[ROM][ICS]Droid2 Global CM9 with GB kernel

Search This thread
B

bikedude880

Due to requests for a dev thread, here it is.

And as a note:
I am privatizing my builds and will only release tests to those I deem competent of being able to produce crash dumps, log files, and other useful information. This is not because I dislike anyone, but the stress of having 20 people tell me that "x doesn't work, when can you get it working?" isn't going to make me want to work on it.

Currently in a working state (may still be buggy):
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi (After reboot, should be tcmd related)
  • 2D/3D Acceleration (renderscript is unknown/buggy)
  • Sensors
  • CDMA radio
  • GPS (not aGPS)
  • USB Charge/Mass Storage/ADB
  • Key mapping (working 'b' key)
  • CPU scaling works correctly
What doesn't work or is already a known bug:
  • The Alt-lock key.
  • Camera
  • 3G data
  • GSM Radio (will be testing this asap)
What will NEVER work:
  • NFC
ETA: [font=comic sans ms,cursive]When it's ready.[/font]

As this is a hot topic: If you wish to donate, please send it to Hascode or the Defy Team as they've helped me out more than I usually care to admit. I'll lengthen this list and flesh it out later.

My current source can be found and built from github Global-KANGs

Last edited:

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
I'll try building myself from github when I get some time to prep build environment. Meanwhile bikedude880, if you are looking for testers (GSM) I'm here (not sure if you got my PM over rootzwiki).

B

bikedude880

I'll try building myself from github when I get some time to prep build environment. Meanwhile bikedude880, if you are looking for testers (GSM) I'm here (not sure if you got my PM over rootzwiki).

Please note that my manifest and device config are in a state of flux. Things probably won't build at this moment.

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
Flashing CM9

Hey guys,I found a ROM of CM9 on another site last night. I rebooted into CM Recovery and made a nandroid backup first of my factory D2G ROM. After that I cleared everything and did a factory data reset and cleared the cache and dalvik-cache. After that I flashed CM9 onto my D2G along with the ICS Gapps. Everything went just fine but upon the phone booting up, it keeps bootlooping and actually not going into the operating system. I thought maybe I need to give it some time to load and all so I let the phone sit all night waiting and woke up this morning and it was still in the bootloop. Now I'm flashing back to the SBF from Verizon and retrying everything. Can anybody tell me if I did anything wrong. I have experience with Droid 1's,HTC Hero's, T-MO G1's,etc. I'm pretty sure everything was done correctly and went by all the flashing instructions I've ever been taught. I'm kinda at a loss and think I may just keep it on a factory rooted ROM.

Model:
Droid 2 Global A956
CWM Recovery 2.0.8 I believe
I did install the bootloader app that I got
ICS CM9.zip file
1.Did BACKUP
2.Wiped Everything
3.Flashed ROM
4.Got past the Red Motorola "M"
5.Bootloop

Last edited:
Reactions: _Daviid_

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latest ics roms posted over at rootzwiki, some links in my list
    sd_shadow's [Collection] of Links for Droid 2 Global

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    Flashing CM9

Hey guys,I found a ROM of CM9 on another site last night. I rebooted into CM Recovery and made a nandroid backup first of my factory D2G ROM. After that I cleared everything and did a factory data reset and cleared the cache and dalvik-cache. After that I flashed CM9 onto my D2G along with the ICS Gapps. Everything went just fine but upon the phone booting up, it keeps bootlooping and actually not going into the operating system. I thought maybe I need to give it some time to load and all so I let the phone sit all night waiting and woke up this morning and it was still in the bootloop. Now I'm flashing back to the SBF from Verizon and retrying everything. Can anybody tell me if I did anything wrong. I have experience with Droid 1's,HTC Hero's, T-MO G1's,etc. I'm pretty sure everything was done correctly and went by all the flashing instructions I've ever been taught. I'm kinda at a loss and think I may just keep it on a factory rooted ROM.

Model:
    Droid 2 Global A956
    CWM Recovery 2.0.8 I believe
    I did install the bootloader app that I got
    ICS CM9.zip file
    1.Did BACKUP
    2.Wiped Everything
    3.Flashed ROM
    4.Got past the Red Motorola "M"
    5.Bootloop