More Govenors for CM7

Search This thread

Ptikjp

Feb 11, 2012
Hi,

I was wondering if there was any effort to port the following governors to the Defy for CM7?

SmoothAss,
LagFree,
SmartassV2

I ask because I am using Smartass now and while it is great for the battery life(especially when you undervolt), it isn't as responsive when it needs to wake up on a call (screen stays black for 2-3 rings), and phone call processing can be kind of choppy when using HSPA (3G connection). Also sometimes the Mp3 playback skips when background data process goes off, or tower coverage changes.

---

I have seen SmartassV2 on Motorola DEXT and it rocks. 2 Days use worth of average phone use without charging.
Thanks in advance all.

Last edited:

Ptikjp

Feb 11, 2012
tsurerb now

Any word on feasibility? Is this the wrong place to post this? I seem to have solved some of the problem by putting the first cpu setting at 400mhz. But it is apparent that the cpu never ramps to the second setting of 600mhz. I hear the newer governors solve these issues.

Lidwen

Apr 20, 2012
hi, dunno about supporting smartassv2, but you can set smt_sleep_max_freq to your clk2 speed, so in sleep smartass dont limit your defy to 300mhz. You dont be "saving" the batery charge like the smt_sleep_max_freq = clk1 but i think it will be better than having 400mhz in clk1