- premium: This is like the stock ROM, with Sense and with HTC Messaging.
- premium_nomess: This is like premium, but without HTC Messaging
- lite: This is without HTC Sense.
- lite_nomess: This is lite, but without HTC Messaging
- lite_WMphone: This is a lite version without the HTC phone canvas and Messaging. This is what I use, in order to have a fully landscape enabled ROM.
- barebone: almost all HTC stuff removed, this is almost pure Windows Mobile as it comes from Microsoft. Only some applications like Youtube, Opera are there.
Please read the whole post for important information. You won't regret it!
The ROMs are kept very close to stock (Leo 2.10 packages). I try to make them stable and fast, no 'bloatware'.
Sense is fully Landscape enabled!
However, you have to change one registry key to prevent the music and pictures tab from rotating. Read the 'problems and solutions' section at the bottom of this post on how to make it work in landscape without issues!
Download V8.0_23545 (WM6.5.5) versions:
Download V7.0_23541 (WM6.5.5) versions:
You can find my WM6.5.0 (build 21895) based ROMs here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=626146
Download add ons:
- add ons: http://rapidshare.com/files/34191672...rry_AddOns.zip
- Rhodium dialer that fixes the overlapping keypad icon (first disable HTC dialer with Dialer Disabler, if you have a ROM with HTC dialer included!)
- SetVolume, as a replacement for HTC volume for the ROMs without HTC dialer
- Touch InCall Screen Tweak (replacement for the proximity sensor, for ROMs without HTC dialer)
- Google Maps 3.3.1
- Livven Themes
- PopoutScrollbar (fix for the HTC scrollbar when choosing one of the default WM themes or Livven theme)
- SRS WOW HD
- TaskFacade (visual task switcher)
- two Windows Media Player skins
- Start Menu icon changer
- Rotate screen applications
I decided not to include any UI customization for now, to keep the ROM as clean as possible and give you all the choice of customizing it how you like.
For some nice UI tweaks and themes, have a look at these threads:
Livven Simple Gloss theme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=578468 (very nice one )
Sense customizations: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584415 (be careful, not everything works with the newest Sense version)
Shadowline's theme: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=526618
Taskbar Icons: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=602295
Titanium Informer, great plugin for news, TV guide, cinema, weather...: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=561349
Home Screen Customizer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=573744
You can also use Home Screen Customizer to add Opera website links. Create new links to Opera9.exe with your website URL as an argument, give it an icon with CSMI, then add it to the launcher Titanium plugin.
- new drivers (camera exposure fixed!)
- new WM build 23545
- some minor improvements
Problems and solutions:
- Manila music and pictures tab getting messed up in landscape mode: Change the registry value HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila\EnableFullscreen to 0.
- Cannot change date when Manila is disabled: Enter the date manually with the keyboard.
Of course all this would not be possible without all the great people in this forum working together.
Special thanks to:
- the creators of the tools and those who provide the releases to start with (Bepe, Ervius, Da_G, sparkienl, kwbr, Steve0007)
- everyone who helpes solve problems and posts solutions on the forum (special thanks to miri!)
- the people who have created the great add on software to improve our HD2
- everyone who has been testing my ROMs and providing feedback
- everyone who donated (youmeus, sakiin, htakahasyd5, B. Carius, Tekguru and saulo866). Thank you very very much!!
I do this for fun and to support the spirit of sharing on xda-developers and you are not in any way obliged to pay for my work. However, I'm investing a lot of time in this and as a student, I'm always in need of some money...
Therefore, if you like my work and want to buy me a cup of coffee, please consider a donation: