but have been unsuccessful. When I first install it there is no problems other than having trouble getting root at first. Not sure if logs from that stage will help since the issue doesn't occur till I set up hidden mode.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

The is a simple way to get the logs. Install Call Master - its free in my sig - and then replicate your issue in RCB, once you can't get in, open CM and send logs through that. The daemon is shared between the apps, so the logs will work :)

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
If you say so. But clicking/unclicking Enable Blocking did nothing to trigger a response from SU. Not to mention, prior to the recovery, it worked just fine. Hitting the "reset telephony option" changed that.

But hey, if you don't want people trying to help you with YOUR bad programming (for free no less), that's on you. There's other apps in the market that don't have this issue and do the same thing.

You little smegger. Why? Why are some people just such so damn inadequate? Heres the market comment:

XNine - August 24, 2012 - HTC One X
Garbage
Requires root, but doesn't work when you allow root access through SU. Dev thinks he's high and mighty. STAY CLEAR! try call blacklist instead. No root, free, and it works, unlike root call blocker.
So - a petty, vindictive, childish liar.

Anyway, in the interests of fair play, heres a link to the wonderful Call Black List, an app constructed by the gods themselves:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rajesh.call.blackList&hl=en

Im sure im going to lose thousands of customers to that awesome design and quality programming.

So what im saying is the bit at 2:23

Anyway, thats enough hung over saturday morning rant. I just had to get it out there you know.

Last edited:

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
No lies. Your product doesn't work. And I have every right to inform people of such. Tried it on 3 ROM's and only once did it ever work over those. Your attitude toward someone trying to help you resolve the issues people are having was childish and asinine, so you reap what you sew.

Edit: And your attitude against another developer shows just how short-sighted you are, not to mention, that's the wrong app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS52bGFkbGVlLmVhc3libGFja2xpc3QiXQ..

Works. Yours doesn't. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
No lies. Your product doesn't work. And I have every right to inform people of such. Tried it on 3 ROM's and only once did it ever work over those. Your attitude toward someone trying to help you resolve the issues people are having was childish and asinine, so you reap what you sew.

Edit: And your attitude against another developer shows just how short-sighted you are, not to mention, that's the wrong app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...SwxLDEsImNvbS52bGFkbGVlLmVhc3libGFja2xpc3QiXQ..

Are you saying you're a developer? I don't believe you. Any half-wit dev would check the su binary for root rights before claiming something doesnt work

When you restore from a recovery or from titanium or whatever and don't see the app having root access, that is your problem. As ive already said like five times while you were feeling sorry for yourself - its a CLASSIC USER ERROR.

Shame on you, you lying lair.

Last edited:

thcue

Are you saying you're a developer? I don't believe you. Any half-wit dev would check the su binary for root rights before claiming something doesnt work

When you restore from a recovery or from titanium or whatever and don't see the app having root access, that is your problem. As ive already said like five times while you were feeling sorry for yourself - its a CLASSIC USER ERROR.

It's working great for me man keep up the great work the other apps I bought are crap compared to this one hands down!

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL

After you gave the app root permissions did it behave as advertised? If it does I think you should apologize..

Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: ftgg99

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Yes thanks guys, but thats enough. Let him use his inferior software or whatever. Its just a pity that the market comment will mislead others.

By the way, app is on sale at half price for another 32 hours :)

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
After you gave the app root permissions did it behave as advertised? If it does I think you should apologize..

Sent from my HTC One X

Nope, it sure didn't. And that's what I was trying to tell him, but instead he got all defensive and then accused me of not "clicking enable blocking." Of course, I did, but he's too stupid to comprehend what I actually wrote, instead, pointing fingers at me saying it was my fault for it not working. I won't apologize and the review will stay.

You're so full of yourself. I figured out that it wasn't in the listed apps under SU myself, like I told you. If you could actually read, instead of making smart ass comments when someone is trying to help you figure out what's wrong with YOUR app, then you wouldn't have incurred a bad review. I would have been willing to work out the issue (that still persisted after SU was granted, AND after a complete SD/system/cache wipe and new ROM.) But no, you had to act like a jackass.

Last edited:

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Nope, it sure didn't. And that's what I was trying to tell him, but instead he got all defensive and then accused me of not "clicking enable blocking." Of course, I did, but he's too stupid to comprehend what I actually wrote, instead, pointing fingers at me saying it was my fault for it not working. I won't apologize and the review will stay.

You're so full of yourself. I figured out that it wasn't in the listed apps under SU myself, like I told you. If you could actually read, instead of making smart ass comments when someone is trying to help you figure out what's wrong with YOUR app, then you wouldn't have incurred a bad review. I would have been willing to work out the issue (that still persisted after SU was granted, AND after a complete SD/system/cache wipe and new ROM.) But no, you had to act like a jackass.

As ive already said, a lying liar. In the ignore list you go.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
You're not being trolled. Just ignore him, he's not worth the trouble.

nooomoto

Sep 22, 2010
Miami, FL

It works fine. I've been using it on multiple devices since it came out. Works fine on my One XL. Stop being a ****.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
You're right, it works SO well :rolleyes:

Here's some screens for ya I took today, after I did a fresh CleanRom install last night.

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-24-25.png

See the missed call? 3:23PM. Screenshot taken at 3:24PM LEt's see if it was blocked....

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-23-57.png

Do you see it logged here? No? Is it because Logging isn't enabled? No, it was, as seen below.

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-25-29.png

So, I'm not being a ****, it doesn't work. And yes, it's listed in SuperSU as having root access. So, am I lying? No. It doesn't work. Not that hard to understand. If it works fine for you, good for you! The point is, it's not working, and thus why I tried informing the dev of this. Again, had he been cordial and tried to work with me to figure out why, then this whole thing could have been avoided. Not my fault his ego outweighs his desire for another customer.

ftgg99

Mar 20, 2010
Look mate, im only going to talk to you one more time. I want nothing to do with you after this.

And here is what you have to do:

Uninstall
Reboot
Install
Grant root

Get over yourself.

Last edited:

sindroidx

Apr 3, 2012
You're right, it works SO well :rolleyes:

Here's some screens for ya I took today, after I did a fresh CleanRom install last night.

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-24-25.png

See the missed call? 3:23PM. Screenshot taken at 3:24PM LEt's see if it was blocked....

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-23-57.png

Do you see it logged here? No? Is it because Logging isn't enabled? No, it was, as seen below.

Screenshot_2012-08-27-15-25-29.png

So, I'm not being a ****, it doesn't work. And yes, it's listed in SuperSU as having root access. So, am I lying? No. It doesn't work. Not that hard to understand. If it works fine for you, good for you! The point is, it's not working, and thus why I tried informing the dev of this. Again, had he been cordial and tried to work with me to figure out why, then this whole thing could have been avoided. Not my fault his ego outweighs his desire for another customer.

Those screenshots don't show if you blocked private/unknown numbers or not... Just shows that you turned it on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It's working great for me man keep up the great work the other apps I bought are crap compared to this one hands down!
    Hi guys, Im the dev of Root Call Blocker, a powerful blocking solution. There have been a few reports of people experiencing issues with the data connection on the X, which i dont have.

Could someone please let me know if this is indeed the case?

If you do find an issue please follow this procedure:

- as soon as you spot the radio without a data connection (not after a call) send logs through the "Write to us" item in Settings
    - once youve sent the report, try using the Debugging tools found in settings
    - if the tools do not help, please send another report - this will still help me track issues

Thanks in advance, PR after the break

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Root Call Blocker - the only truly functional call filter

Feeling paranoid? Need privacy? Discretion? Enter Root Call Blocker, the only true call firewall available on Android.

Unlike all other call blocking apps, Root Call Blocker silently blocks calls at a system level. You need not even know its working.

Supported languages: English, Español, Français, Deutsch, Italiano, Ελληνικά, Português, Magyar, Pyccĸий, Українська.

If you want to help translate, visit http://bit.ly/wCgD4j

Advantages:

- A call will never go through
    - Your phone never rings
    - Reject calls from anyone, including restricted numbers
    - Wildcards block groups of callers
    - Keep blocked calls and messages hidden
    - Five reject methods, including "Don't answer"
    - Per-number logging

Features:

- Multiple profiles
    - Groups integration
    - Exceptions
    - SMS auto-replies
    - Toggle widget
    - Scheduling
    - Logging
    - In-app replies
    - Persistent and event notifications
    - Customizable vibrate notifications
    - Export from hidden logs
    - Low profile
    - And much, much more

Debugging

Please follow the instructions in the app's Settings menu to send us logs of your error. Reproduce the error, then send the log.

Market link:

https://market.android.com/details?id=fahrbot.apps.rootcallblocker.beta&feature=search_result

The Trial allows you to block one ITEM. You can use Groups to block multiple contacts.

Screens:

I had it on the original One X, if you remember there were some issues with RCB in the early days of that device. I recently have moved over to the One XL and have had no issues at all with RCB.

I'm running CleanROM Dev Beta 4.5

Perhaps the problems people are having has to do with the new AT&T OTA?

Fixed issue that lead to intermittent blocking on JB and CM10
    It cost to much why be greedy ? Over £4 dont think so