[MOD] [APP] Overclock v1.1 [Set speed+VDD] [Customizable] [7/5/12]

Search This thread

Dread 7us

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
For those of you who can't scroll to the buttons at the bottom, I forgot to add a scrollview in my layout. That will be fixed soon.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Dread 7us

Jul 25, 2010
Link in the OP should be fine too (I just tested). It's dev-host, they may have been working on their servers earlier or something.

Sent from my EVO LTE

Reactions: crump84
Stock is all we have.
Good point. Have it installed and applied at 1.8, and running great!
went from a Quad score of 4683 to this
2012-07-05_13-40-29.png

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
Is there an option to not have it set speed on boot? That's a good feature to have as if you oc to high and your phone boot loops you have no way to recover besides a nandroid since every time the device attempts to boot the app is loading the unstable values.

Reactions: Dread 7us

Dread 7us

Jul 25, 2010
Is there an option to not have it set speed on boot? That's a good feature to have as if you oc to high and your phone boot loops you have no way to recover besides a nandroid since every time the device attempts to boot the app is loading the unstable values.

Just don't select apply on boot in whatever oc app you use (like setcpu). I set mine to 2ghz and my phone froze so I rebooted and it didn't automatically set back to 2ghz cuz I didn't check set on boot in setcpu.

Sent from my EVO LTE

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
Just don't select apply on boot in whatever oc app you use (like setcpu). I set mine to 2ghz and my phone froze so I rebooted and it didn't automatically set back to 2ghz cuz I didn't check set on boot in setcpu.

Sent from my EVO LTE

So you have to use setcpu or equivalent with this app? Im not using the app currently.

Dread 7us

Jul 25, 2010
Just a suggestion but you might want to include that in the op. Will probably cause less confusion with people using the app.

Lol yeah I suppose I should. Seemed pretty self explanatory, it simply applies the mod without the user having to use adb.

Sent from my EVO LTE

njfoses

Jun 4, 2010
S Jersey
Lol yeah I suppose I should. Seemed pretty self explanatory, it simply applies the mod without the user having to use adb.

Sent from my EVO LTE

To be honest the way it reads currently it sounds like the app does everything on its own. I dont consider myself a noob and i was confused. Im sure the noob's will be super confused lol.:laugh:

RockoDev

Apr 28, 2010
Denver, CO
cooltext725667650.png

App is based off of work by Art2Fly and coolbho3000. You can set speed, voltage and restore stock with this app. Once applied, it will automatically set the speed on every boot, no need to do anything manually. I've tested most options and it is working. Be warned, not all phones will be able to overclock fully (I could OC to 1.9GHz but on 2.0GHz my phone froze). Your phone must be rooted to use this app and have busybox installed. I'm planning on adding more features, this is the first version. Feel free to let me know what works, what doesn't and how it can be improved, thanks.

Disclaimer: I, the app developer (Dread 7us), will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the use of this app. You, the user, accept all responsibility. You are applying this MOD of your own free will.

Features:

• Set clock speed
  • Set voltage manually
  • Return to stock
  • Pre-defined clock speeds with custom options available

Instructions:

• Open app and accept SU permission
  • Tap 'Set speed' and select an option to begin (you can't apply until you do)
    • Custom: enter a value that will be multiplied by 27
    • That number * 27 will equal the MHz
    • It will show selected speed once selected
  • Tap VDD if you need to set a voltage
    • If the value is within acceptable levels, it will show the value on the main screen
  • Tap 'Apply' to set, will reboot and automatically apply on every reboot
  • Tap 'Remove' to go back stock (will reboot)

Known issues:

• If you input a ridiculous value (greater than the max) for VDD, it will FC
    That will be fixed soon.

Downloads:
EVO_LTE_OC_v1 [7/5/12] [537.36 KB (550252 bytes)]
MD5 Sum: e7d496c53f02f3b931a3333937313d11

Good job on the app man

Sent from my htc_jewel using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cooltext725667650.png

App is based off of work by xHausx, Art2Fly and coolbho3000. You can set speed, voltage and restore stock with this app. Once applied, it will automatically set the speed available on every boot, no need to do anything manually (except apply it with a 3rd party overclock app). I've tested most options and it is working. Be warned, not all phones will be able to overclock fully (I could OC to 1.9GHz but on 2.0GHz my phone froze). Your phone must be rooted to use this app and have busybox installed. I'm planning on adding more features, this is the first version. Feel free to let me know what works, what doesn't and how it can be improved, thanks. Special thanks to dodgejcr for giving me the idea to even build the app.

Disclaimer: I, the app developer (Dread 7us), will not be held responsible if you lose data or your device gets damaged in the use of this app. You, the user, accept all responsibility. You are applying this MOD of your own free will.

This app doesn't apply the overclock value you set, you still need a 3rd party overclock app to do that (like SetCPU, NoFrills, etc).

Features:
    • Set clock speed
    • Set voltage manually
    • Return to stock
    • Pre-defined clock speeds with custom options available
    • Overclock value will be select-able after reboots

Instructions:
    • Open app and accept SU permission
    • Tap 'Set speed' and select an option to begin (you can't apply until you do)
      • Custom: enter a value that will be multiplied by 27
      • That number * 27 will equal the MHz
      • It will show selected speed once selected
    • Tap VDD if you need to set a voltage
      • If the value is within acceptable levels, it will show the value on the main screen
    • Tap 'Apply' to set, will reboot and automatically apply on every reboot
    • Use a 3rd party Overclock app to set value (like SetCPU).
    • Tap 'Remove' to go back stock (will reboot)

Known issues:
    • If you input a ridiculous value (greater than the max) for VDD, it will FC
      That will be fixed soon.

New downloads:
    EVO_LTE_OC_v1.1 [7/5/12] [537.81 KB (550715 bytes)]
    MD5 Sum: a43da175a5b1aeb29a0e62696da1d1d7

Older downloads:
    EVO_LTE_OC_v1 [7/5/12] [537.36 KB (550252 bytes)]
    MD5 Sum: e7d496c53f02f3b931a3333937313d11

Changelog:
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release
    Version 1.1
    • Added a scrollview in the layout
    • Added version info on main layout
    • Updated some text
    Haha.. He slipped up and let the cat our the bag

Sent from my ELTE using Tapatalk 2

Yup... That's the control panel app for newSENSE, which is being worked on by myself, dread, and one_love... Hopefully y'all won't be disappointed :) :beer:

Sent from my EVO LTE
    Version 1.1 available for download in the OP. Major change is a scrollview has been added to the main layout - changelog added to OP as well.

On a side note, I was thinking about perhaps adding NoFrills source to the app, that way it will apply it on boot.. Not sure if I will though :confused:
    I don't understand it. I grant su permissions but the app locks up on me can't get it to do anything. See attachment. As you can see I can't even see the button at bottom of screen.

Uninstall and re download the app. For now here's a mirror from my dropbox: http://db.tt/PvJqpcrQ
    (I'll add a real mirror when I get to my computer).

Sent from my EVO LTE