1,009 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By Da9L, Senior Member on 29th September 2008, 05:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th October 2008, 08:24 PM |#11  
Flag dev>null
Thanks Meter: 27

More
G1 is still in limited quantity. Must wait some time for rom dump tools.

8th October 2008, 06:34 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile Found A Dump File!!!!!!!!!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=448

http://groups.google.com/group/andro...2a02f26a?hl=en
8th October 2008, 08:14 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More

I dont think this is wat we are looking for...
Its already a year old, and its not a dump from the G1 but 1 from the emulator...
10th October 2008, 04:54 PM |#14  

More
Guys, I am a T-Mobile employee and I went to the event in New York. Its not surprising for somebody to have the phone right now, but luckily somebody who reads the forums haves one!!

I used to follow the Kaisers ROM development until I sold it. Now I have the G1
I will gladly dump the rom and help this community if somebody told me how to do so.

Reply to this message and please send me a email to [email protected] with instructions on how to do it and I will do it tonight EST after work.

Thanks!
10th October 2008, 08:16 PM |#15  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondf13

Guys, I am a T-Mobile employee and I went to the event in New York. Its not surprising for somebody to have the phone right now, but luckily somebody who reads the forums haves one!!

I used to follow the Kaisers ROM development until I sold it. Now I have the G1
I will gladly dump the rom and help this community if somebody told me how to do so.

Reply to this message and please send me a email to [email protected] with instructions on how to do it and I will do it tonight EST after work.

Thanks!

I think if you ues the ADB tool in the android SDK it should be
Code:
adb shell mount
adb shell dd if=/dev/???? of=/sdcard/fs.bin
Whatever mount lists is what you would put in for ???? in the dd if
11th October 2008, 02:06 AM |#16  
Flag San Jose, California
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I also have one (preproduction model/debug model), I'm not sure how exactly to use the adb tool. Anyone care to enlighten me?
11th October 2008, 03:29 AM |#17  
Flag Kansas
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valicore

I also have one (preproduction model/debug model), I'm not sure how exactly to use the adb tool. Anyone care to enlighten me?

you use it from the cmd prompt and it's in the tool folder in the SDK....
11th October 2008, 09:58 AM |#18  

More
I get the impression that a less 'technical' response would be your best shot here if you're serious that you want a copy of the Android o/s dump

As in (if this were me....a complete 'non-tech' type) a response involving *zero assumed tech knowledge*......eg 'Whats' an SKD???'...or.....'cmd prompt??, where?/how?'

So....

1. Plug phone into PC and start activesynch[or whatever]
2. File explorer and search for file *.*....

Just for example.....

Just trying to make a suggestion that's all - speaking from the point of being a complete tech fkwit myself....and also being ridiculously eager to have Android delivered to all the tech genii here so I can hopefully get it on my Diamond (and soon to have HD as well!) :)
11th October 2008, 03:16 PM |#19  
Flag Winter Haven, Florida, USA
Thanks Meter: 14

More
The SDK is the developer's kit that you can download from Google. It contains a number of tools for use in developing applications for the platform, among them an emulator (for testing apps as if you're on a real android phone) and the ADB tool for accessing the hardware over a USB connection.

The ADB tool is run on the command line (no graphical interface). That's usually a bash prompt found in any console/konsole/terminal in Linux or by running cmd.exe in Windows. It allows the user to execute standard linux shell commands on the phone's filesystem.

Code:
C:/>adb shell ls
For example, the above command runs adb, tells it to issue the "ls" shell command, which gives a directory file listing (similar to the "dir" command in DOS.

Anything beyond that is above my head as of yet, since I don't have any Android hardware to use the tools on.
12th October 2008, 11:17 PM |#20  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 78

More
I can see we're never going to get a ROM dump, not at this rate...

I have no clue how to do it either, nor do I have a G1, but I'm reading your instructions anyways and it still doesn't make sense.

Why can't anyone just post exact step by step instructions? Preferably not using abbriviations or acronyms for 90% of the words.

Also he asked that the instructions be emailed to him.
12th October 2008, 11:23 PM |#21  
Flag San Jose, California
Thanks Meter: 6

More
OK here's the deal. I have enough command line knowledge to get around a command prompt in Windows and a terminal in Linux. I've been playing with the adb and nothing I do on the phone or in the system (that I know how to do) will make adb list it as a device I can issue shell commands to. There is a brightspot - I can open a terminal on the G1 itself and issue commands on it directly. There is however no cp command. dd and mv are there however. Is there anyway to use dd or mv to do the equivalent of copying?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)