FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**What phone should I buy next?** -- Not sure what device to buy? Ask here!

14,560 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,276

By KidCarter93, Retired Forum Moderator on 22nd August 2012, 12:26 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th December 2019, 07:10 PM |#11891  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hard choice
Hi guys,
My LG G6 is... well i need a new phone! My first idea is of course the MI9TPRO, which i could find around 330€

But then i've seen that the LG g8s would cost like 30€ more. They both have a nice snapdragon 855, i was thinking that the LG
being a bit "flagshippy" could have a bit better overall build quality and is waterproof (but battery is bit smaller).

Now... it's hard for me. I still hate LG since Nexus 5x, i had it and got the infamous bootloop and they refused to repair it back then.
I switched then to LG g6 only because at the moment back then it was a good choice for my budget.
and now... look again like that? or should i go with xiaomi this time?

i need to decide before christmas.
I hope to hear some advice from you, thanks in advance
9th December 2019, 11:46 PM |#11892  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsoftware

Hi guys,
My LG G6 is... well i need a new phone! My first idea is of course the MI9TPRO, which i could find around 330€

But then i've seen that the LG g8s would cost like 30€ more. They both have a nice snapdragon 855, i was thinking that the LG
being a bit "flagshippy" could have a bit better overall build quality and is waterproof (but battery is bit smaller).

Now... it's hard for me. I still hate LG since Nexus 5x, i had it and got the infamous bootloop and they refused to repair it back then.
I switched then to LG g6 only because at the moment back then it was a good choice for my budget.

Did the g6 have hardware failure too?
10th December 2019, 12:31 AM |#11893  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350Rocket

Did the g6 have hardware failure too?

actually not. only front glass has some cracks and phone is quite slow right now.
10th December 2019, 01:28 AM |#11894  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsoftware

Hi guys,

And you ve tried custom roms, kernels, overclocking your phone? Seems is quite supported. Also, search FDE. Ai as well. Works wonder on my Samsung S6
10th December 2019, 02:53 AM |#11895  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hello with next phone
Hey everyone! Could use your help. I'm looking for:

-HDR screen for steaming Netflix, Prime, Disney+
-90hz or higher refresh rate
-Headphone jack
-T-Mobile US compatibility

Budget $600 or less USD.

Having a hard time finding one that checks all the boxes. Thanks!
10th December 2019, 02:22 PM |#11896  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Have asked a while ago but at that time my phone was working without any issues. But last week it fell down from very height, now it's usable but to replace it's parts it cost a bit lot.

So now planning to buy a new one. My requirements are:

- price around $350 (₹25,000)
- new or last year released one (pre owned)
- should have enough stable custom ROM support
- won't mind if it has notch
- AMOLED screen (haven't used any, that's why)

I also want to know which phone or band is most popular among custom ROM developers?
11th December 2019, 03:16 AM |#11897  
Thanks Meter: 238

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raresh T

And you ve tried custom roms, kernels, overclocking your phone? Seems is quite supported. Also, search FDE. Ai as well. Works wonder on my Samsung S6

I had an s6 over 2 years ago and a custom rom based on TouchWiz did wonders for it. It ran faster, had better features and was very stable. It changed my opinion on Samsung. Unfortunately the Canadian variant of the s8 I had after the s6 was completely unrootable so I switched to phones that didn't need rooting or custom roms (OnePlus 5 and pixel XL) but could easily be unlocked when support ends and custom roms are the only option.
11th December 2019, 06:23 AM |#11898  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyonsv

Have asked a while ago but at that time my phone was working without any issues. But last week it fell down from very height, now it's usable but to replace it's parts it cost a bit lot.

So now planning to buy a new one. My requirements are:

- price around $350 (₹25,000)
- new or last year released one (pre owned)
- should have enough stable custom ROM support
- won't mind if it has notch
- AMOLED screen (haven't used any, that's why)

I also want to know which phone or band is most popular among custom ROM developers?

Try the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. Seems quite promising. Or if you want even more features, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro launches this December with some interesting specs.
11th December 2019, 07:49 AM |#11899  

More
Quote:

Try the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. Seems quite promising. Or if you want even more features, the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro launches this December with some interesting specs.

Thanks for the reply. But I couldn't find any custom ROM for Note 8 Pro and I also doubt the Note 10 Pro. What about 6T now? Is it a good or bad choice?
11th December 2019, 04:29 PM |#11900  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niyonsv

Thanks for the reply. But I couldn't find any custom ROM for Note 8 Pro and I also doubt the Note 10 Pro. What about 6T now? Is it a good or bad choice?

Mate, the Note 8 Pro is praised a lot on youtube. Some even call it the best phone of the year. Of course it doesnt have a custom rom yet, the phone has barely been 2 months out. What do you expect ? Two months and it already has twrp and root guides. I can bet there are gonna be some roms surely in February at least. Xiaomi has a nice relationship with developers after all.

Even the Oneplus 6T, launched in october 2018, had the first roms in december 2018 - january 2019.
11th December 2019, 07:26 PM |#11901  

More
Quote:

Mate, the Note 8 Pro is praised a lot on youtube. Some even call it the best phone of the year. Of course it doesnt have a custom rom yet, the phone has barely been 2 months out. What do you expect ? Two months and it already has twrp and root guides. I can bet there are gonna be some roms surely in February at least. Xiaomi has a nice relationship with developers after all.

Even the Oneplus 6T, launched in october 2018, had the first roms in december 2018 - january 2019.

Sorry mate, I thought Note 8 was released a long ago. I bought one Note 7 Pro very long ago and at that time I read some news on 8 Pro, so I thought 8 Pro is an old one. I just checked the Note 7 Pro's ROMs thread and found too many official ROM releases. That's a great.

I just read the features of Note 8 Pro and it is a very impressive phone. But two things I dislike is that the processor is MediaTek (why they choose this one instead of 730 or something?) and the display is IPS, not an AMOLED.
The Following User Says Thank You to niyonsv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift niyonsv Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
device, new device, new phone, phone, tablet, what to buy, what to choose

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)