Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

Search This thread

gandel75

Jun 28, 2013
low in-call volume

i have GT-S5830 nd am currently running Xperiatized Revolutionized.... my in call volume is really low without the headphones.... nd it is really bugging me cuz i dont carry around my headphones.... i could use some help regarding how to fix it please.... also my 3g/2g no longer connects... nd im absolutly positive dat its not ROM related... any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?
Thank u for ur time...

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
i have GT-S5830 nd am currently running Xperiatized Revolutionized.... my in call volume is really low without the headphones.... nd it is really bugging me cuz i dont carry around my headphones.... i could use some help regarding how to fix it please.... also my 3g/2g no longer connects... nd im absolutly positive dat its not ROM related... any ideas on how to troubleshoot it?
Thank u for ur time...

Logcat please.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

gandel75

Jun 28, 2013
yea so dis is from boot onwards.... i didnt know how long to keep it on for... if a longer one is required let me know.... took a quite a long tym to understand what i had to do but managed it eventually...
and thank u for ur time :D

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    100.4 KB · Views: 21

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Hi friends,

My friend is using galaxy ace GT-S5830i, and not able to use video call option on hangout.
I know it doesnt have a front cam but a back one also is fine, atleast to receive the call from my side ? (i use grand duos)

Any help ?

It's an app restriction. It doesn't have a front camera means no video calls. Even if you would have a 24 megapixel back camera.

It's an app restriction. It doesn't have a front camera means no video calls. Even if you would have a 24 megapixel back camera.

True I understand, but then i also have sony experia tippo, which also doesnt have front cam still that can receive and make video calls, why is that ?

I am not asking default option in the phone i am looking for some hack or some mod which will enable it to use it.

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
True I understand, but then i also have sony experia tippo, which also doesnt have front cam still that can receive and make video calls, why is that ?

I am not asking default option in the phone i am looking for some hack or some mod which will enable it to use it.

Well, maybe it's a different processor architecture or something. But unless you compile CM10.1 yourself and convince your OS that it's running on a Tippo. I don't really see a solution.

damon12

Feb 18, 2016
If you need any help just let me know. I've already figured out partition table:

Current status of reverse engineering the partition table(XXKC1):

Partition Table
Code:
bml1 mibib
bml2 qcsbl
bml3 oemsbl
bml4 amms
bml5 ????????FSR_STL 
bml6 ????????FSR_STL / Empty|Empty RFS Partition???
bml7 arm11boot
bml8 Boot.img
bml9 Recovery.img
bml10 Looks like kernel init?????Contains this string:"em=330M console=NULL hw=5 fbaddr=0xb0000"
bml11 Empty partion no partion table?? Whole file FF
bml12 System.rfs
bml13 Data Partition
bml14 Cache Partition

My findings
Code:
bml1 MIBIB
bml2 QCSBL
bml3 OEMSBL1
bml4 AMMS
bml5 EFS2
bml6 NVBACKUP
bml7 PPSBL
bml8 APPS
bml9 RECOVERY
bml10 PARAM
bml11 FOTA
bml12 SYSAPPS
bml13 DATA
bml14 CACHE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

As of now we don't have any separate section for Galaxy Ace
    So I am starting this thread, so All queries/information related to device are consolidated at one place.

Root
    Rooting Ace is easy. SuperOneCLick v1.6.5 can be used to root device
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=803682
    Tested by myself, confirmed by few others as well.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=957653

IMP - As pointed by Many : Please reboot after rooting to complete the process

Recovery/Download Mode
    Recovery Mode : Home + Power Button
    Download Mode : Home + Vol Dn + Power Button

Firmwares
    As usual latest firmwares can be downloaded from SamFirmwares
    www.samfirmware.com/WEBPROTECT-s5830.htm

UPDATE : SamFirmware has just posted a Leaked Gingerbread ROM (2.3.3) For the ACE

Please note that its a leaked ROM so may not be a daily driver for most of you and yes usual disclaimer applies here too

Get it here
    Password : samfirmware.com (All credits to them)
    Okay - I haven't got all that much done since my last update, due to some bad luck and a lack of time.

I have decided to release it this morning (I'm currently in the US, working), and over the course of the next 7 days, expect to see updates for some of the features I said I'd be working on, along with (hopefully) CWM and a custom kernel which will add all the features your phones are lacking!

So, in summary, a beta version, which doesn't differ HUGELY from stock, will be released today - definitely.
    guyz any1 working on galaxy ace rom...or kernel..???

I'm working on a 2.3.3 ROM - which will be released shortly. Once released, I'll be looking at adding 2.3.4 changes (namely Google Talk with video/audio chat).

I was hoping to release today, but then I encountered the Wifi/SDHC issue. Anyone heard of a fix for that, or at least the cause? Otherwise I will be starting from scratch in locating the issue.
    One thing at a time! :)

I'm just trying to develop a base I am comfortable with for now. Please don't expect the world from day one. That being said, I will be putting a significant amount of time into this rom over the next few weeks, so it will definitely improve over time.

I've just wasted the last couple of hours messing around with the ramdisk attempting to implement custom bootanimation functionality. Unfortunately I haven't yet got it working, so I think I'll take the rest of the evening off and pick this up again in the morning!

Some small ideas of what's been done so far:

- De-odexed build (improving system space)
    - 2 tweaks which increase free memory
    - Annoying 'OHAI THE BATTERY IS FULL ALERT' removed via smali - no more audio notification or screen on to say OHAI, meaning no more 3am wake ups.
    - Menu key will now unlock phone on lock screen
    - Removed some bloatware

Now.. I was going to use the STOCK gingerbread launcher, rather than the touchwiz launcher... but I'd like people's opinions on that. I could easily make a batch file which would swap them back to original.

Tomorrow my initial plans will be:

- Have another go at implementing custom bootanimation support (had a lot of bad luck with it today)
    - Add 'Reboot to Recovery', 'Reboot to Download Mode' and 'Reboot' to the power menu

AFTER THE INITIAL RELEASE, I will then start looking into:

- Custom OC/UV kernel
    - Porting ClockworkMod or creating my own recovery image
    - More significant changes and rom work

Anyway - again... please don't expect the miracle ROM you've been waiting for since day one. Consider this a stable, solid base for changes to follow! :)

RE: People asking about TW4... I'm not going to be looking at that for a few days, so I'm not qualified to give you an answer!

Anyway.. I'll be in here again tomorrow keeping you updated. I expect to have something out by 5pm GMT. :)
    TUTORIAL

Who wants to change battery icon and status bar layout, there is a great solution...

Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen http://uot.dakra.lt/kitchen/ ....

My tutorial is just for GINGERBREAD 2.3.3, so KP8, KP9, KPB and KPE....

NO ROOT OR DEODEX NEEDED....

EDIT:
    Thanks to user xdajohn we know, that tutorial works for FROYO too... maybe rename of UOT.zip file to update.zip will be needed....

1) After you check what you want (don't forget press "Generate Preview") on the tab "FILE UPLOAD" you have to upload "framework-res.apk" and "SystemUI.apk" which you can download here: http://goo.gl/l3NNW

2) On the tab "SUMMARY" press "SUBMIT WORK TO KITCHEN"

PS: "Boot animation" is not compatible with HVGA resolution..! Also Emoticons and Glowing...Maybe later...

3) After that you will get name for .zip file with your customization on the page http://uot.dakra.lt/pickup/
    Generating .zip file can take of 5min to 30min
    example of .zip file name: "UOT-05-13-04-27-1"

3) after you get .zip file you have to replace in this zip file "update-binary" (use only Winrar ..!) file location is "META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary" you have to download new file here and replace by this file: http://goo.gl/ptMaz

4) don't rename .zip file and copy it directly to the SD card (not at any folder)..

5) turn off phone and restart at RECOVERY MODE - middle button OK + turn ON - hold both buttons until you will see SAMSUNG on the display...

recovery mode:
    14251-DSC_008444.jpg

6) go to "apply sdcard: update.zip" and find your .zip file on the SD card
    (for navigation use volume buttons and OK button)

7) after update successes "reboot system now" and thats it...! :)

14251-SC20110513-061813.png

14251-device.png