FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App][2.1+] Pho.to Lab - photo effects, frames and montages

20 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By katerinette, Junior Member on 2nd August 2013, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Pho.to Lab is a photo processing app which boasts one of the vastest collections of stylish and funny photo effects: more than 500 effects to date! Fantastic face photo montages, photo frames, animated effects and photo filters are here for you to enjoy.

Pho.to Lab features include:
☆ Photo frames:
choose one of our beautiful frames if you need a final touch to your favorite picture.
☆ Realistic photo effects:
place your image in an unlikely setting. Airbrush it on an exclusive car or leave it as a sand imprint on the beach.
☆ Face photo montages:
Turn yourself or your friend into Jack Sparrow, an astronaut or a horrible monster. The most complicated montages are handled automatically by a face detection algorithm.
☆ Photo filters:
add some style to your images with various photo filters such as Black&White, Neon Glow, Oil Painting and many others.
☆ Photo collages:
create a wonderful picture of you and your friend floating together in a sentimental or futuristic setting.

How it works:
First, choose a photo effect. Then pick a photo you want to process. The photo will be uploaded to our servers and it will be processed there. Then the result will be downloaded back to your phone. All the effects are applied automatically, so you don't have to tweak them manually. This includes face montages. Our face detection algorithms will take care of your portraits.

Important:
Pho.to Lab needs Internet connection to process photos. That's why it's a good idea to use it when your smartphone or tablet is connected to Wi-Fi network.

If you want to complain about something or if you have a feature request, feel free to post in this thread. Alternatively, email [email protected]

Download Pho.to Lab FREE from Google Play
Download Pho.to Lab PRO from Google Play
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katerinette For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift katerinette Ad-Free

2nd August 2013, 03:17 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
As the official part is over, let me add my two cents. My name's Kate, and I'm a part of the dev team which has created Pho.to Lab. I'm eager to hear what you think of it and to help if you have any problems with the app. Negative feedback is welcome! Though personally I'd prefer flattering comments. Please, PM me if you don't feel like reaching out via email or posting here.
2nd August 2013, 03:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Uploading photos might not best option.

1. Privacy
2. Image size upload download limitations.

Above is my personal opinion. Idea is good.

Pressing THANKS easier than typing.
Sent from s5360 GB DDMD1 rooted stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to vikraminside For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikraminside Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 03:33 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikraminside

1. Privacy

Pho.to Lab doesn't generate short links to pictures unless you tell it to.

Quote:

2. Image size upload download limitations.

That's why we advise to use Wi-Fi. Besides, downloading an image seems way more efficient than storing 500+ hi-res photo frames in a phone memory. If Pho.to Lab worked offline, we should have sent a 16 GB flash drive to each user
2nd August 2013, 03:57 PM |#5  
Flag Salatiga
Thanks Meter: 21

More
upload to your server is not the good idea... IMHO...

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to c3n_dhol For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c3n_dhol Ad-Free
2nd August 2013, 04:11 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c3n_dhol

upload to your server is not the good idea... IMHO...

Yes, but neither is jamming all the effects into phone memory. Besides, we have tons of pictures processed on our site everyday and no one has complained of privacy problems so far. (It's not a challenge, please don't try to hack it somehow)
2nd August 2013, 05:19 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 199

More
You can make use of technology like webservices etc for processing instructions.

Just like google doing voice to text conversions. If we can imagine their data center size

Edit: It is brand power that people rely so much. I wish you all the best.

If you wish to provide cloud based services for storage it will sound positive but not just for image processing. Thanks.

Pressing THANKS easier than typing.
Sent from s5360 GB DDMD1 rooted stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to vikraminside For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vikraminside Ad-Free
3rd August 2013, 07:34 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
Thank you for the kind words!

Quote:

If you wish to provide cloud based services for storage it will sound positive but not just for image processing.

Actually, we do provide storage services. But we're centered on photo processing and everything related to it, so we only host images. I guess I'll create a thread for our photo sharing app a little later.
6th August 2013, 01:49 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
We have opened a beta test thread about the new version of Pho.to Lab on XDA. If you want to try it out, head over here.
28th August 2013, 03:41 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Flag Odessa

More
We have rolled out the redesigned version of Pho.to Lab PRO!

The interface looks fantastic now:

Get Pho.to Lab PRO on Google Play!
29th August 2013, 09:55 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 235

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by katerinette

We have rolled out the redesigned version of Pho.to Lab PRO!

The interface looks fantastic now:

Get Pho.to Lab PRO on Google Play!

I had bought pro version long time ago, i regret about lacks the new effects since several months however present in the site. I hope it will be better in the new version.

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)