• Icon 3 - Andorid Icon with Clock Belt

Votes: 30 15.5%
  • Icon 4 - Android Icon in Corner with Reminder Text

Votes: 48 24.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Not sure why but the notifier didn't umm, notify me, at the set time.

Posted with StreakZilla, using XDA App.

I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know if you had a data signal at the time the reminder was set to go off? It does require a data signal. It's possible you had poor signal and the query failed.

Can you open the app and click on the option to test the reminder? See if that works just to verify the app works.

Thanks,
Cody

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009

Thanks, nice little helpful app.

I always try to get the free apps I like but there are times I forget and feel bad later.

I hope this app will serve as a reminder.

This is a great idea and I've installed and will let you know if there are any bugs. Well done!

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Thanks. I really appreciate the feedback. I'll be uploading to the Market later today. If you'd like to support future development please consider purchasing the market version. If not I understand and hope you enjoy the app.

Thanks,
Cody

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know if you had a data signal at the time the reminder was set to go off? It does require a data signal. It's possible you had poor signal and the query failed.

Can you open the app and click on the option to test the reminder? See if that works just to verify the app works.

Thanks,
Cody
The reminder test works and the phone had wifi all night.

metaldood

Dec 26, 2010
Great app man. Now one less thing to remember :)

Inspired from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Great app man. Now one less thing to remember :)

Inspired from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

This is awsome! I have been looking for something like this since the Amazon store opened. Any chance you could post it to either Amazon or Android Market so I don't have to remember to come here for updates ;)

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you both enjoy it.

I will be uploading it to the market tonight. I plan on having it be a pay app on the market to support future development. I have a one year old, a 2.5 year old, and a baby due in August on top of a full time job I need something to justify the time I spend on these apps...:)

If anyone chooses not to pay for the market version I'll always post the apk here for updates.

Thanks,
Cody

sageDieu

Oct 18, 2010
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you both enjoy it.

I will be uploading it to the market tonight. I plan on having it be a pay app on the market to support future development. I have a one year old, a 2.5 year old, and a baby due in August on top of a full time job I need something to justify the time I spend on these apps...:)

If anyone chooses not to pay for the market version I'll always post the apk here for updates.

Thanks,
Cody

Awesome. I'm glad some devs still do that, it happens a lot that they will go to a paid market version and not give it to the original users any more for free. A surprising amount of people can't pay for things in the market (me included) for various reasons but I love testing and using stuff. So, thanks!

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Awesome. I'm glad some devs still do that, it happens a lot that they will go to a paid market version and not give it to the original users any more for free. A surprising amount of people can't pay for things in the market (me included) for various reasons but I love testing and using stuff. So, thanks!

Sent from my CM7 SCH-i500
No problem at all. I try to be as helpful and giving to the community as I can. This is a great place and I've learned so much. I actually learned java as I built my first app (Reboot Manager / Widget). So it's been a fun ride and I can only imagine what's to come. If only I had more time I could create one of those big apps or games I have ideas for. But for now I'll stick with smaller apps and use what income might come in to justify my spent time...:)

Lightning Blue

Apr 22, 2011
Farmington, NM
Installed on my stock G2x, loaded it up, set the time, hit the back button, and it force closed, trying to reopen the app results in another force close!

Will try again later after I get a chance to reboot.

W

WiredPirate

Installed last night and test went fine, set app to remind me at 2:00pm. At 2:00pm, just now, the app force closed. Atrix

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Installed last night and test went fine, set app to remind me at 2:00pm. At 2:00pm, just now, the app force closed. Atrix
I discovered a big last night when you run the test and schedule the reminder. If fixed this and will upload the latest version tonight. Can you try rebooting your phone. Open the app and schedule it for an hour or so in the future and see if that works for you? That will confirm the issue.

Thanks,
Cody

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
Do you have a reboot scheduled, auto task killer running, or anything that might have dismissed the notification?

Thanks,
Cody
none of that
Yeah, wifi turns off eventually when the screen is off for a while. But then shouldn't the app alert me when wifi is connected again, or does it only go off at the scheduled time and if there's no data, that's it?

Last edited:

washere

Jun 17, 2010
Installed on my stock G2x, loaded it up, set the time, hit the back button, and it force closed, trying to reopen the app results in another force close!

Will try again later after I get a chance to reboot.

FYI, I have an Evo with the same problem, but I forgot to all the app access in Droidwall. Once I did that the problem went away. The problem seems to be that if it can't contact amazon (or whatever it is going to), it will FC...

Wayne

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
none of that
Yeah, wifi turns off eventually when the screen is off for a while. But then shouldn't the app alert me when wifi is connected again, or does it only go off at the scheduled time and if there's no data, that's it?

It will only try that one time. I suspect there is a timeout value that is reached and then stops trying. I'll look into it. When your wifi turns off due to sleep policy you should still have a data connection through your cell service though correct?

Cody

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
FYI, I have an Evo with the same problem, but I forgot to all the app access in Droidwall. Once I did that the problem went away. The problem seems to be that if it can't contact amazon (or whatever it is going to), it will FC...

Wayne
Thanks for discovering that. I'll look into handling when there is no data connection so the app doesn't force close.

Thanks,
Cody

eSZee

Apr 13, 2011
It will only try that one time. I suspect there is a timeout value that is reached and then stops trying. I'll look into it. When your wifi turns off due to sleep policy you should still have a data connection through your cell service though correct?

Cody
Data is off when I'm in wifi range.

cody_04l

Mar 7, 2009
Data is off when I'm in wifi range.

So at certain times during the night you have no data signal? Do you have it like this to save battery? There should be an option to not turn wifi off when the phone is asleep. But I understand you might like it this way to save battery.

Cody

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    I wrote this app because I constantly forget to look at the free app of the day on the Amazon market and have missed out on a few really good apps.

Help Needed
    This is version 1.0 so I expect there to be some bugs. If you have any questions,comments, or issues with the app please let me know.

I've added a good bit of info to the notification and plan to include more info with the addition of a custom layout.

How do I use it?
    Once installed open Appstore Reminder from your applications. Click on the reminder time option and set what time you'd like to be notified. You can click on Test Reminder option to generate an instant reminder to see how it will look.

Clicking on the notification will dismiss the notification and open the Amazon Appstore app where you can download the app.

Thanks to everyone who test's this. I'd love to hear feedback good or bad. I plan on posting this to the market after it's been tested by all you fine folks!

UPDATE 5/24/2011
    Now on the Android market as Amazon Free App Reminder. If you'd like to donate for future development please consider purchasing the Market version. This will also ensure easier updated in the future and I've got some good ideas for future enhancements.

UPDATE 5/26/2011
    I've attached three new icon suggestions. Let me know your thoughts and if you like any of them. Also any modifications to these three you feel would help.

UPDATE 6/01/2011
    I've attached the final three icon's for voting via poll. Let me know what you all think.

UPDATE 10/04/2011
    It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things. So the app is in the market now and I'll be uploading the latest version later tonight.

Thanks,
    Cody

Change Log
    Version 3
    - Force closes should be fixed. With the exception of when there is no data signal
    - Added options to enable/disable vibration, soundm and LED when notification is triggered

Thanks,
    Cody (RaueSoft Development)

Here you can download the application
    The application should be back in the market now, can you all see it?

Feedback/feature requests welcomed :)

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

As Rob has stated the app is back on the market. It was taken down as requested by Amazon trademark department. They requested that the name be changed in the Market. During this time my wife had our third child and I unfortunately haven't had enough time to get back to this. Three kids under the age of the 3 and a full time job is quite the workload on it's own.

When I get home today I'll be uploading the latest version that's in the market here for everyone that needs the update. Unfortunately my big update that I was about to release right before my baby was born was lost due to some data corruption. I'm finally getting back into things and will hopefully have a newer, better, aster, more enhanced app out within the next few weeks.

Again sorry to everyone for the delay. I greatly apologize for the time it's taken me to get back into things.

Thanks,
    Cody
    Update coming

All,

I'm sorry I've been away for a while. Family issues coupled with work have really put me in a bad spot. I do this in my free time and lately haven't had any. I'll be adding some cool features like a widget, and some enhancements to the way the data is pulled down in the next few releases. Again I'm sorry for being away just have to get some things done.

If anyone is having a problem please email me so we can work it out.

Thanks,
    Cody
    The first icon with just the clock and the text is the best. I believe it looks the most professional of the three there. In my humble opinion, I'd stay away from having the android logo on it. Everyone already knows what os the app is for and you will just be cluttering up the small real estate you have to remind people. :p

I hope you release the updated version on here soon. :p
    Update is coming asking along nicely.

Cody

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    I agree that sound/vibe notifications need to be able to be toggled. That way, I can set it to check before I wake up and have it waiting for me.

Also, it would be good to have a way to disable the app completely without having to uninstall it or freeze it with Titanium Backup.

Great app idea!

My wife likes it, as she never thinks of checking the free app, but made me take it off her phone until it has options for no sound/vibrate. She just wants to see the icon in her notification bar. I saw the post that said those options were in the works, so I'll look forward to it and put it on her phone when it's available. I would like to see it in the market, so updates for her would be automatic. (She hates all this hacky stuff as she calls it:p)
    Yes options to toggle sound, vibrantion, and led's are all in the next release. I'm having some computer issues at the moment so it won't be until later tonight until I get it uploaded.

I'll add an option to toggle the notification. By default it will be on but you can always disable it to stop notifications all together.

Thanks everyone for the support and feedback. I'll be sure and update the thread title once I upload a new version. I hope everyone has a great day/night.

Cody