ROOT - SAFARICOM INTEL BT210 a.k.a YOLO

Search This thread

tha_subchief

Jan 22, 2012
NAIROBI
This forum is for us to share details on how to root the Safaricom Intel BT210 a.k.a YOLO phone. Please post all your ideas here and help us get root for this phone.

tha_subchief

Jan 22, 2012
NAIROBI
Possible Root Thanks to @Andrew Andrax

"Hi.

I am relatively new to xda. I am not allowed to post replies. I also have the yolo phone and been looking for a way to root it since it has 32 bit architecture (x86). Below is a method that I havent tried coz it is for netbooks running android but since the phone has a similar architecture i assume it will work.

http://lkubuntu.wordpress.com/2012/10/26/how-to-root-an-android-device-under-ubuntu/

Other links are in the post from the link above. I would also appreciate it if you could post it in the forum. By the way, I would also appreciate it if you could tell me how i can be able to start replying to comments.

Kind regards, Andrew.

P.S: The above post to be done requires a linux environment such as a linux O.S like Ubuntu and the likes or installing Cygwin if you have Windows. But make sure that you install the Android SDK which has ADB."

Guys lets try this one out and give feedback. I am trying it out and will post back with the details!!!:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

mudu8

May 8, 2011
Rooting

Hi,

Unfortunately not yet...Havent had a working internet connection in a while :( planning to try it next week!

Hi, i tried the method u put in the 2nd post to root my YOLO phone n it will not execute the 'psneuter' file it just brings an error.

i think that method does not apply to this phone.

i tried copying the method from MO,DA,CO on how to root the Orange San Diego which uses a similar chipset it didn't work, ditto with the RAZR I method.

I want to try the rooting method for the ASUS Fonepad as i feel it can work as it uses the same exact chipset as the YOLO.

Cyrus_pc

Dec 11, 2012
Rooted rooted rooted..

Read This Before you begin:
" If you brick / damage / change your device after root you can NOT revert back to Stock rom as there is no Custom Recovery has been ported and nor will be ported !!( device has been obsolated :eek:"
So think Twice Before you Root

Finally i found a way to root intel yolo aka xolo x500 or ANY OTHER x86 device..

it's exploit> Cydia Impactor..

Downloads
Root Tool
http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/
Drivers
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-android-device-usb-driver

Method.
  1. Install Drivers..
  2. On your Phone Turn on Usb Debugging mode . (Settings>Advanced>Usb debugging )
  3. Extract Impactor.zip
  4. Run Impactor.exe
    **BACK UP YOUR ROM DUMP **
    Now copy and Paste this code in Impactor. ( See the Attachment..)

Code:
    dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/mnt/sdcard_ext/system.img

This will generate System.img file of about 768MB in your /mnt/sdcard_ext ( I.e your Memory Card ..)
    Copy it to you PC or somewhere this might come in Handy someday..
    However i do NOT know anyway to flash this image on Bricked device !!
  5. Select to drop su.
  6. DOne..

The rest you have to do is just install your favorite super user manager,
Personally i use supersu..

If you have any problems,
SHOOT ME MAILS,
I DON'T FREQUENTLY LOG ON TO XDA / MODACO etc..
HERE IS MY MAIL ID:
cyberpunk.pc@gmail.com

A Thing or Two you might wanna know,
1: This is root exploit,
So if you delete superuser.apk and su binary, NO OEM can tell that your device was rooted or not.. :laugh:

2: THIS IS AN X86 device not ARM,
i.e.:
a> Some root tools which uses arm binaries wont work on device.
b>Filesystem structure is bit different on X86 than ARM , so THINK TWICE before you screw up anything.
c> If you are Linux user then NEVER rely on useless apks,
Old fashion way of Terminal is best..
DO NOT USE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE..
CHAINFIRE 3D and any other Chainfire applications .. (They are build for ARM devices.)
Recovery Softwares .. ( There are NO CWM or even STOCK rom available for this device ..)
This software are SURE to BRICK YOUR DEVICE...

I hope you enjoy my post..:angel:
Hey Hit the Thanks if it helps,:good:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    154.9 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Jphant

May 19, 2013
Nairobi
Rooting the Intel yolo phone from safaricom

Thank a bunch man will definitely try it out and get bk to you. I have been dieing to root my b210 aka yolo

Cyrus_pc

Dec 11, 2012
Need APK

Although Xolo x500/ Intel Yolo are clones, the stock roms are different ,
Especially /system/app ..

In Xolo phones, Intel Wireless Display application is not provided, but YOLO does..

Can anybody upload that APK ?
Please upload with ODEX file if it exists.

Nov 8, 2013
after rooting i tried to install Chainfire 3d ,, the phone must restart but when it restart stuck on intel boot-animation any help pleasssssssssssssse

Cyrus_pc

Dec 11, 2012
after rooting i tried to install Chainfire 3d ,, the phone must restart but when it restart stuck on intel boot-animation any help pleasssssssssssssse

Trust me or NOT , Your have screwed your system ..

It's not gonna restart ,

Solution: Just go to Service station , just tell them my phone got hanged . ( Act like you are noob ),
They will flash your phone with stock rom.

DONT TELL ANY THING ABOUT ROOTING , or your warranty is VOID !!

Why this happened ?

1> Chainfire 3d is designed for ARM devices , not INTEL (x86) devices..

2> Even developer says it's not for ICS ..

3> LAST BUT NOT LEAST: YOU did not read my whole post where i already mention not to Rely on APKs ..

Nov 8, 2013
Trust me or NOT , Your have screwed your system ..

It's not gonna restart ,

Solution: Just go to Service station , just tell them my phone got hanged . ( Act like you are noob ),
They will flash your phone with stock rom.

DONT TELL ANY THING ABOUT ROOTING , or your warranty is VOID !!

Why this happened ?

1> Chainfire 3d is designed for ARM devices , not INTEL (x86) devices..

2> Even developer says it's not for ICS ..

3> LAST BUT NOT LEAST: YOU did not read my whole post where i already mention not to Rely on APKs ..

thanks dude it's what i did and my mobile phone is still in Service provider Company and i really didn't read the whole post but can you tell me alternative app like chainfire 3d and way to move app to ext_sdcard on this Device , and how can we install stock rom on this ****ing Device thanks in Advance

Last edited:

tha_subchief

Jan 22, 2012
NAIROBI
Roooooted!!!!

Finally tried the root method and it works like a charm!!!!

Spreading the news all over....Most people got rid of their phones because they couldn't get root but finally we have it!!!

So development of a custom ROM maybe? where are those kenyan android developers we hear about!?:laugh::cyclops::cowboy:

Nov 8, 2013
games problem

My intel yolo Device has a problem with hard Games like Real Boxing,frontline commando d-day and injustice gods among us.all those games run smoothly ,i can chose the characters and Missions without any lags but during the fight or playing the games they closed themselves , i want to know why the game runs so good before begin a battle and then goes out ?? any help or solution for this problem.

Andrew Andrax

Jul 1, 2013
Oh Man...you beat me to it...but it's totally ok. I was to post the same answer today :cool:

To get the Apk for the Intel wireless, my suggestion is the use of a playstore app called 'Bluetooth file transfer" send the Intel wireless apk to another Bluetooth enabled droid and you can easily harvest it to install in any other droid that is supported.

Sent from my BT210 using xda app-developers app

Andrew Andrax

Jul 1, 2013
Sorry...I meant the program will extract the said program as an apk and send it via Bluetooth. Then you can sideload the apk to another phone and install it

Sent from my BT210 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooted rooted rooted..

Read This Before you begin:
    " If you brick / damage / change your device after root you can NOT revert back to Stock rom as there is no Custom Recovery has been ported and nor will be ported !!( device has been obsolated :eek:"
    So think Twice Before you Root

Finally i found a way to root intel yolo aka xolo x500 or ANY OTHER x86 device..

it's exploit> Cydia Impactor..

Downloads
    Root Tool
    http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/
    Drivers
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-android-device-usb-driver

Method.
    1. Install Drivers..
    2. On your Phone Turn on Usb Debugging mode . (Settings>Advanced>Usb debugging )
    3. Extract Impactor.zip
    4. Run Impactor.exe
      **BACK UP YOUR ROM DUMP **
      Now copy and Paste this code in Impactor. ( See the Attachment..)

Code:
      dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p8 of=/mnt/sdcard_ext/system.img

This will generate System.img file of about 768MB in your /mnt/sdcard_ext ( I.e your Memory Card ..)
      Copy it to you PC or somewhere this might come in Handy someday..
      However i do NOT know anyway to flash this image on Bricked device !!
    5. Select to drop su.
    6. DOne..

The rest you have to do is just install your favorite super user manager,
    Personally i use supersu..

If you have any problems,
    SHOOT ME MAILS,
    I DON'T FREQUENTLY LOG ON TO XDA / MODACO etc..
    HERE IS MY MAIL ID:
    cyberpunk.pc@gmail.com

A Thing or Two you might wanna know,
    1: This is root exploit,
    So if you delete superuser.apk and su binary, NO OEM can tell that your device was rooted or not.. :laugh:

2: THIS IS AN X86 device not ARM,
    i.e.:
    a> Some root tools which uses arm binaries wont work on device.
    b>Filesystem structure is bit different on X86 than ARM , so THINK TWICE before you screw up anything.
    c> If you are Linux user then NEVER rely on useless apks,
    Old fashion way of Terminal is best..
    DO NOT USE FOLLOWING SOFTWARE..
    CHAINFIRE 3D and any other Chainfire applications .. (They are build for ARM devices.)
    Recovery Softwares .. ( There are NO CWM or even STOCK rom available for this device ..)
    This software are SURE to BRICK YOUR DEVICE...

I hope you enjoy my post..:angel:
    Hey Hit the Thanks if it helps,:good:
    I've also been looking into this BT210 (intel yolo) for a way to upgrade it to 4.2 i found a way to do this on x86 devices but i am not sure whether it would work or even how to do this. here is the link

http://software.intel.com/en-us/art...jelly-bean-installation-instructions-manually

look into it people...
    thanks in advance
    Sent from my GT-S5300 using xda app-developers app
    Xolo Stock Rom

in this subject you will find All Xolo official Softwares except Xolo X500 and i have no Permission to ask about The Software of X500 on this Forum :confused::confused:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549730

Can anyone ask about it ? :D:D
    Official Flash Tool Leaked

Good News..
    Official Flash Tool has been leaked .

"www.adrive.com/public/fdR6fN.html"

Using this tool All intel medfield phones can be flashed...

"NO STOCK ROM IS AVAILABLE YET"
    So DON'T USE THIS TOOL UNLESS YOU HAVE SYSTEM IMAGE
    how do i use the tool?:(