Magazine UX deceptive advertising

Search This thread

jgfdsa

Nov 15, 2011
I have been in contact with Samsung Customer service, UK, Spain and Poland... The thing is they are not able to give me an answer and in my opinion they are lost about this problem.

Main advertised apps/widget for the NotePro 12.2 are missing in UK, Spanish and Polish firmware. Do you have this apps available on your Magazine UX??

1. Weather and brief
2. Frequently used apps
3. S Note !!
4. Magazine favorites
5. Contacts
6. S Magazine bookmarks
7. Samsung hub...

I read several sites and forums, and the explanations given are devoted to the new agreement between Samsung and Google. Seems that Google wasn't too happy about the Mag UX.

May I ask you for your opinion about this??. Why the user always has to lose when it comes about benefit of multi-nationals?. I understand that every company will look for maximize their benefit, and we already paid a good amount of money for this tablet... but we should get (at least) an explanation or official information about why Samsung:

1 - Is delivering the new devices without all app/widgets available?. Or at least let people find it and install them.
2 - If the number of apps/widgets comes deliberately limited, why don't let us uninstall the Mag UX?.

I know if I spend some time following other threats I will be able to install other launchers, or root the Tablet and install more Mag UX apps..... the points is, I paid for a device that it should be ready to work/productivity ( see Ces2014 presentation of Samsung were they describe the meaning of Pro devices ).

Maybe instead of losing my time with Samsung Customer Service I should do what other NotePro users did, and customize my tablet by my own....

What is your opinion about this?

I installed Apex as my very first app, and as such Magazine UX is entirely irrelevant to me. I don't have access to it, nor do I feel the need to have 4-6 massive single-coloured blocks on my screen. Magazine UX is the worst thing to come to Touchwiz since Touchwiz itself.

If I wanted a screen that looks like Godzilla vomited Lego, I would've bought a Windows tablet. :rolleyes:

I've disabled Samsung Hub, Weather Widget and most of the other bloatware, so I can't test either way.

Samsung isn't selling it with a clear text saying "We promise all these Apps". So there's not a single legal thing you can do about it. In fact, I'm fairly sure the promo video had a "Apps not available in every country" message somewhere in there.

Samsung is delivering the devices without all the bloatware because people asked for less bloatware. You can't have both. And because there are parts of the world, a great many, where copyright organisations are more powerful than the governments, and as such they simply can't. Most European countries beings amongst those.

As for why they don't let us uninstall it, for the same reason Google hid the developers options under a 7x tap. Because 99.99% of the users are complete technological retards who click on everything they can set their sights on, don't think it through and then blame Samsung(or Google) when something goes horribly wrong due to their own incompetent actions. Most of them are too stupid to link "Delete this Launcher section" to the consequential vanishing of said screen. Hell, most of them barely know what a launcher is to begin with.

Keep in mind that installing another launcher will disable Magazine UX.