FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Did you find this thread useful?

Yes, it was very helpful to me.

1,598 Vote(s)
63.95%
No, I didn't feel it helped me.

415 Vote(s)
16.61%
I don't know.

486 Vote(s)
19.45%

[HELP THREAD] Ask ANY Question. Noob Friendly.

4,429 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,930

Post Reply Email Thread
18th May 2013, 06:18 AM |#521  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskidder

I was being stupid -__- i accidentally flashed a international Stock rom onto my S3 my s3 is a SGH-T999 and now it wont power on :'( if i hold the power button it will vibrate but the screen will not turn on. When i plug my phone into my PC it begins to charge and this is the only time the screen turns on (battery charging animation), the computer also recognizes something and attempts to install drivers. Is there anything i can do? If not is there any places in the SF bay area where i could get this fixed? :'( i need my phone back by monday and the situation is looking grim.

Try this guide (based on mskip's XDA thread):
http://www.androidayos.com/2012/09/1...rick-solution/

Also, here is a thread with stock firmwares for ur device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1949687

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

18th May 2013, 06:24 AM |#522  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejandro_FIR

please someone HELP ME!!!! I have(maybe had) xperia8 2.1 , i rooted itwith superoneclick , and then had bootloader unlocked it with msm7227(and s1), then i checked if bootloader is unlocked ->ok .
then i install cwm.... did the buck up , and then i wanded to pass it the ''MiniCM9 [Nightly] by NobodyAtall (nAa-ICS)'', i ve downloaded the rom and the kernel for ics , i flashed the kernel throught flashtool , then i started my phone... i got the logo nAa and the when it gone to sony ericsson logo it stoped there...... what did i do wrong , and how can i fix it??please help

Is ur problem similar to this?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1772223

Sent from my SGS II
18th May 2013, 06:32 AM |#523  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusofdoom

i ahve installed the custom rom for samsung galaxy y dous gts6012 i have flashed custom gingericejelly .. i have followed the procedure completly . now my phone is stuck on the boot screen . and i can even enter the recovery mode to flash or restore .. please if u can guide any light on this issue of mine

This rom right?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2047795

Have u checked out the FAQs in that thread (scroll down that thread to see)?

If u still cannot fix, use Odin to return to stock and try again.

Sent from my SGS II
18th May 2013, 06:34 AM |#524  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyzoli68

After flash Fly-On_Mod_V2.1 don't have wifi connection.
Help?

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I have a big problem :not always ringing the custom ringtones for my contacts?
The problems i think is when received a call for my contact the phone in the firt 1 or 2 second not recognized the contact name only show the number starting ringing whith default ringtone and after is ringing recognized and showing the contact name.
What is the solution please help me?
Thank you! Sorry my english.

Please provide more details such as:
-ur phone make and model
-which guide or thread did u follow
-what rom ur are on now

Sent from my SGS II
18th May 2013, 06:57 AM |#525  
Flag Anand, GJ, IN
Thanks Meter: 11

More
About Custom ROMs
Hi, I am new to XDA and I joined it to customize my cellphone. I have many devices but I am going to do experiments only on my Ace Duos S6802. I want to install custom rom to it and also want to customize it in one or the other ways so i want to know that is it safe to play with it? I have my eye upon A-DROID rom for Ace Duos.
\Plz help

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusofdoom

i ahve installed the custom rom for samsung galaxy y dous gts6012 i have flashed custom gingericejelly .. i have followed the procedure completly . now my phone is stuck on the boot screen . and i can even enter the recovery mode to flash or restore .. please if u can guide any light on this issue of mine

The only thing possible for you is to re flash your phone using stock Rom. and if you have not created the backup then no one can do anything dear.
OR
spend a couple of bucks and get it restored from the outside professional guys.
18th May 2013, 07:26 AM |#526  
OP Senior Member
Flag Malappuram, Kerala

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikhar.smc

Hi, I am new to XDA and I joined it to customize my cellphone. I have many devices but I am going to do experiments only on my Ace Duos S6802. I want to install custom rom to it and also want to customize it in one or the other ways so i want to know that is it safe to play with it? I have my eye upon A-DROID rom for Ace Duos.
\Plz help

No one here or anywhere else can guarantee you complete safety. Playing with any phone always carries a small risk of messing it up. The only thing you can do is to be prepared for anything and everything!

Here's my method of being 99.99% safe while messing with my phone:

1. Read everything about what I am about to do TWICE!
This includes reading the first 20 and last 20 posts of that thread as well (to read about any issues other members faced).

2. Backup everything both on the device, and on a PC (on the cloud too at times).
Most importantly, EFS backup!

3. Check everything before attempting anything - battery charge, cables, sd card condition, broken files, working hardware buttons etc.

4. Follow the instructions carefully (searching whenever I feel confused) to the last word.

Sent from my SGS II
The Following User Says Thank You to immortalneo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift immortalneo Ad-Free
18th May 2013, 08:10 AM |#527  
Flag concord CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up :o thank you so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo

Try this guide (based on mskip's XDA thread):
http://www.androidayos.com/2012/09/1...rick-solution/

Also, here is a thread with stock firmwares for ur device:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1949687

Sent from my SGS II

i was able to fix my phone and install P.A.C man rom )) thank you so much
18th May 2013, 08:30 AM |#528  
Thanks Meter: 32

Donate to Me
More
Have you tried using the Android assistant app? It has a few options that might help you tackle the question.
18th May 2013, 09:18 AM |#529  
Flag Rijeka
Thanks Meter: 2

More
short noob question,
when I change or if I my ROM on my S3 mini with any of ROM's that out there, am i changing only thing that's bugging me is possibility to move apps from internal card (mem. phone) to ext card because it's not working with STOCK rom... ??? THX
i hope will someone understand the question because my English is not so good...
18th May 2013, 11:28 AM |#530  
Flag cabanatuan city
Thanks Meter: 21

More
now i know.. thank you

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

what is the best rom in galaxy ace gt-5230i
18th May 2013, 01:26 PM |#531  
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelquerty

now i know.. thank you

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

what is the best rom in galaxy ace gt-5230i

What I like , u may not...
Simply go to ur forum (if there) and find the list of all roms in stickies...
If j r lucky there wld b a thread like that...

Simply go through the features of each one to find ur perfect match..!

if it's helping you it must be thanked.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to mayank9856 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mayank9856 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, beginner, confused, guidance, help needed, help thread, lost, newbie, noob, questions and answers

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)